It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christ was NOT Yahweh of the Old testament

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

All are children of god. What Jesus says in terms of the father is that the father is within him.

...and how do you explain theese verses:

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
3 Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

not to mention the verses where he calls the pharisees children of the devil. Jesus says there are two types. The ones whi are his sheep and the ones who are not, and cannot hear his voice. He says the pharisees are the second kind, and their father is the devil.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by randomguy]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by randomguy]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe be a better translation :

1. "I am the true Vine
and my Father is the Worker.
2. "Whichever branch
that does not produce* fruit by me,
He cuts* it off.
And the one that produces fruit,
He prunes* it,
so that it brings* much fruit.
3. "You are already* cleansed,
because of the manifestation
I presented* you.
4. "Graft* yourselves onto me
And I onto you,
for the branch cannot bring* fruit by* itself,
If it is not grafted* to the vine;
likewise you also,
If you do not adhere to me.
5. "I am the vine and you are the branches.
Whoever adheres to me and I to them,
they shall bring much fruit.
Because without me,
you cannot do anything.
6. "For if a person* does not adhere to me,
they are cast out.
Like a branch that withers,
[which] they cut off and throw into the fire to burn.

15:2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Give."
15:2.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Takes."
15:2.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Cleanses."
15:2.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Comes."
15:3.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Here you are."
15:3.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Talked among."
15:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Adhere," "strengthen."
15:4.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "That to come."
15.4.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "From."
15:4.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "...take hold on."
15:6 Lit. Ar. id.: "Human."

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
20. "In that day you will understand*, that I am in my Father and you,
you are in me and I in you.

23. Jesus replied and told him, "Whoever is gracious* to me, should
[guard, and adhere to,]* my manifestation, and my Father shall bless*
them, and to them We shall come, and an abode with them We* shall
make*.
24. "But those who are not gracious to me, do not recognize* my
manifestation, and the manifestation that you adhere* to was not mine,
except of the Father who sent me.
25. "These [things] I made known* to you since I came to you.
26. "However, the Advocate Holy Spirit, that my Father shall send in my
name, He* will teach you everything, and He will endow* you with
everything I have told you.

21. "So that they all become one,
Whereas you my father are in me and I in you,
so also they in Us become one,
So that the world* may believe
that you sent me.
22. "And I, the glory that you gave me,
I give to them,
To become one,
just as We are One.

he talks for the whole son, the son of man
the son includes all the other sons.
The son is the one body of christ,
which is not the figure jesus, but the whole body.

The words of jesus promised another manifestation.

but the manifestation is actually the whole body of christ,
which is the whole body of god. they are one.
they are in time in levels,
but when time is full it is one body, always was, always will

[edit on 3-10-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

I dont get that meaning from those verses.

My question was to badmedia wo said "all are children of the Father"

Except Jesus called some children of the Devil.

Also Jesus said some will be cut off and "burned".

John 8
42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.
43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i wasn't really reacting on you,
but building further on what was said.

difference jesus/son of man
what the vine is...son of man
jesus spoke for the son in all of us,
for your son.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Lets take this:

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

... and analyze it alittle more:

John 15:5 "I am the vine. You are the branches. Those who live in me while I live in them will produce a lot of fruit. But without me, you can't produce anything ."

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance

63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. (John 6:63)

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance

63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. (John 6:63)

11 “How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12 Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. (Matthew 16: 11-12)

(so bread = teaching)

51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”" (John 6:51)

56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.(John 6)

56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.(John 6)

52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. (John 6)

And the last one...

49 But the person who hears what I say but doesn't act on it is like someone who built a house on the ground without any foundation. When the floodwaters pushed against it, that house quickly collapsed, and the resulting destruction of that house was extensive.” (Luke 6:49)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sigh...

When I heard this doctrine, I thought...
Satan must have sat there and said "You know, no one is going to believe this doctrine, the scriptures are so plain...."

But sadly, RW is wrestling the scriptures to his own and others destruction..

3068 - Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw) : from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare 3050, 3069.

As stated, Yahweh....means self existent or eternal....

Yahweh - can be thought of as the Family Name.

They are BOTH YAHWEH. God the Father is Yaweh, Christ the Son is Yaweh.

Let's look at a fingerprint of a specific Yahweh, mentioned in the OT, USING YAHWEH in the hebrew to refer to this being.

Can you guess which Yahweh it is referring to? To the Father? To the Son?

Let's look at this fingerprint. Only ONE BEING fits this fingerprint, and the identity should be crystal clear and plain.

OT
Isa 41:4 Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, YHWH , am the first and the last; I am He. (Isaiah 41:4)

NT
"I am the First and the Last. (Rev. 1:17)
"These things says the First and the Last" (Rev. 2:8)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." (Rev. 22:13)

OT
"I, even I, am YHWH, And besides Me there is no savior." (Isaiah 43:11)

NT
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:11)

the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. (1 John 4:14)

OT
As for our redeemer, YHWH of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel. (Isaiah 47:4, KJV).

NT
Christ hath redeemed us... (Galatians 3:13)

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity... (Titus 2:14)

OT
Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one. (Isa 44:8)

NT
For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

"Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, And whoever believes on Him [Jesus] will not be put to shame." (Romans 9:33)

OT
I am YHWH, your Holy One...your King. (Isaiah 43:15)

Thus saith YHWH the King of Israel...and beside me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

NT
Then Pilate asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" He answered him and said, "It is as you say." (Luke 23:3)

"Fear not, daughter of Zion; Behold, your King is coming, Sitting on a donkey's colt." (John 12:15)

OT
I am YHWH, your Holy One... (Isaiah 43:15)

As for our Redeemer, YHWH of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 47:4)

NT
"And we have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God." (John 6:69)

Because thou wilt not leave my soul in sheol, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. (Acts 2:27)

Who is this particular YHWH? Whose fingerprint is it identifying?

The answer should be obvious.

Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was one of the YHWHs of the Old Testament.

NO OTHER interpretation can possibly be applied.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

I miss seeing you on these religious forums. Thank you for pointing out the obvious to our friend who follows false prophets. RW was taught by Armstrong yet doesn't teach what Armstrong taught. You can't find much error in Armstrong's teachings yet there's nothing but error in Weinland's teachings. Thank you for coming on board to help prove my case. Grant you, there are some Jehovas Witnesses here who will disagree with our interpretation. Most of whom I deeply respect.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

Who thinks Jesus is Jehovah? Jesus is the Son, Jehovah is the Father. And the Holy Spirit is the bond between the two. The Bible says Gid is "One God in three persons", not three gods in one god.

Jesus repeatedly states that He and the Father "are one", in other words, They are perfectly one with one another, They are in perfect harmony with one another, They are in perfect agreement with one another, They are in perfect unison with one another.

Three separate persons making only one God.

Trinity = TRI + Unity

God sees man and woman who are married as "one". It's a difficult doctrine to completely understand, however I chalk that up to trying to conform God and His glory into my human understanding/mentality, and to me that seems ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do you believe Jesus is God, The Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God? If so, you're saying three different beings or forces equal one God. I take the Holy Spirit out of the picture. Jesus was not the Father. Yes they are one in terms of agreement and purpose, but they are separate beings. The Holy Spirit is known in the New Testament as a "comforter". It is also explained as a "rushing wind" or "breath". No being about it. It is a force... a power... a feeling.... a gift God gives to those who accept it. God bless.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

Do you believe Jesus is God, The Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God? If so, you're saying three different beings or forces equal one God.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. ONE God in three persons. Exactly what the Word says.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Who thinks Jesus is Jehovah? Jesus is the Son, Jehovah is the Father. And the Holy Spirit is the bond between the two.

Yet you said this???

It seems people are trying to fuse some sort hybrid unitary and trinity idea together to reach some sort of compromise between scriptures that SEEM to conflict each other.

The reality is they are separate beings/entities they have never been nor never will be in the same spiritual or physical body. They have there own minds. And Jesus Christ has his own free will that was tested when he came to earth. And it was Jehovah/Yahweh that resurrected a dead Jesus back to life shortly after his death.

Too many Christians don't understand that as soon as Jesus died his soul didn't instantly warp back up to heaven, his soul was dead. Thus he paid the price of the ransom for all humanity.

If you deny his soul death, you deny the ransom, which negates a fundamental Christian tenet of our faith.
People talk about accepting Jesus as their personal savior, but I have found many don't actually know what that means. Having accurate knowledge of how the sacrifice works, is really important too.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well said Bluejay. I think in this sense, our only difference in opinion lies in weather or not Jesus was Jehovah.

For the rest of you on this thread I want to show you something. Name association is a big thing in scripture. All names have meanings. 'David' means 'beloved'. 'Isaac' means 'laughing one'. 'Emmanuel' means 'God with us'. 'Jesus' means 'God is my salvation'. Okay... you get the picture but did you ever stop to look at Jesus' name? In hebrew it's 'Yeshua' or 'Jeshua' which is 'Joshua' in english. They all mean 'God is my salvation'. Okay well look here:

YHWH
Yahweh
Yeshua
Jehovah
Jeshua
Joshua
Jesus

Every name there seems to associate a common theme. To me, it's like looking at codes and deciphering them. In hebrew, Y and J are interchangeable which is why YHWH is translated as "Jehovah" in many bibles. Because YHWH can also be read as JHVH. Peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

RW was taught by Armstrong yet doesn't teach what Armstrong taught. You can't find much error in Armstrong's teachings yet there's nothing but error in Weinland's teachings.

Been meaning to post in this thread...I was actually going to start a thread on this subject but found this one.

I will address some of the other points / issued raised when I get the chance.

But here is an interesting tid bit.....showing Christ existed before his birth.

Here is an obscure passage, most overlook...

1Pe 3:19 in which also He(Christ see previous verse) went and preached to the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:20 to disobeying ones, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared (in which a few, that is, eight souls were saved through water);

Note WHEN this preaching BY CHRIST occurred. It occurred during the DAYS OF NOAH! When Noah was preparing the ark. Christ was preaching to spirits in prison. No one knows the context of this message. I believe He was rebuking them for leading the world down a path of sin and violence that led to the destruction by the flood.

ps...I will go into more detail on this passage later...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by SirPaulMuaddib]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Well, of course, His spirit was there at creation, the Word of God says that too. He needed 23 chromosomes from Mary to make his Earthly body, but that body is passed away, His resurrected incorruptible body is different. His own apostles did not recognize him at first remember?

But Jesus's Spirit was there from the beginning.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I have studied the name issue in great detail as you know. The ENGLISH name Jehovah did not exist until the English language came about. But if you look at the other Hebrew characters and names and how they have been translated to English, that is all bible names that begin with JEHO they are virtually the same for them all, so why would you suddenly change it for God's name. It's how the English language relates to the Hebrew. But in Hebrew it would be pronounced Yahweh thus the confusion.

Now are you saying Yahweh=Almighty God, But Jesus=Jehovah?

Because Yahweh(Hebrew)=Jehovah(English)
The Hebrew characters or the Tetragrammaton are the same for both.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yes there are scriptures referring to both father and son as a saviour, rock. Redeemer etc, but to assume them that both are Yahweh is drawing conclusions. Every time the apostles quote a old testament verse containing the word Yahweh, they do so saying Yahweh was the father. Never do you see this referring to christ. To say they were both Yahweh is to say christ exhalted himself. Can you show a verse containing the Word Yahweh referring to the son?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Read the verse again. When talking of the days of Noah, it is speaking of the Angels who were disobedient, it doesn't say that Christ preached to them during the days of Noah.

1Pt 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

The preaching took place during his lifetime on Earth, when he rebuked demons who were possessing people. The word "prison" above is...

G5438 - phulake (foo-lak-ay') : from 5442; a guarding or (concretely, guard), the act, the person; figuratively, the place, the condition, or (specially), the time (as a division of day or night), literally or figuratively:--cage, hold, (im-)prison(-ment), ward, watch.

When Christ spoke to demons they had no choice but to obey him, they were in a condition of restraint ("prison"). The verse above is simply saying the demons he rebuked were the same one who were disobedient during the days of Noah. How did Christ rebuke them?

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

1Pt 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

[edit on 13/10/09 by doctorex]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Much of the material below I have stated before, but maybe not clear enough. Below I will show that both Peter and Paul quoted Old Testament scriptures that identify Yahweh as God the Father, never Christ the son.

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee
------------------------------------------------

Below is a quote from the old testament......

PSALMS 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD (Yahweh) hath said unto me, "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee".

The context above shows that the one who said "thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee" is obviously the Father, and the one who said this is Yahweh. Then, to drive this point home, that this is the God the Father talking to his Son Christ, in the book of Hebrews Paul points out that it is the one who said in the old testament "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee" (Yahweh) who is the one who glorified Christ to be made high priest, and not Christ himself....

Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made a high priest; but HE that said unto him, Thou art my Son, today have I begotten thee.

Paul doesn't have to even use the word Yahweh to identify the Father, he points to the old testament scriptures to do that. In one simple verse, Paul is plainly stating here that Christ didn't exalt himself, but it was the one he quotes as saying "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee", showing both that Christ is not the one who said this (because he didn't exalt himself), and that the one who said this was the Father, who is identified in the old testament verse he quoted as Yahweh. It also shows that since Yahweh exalted Christ, not Christ himself, that Christ can not also be Yahweh. It doesn't get any clearer than that, but I'll continue...

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
-------------------------------------------------------

Peter said ....

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the LORD always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Peter is pointing out here, that what David wrote in the Psalms, was not David speaking of himself because David was still dead and in the grave, he had not risen from the dead. Peter is pointing out that David was speaking prophetically from the perspective of Christ. Peter quotes 2 different Psalms in the passage above....

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD (Yahweh) said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Even though it should be quite clear from the context of the verse above who is speaking to whom (since God the Father exalted his son Christ to His Right hand), The Apostle Peter himself quoted this verse, saying this was God the Father speaking to his son, and if you look at the verse Peter quoted in the original Hebrew, Yahweh is the one speaking to his son. Peter proved this by saying that Christ the son was exalted to the right hand of God the Father, who is identified by the Hebrew passage as Yahweh.

Peter also quoted Psalm 16, saying that this was prophetic of Christ the Son speaking to his Father. Now notice it in the Old Testament, and remember that this time, this is Christ the Son speaking, and notice who he is speaking to...

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD (Yahweh) always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

In Acts 2, Peter is pointing out that Christ had faith that he would not be left in the tomb dead, but that he would be resurrected by his Father, who is identified in the Hebrew passage that he quotes (Psalm 16) as Yahweh.

[edit on 13/10/09 by doctorex]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"The God of our Fathers"
-----------------------------

Peter said to the Jews....

ACTS 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Peter states that it was the God of their fathers who glorified HIS SON Jesus. So, who was the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob?

Genesis 26:24 And the LORD (Yahweh) appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.

Genesis 28:13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD (Yahweh) God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD (Yahweh) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Exodus 3:16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD (Yahweh) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:

Exodus 4:5 That they may believe that the LORD (Yahweh) God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.

Deuteronomy 9:5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD (Yahweh) swore unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Deuteronomy 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD (Yahweh) swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, who Peter stated was the Father of Christ, was Yahweh.

Who sent Christ?
----------------

Christ plainly stated many times that He did not send himself, he did not raise up himself. He, and the Apostles, stated more times than needs to be quoted that it was God the Father who sent Christ. Now notice Peter refer to a prophecy from the Old testament....

ACTS 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the LORD your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Notice it in the Old Testament Hebrew, and who it was who would raise up Christ....

DEUTERONOMY 18:15 The LORD (Yahweh) thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16 According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

It was Yahweh who would raise up Christ, to send him to the people, and that person was pointed out by Christ and the Aposltes to be God the Father.

Peter and Paul did point to Yahweh being the Father, by quoting the old testament. Paul even specifically stated that it was God the Father who spoke to the prophets of the Old Testament....

HEBREWS 1:1 God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, through whom also he makes the age;

He plainly stated that it was only in their day that God the Father began to speak to them by his Son, and that it was the God the Father who spoke to to the people via the prophets, and the one who speaks to the prophets of the Old Testament was Yahweh.

Peter also backs up the view of Paul's view on this. Speaking of Christ, he said....

1PETER 1:20 Who verily was predestined before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Every single time the Apostles quote the old testament scriptures where the word Yahweh is used, they point to Yahweh in the context of being the Father of Christ, not Christ himself. Ask yourself, why would they do this if this was not the case? Also remember, I have not inserted any of my own interpretation into this, I have let the Apostles interpretations of the Old Testament verses they quote to point to the Father speak for itself. If you disagree, it is not me you disagree with, but the Apostles, and if you believe their word to be inspired by God, then who is it you are disagreeing with?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join