It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Buchanan to Obama about RACE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
Not that it matters I guess, but......

Buchannon was one of the loudest and most fervent opponents of the Civil Rights Amendment.

True, ask him...

And Senator Byrd, D-WV was a member of the KKK. Do you still hate him for that? OR do you give a pass on changing his mind just because he's a fellow dem? Warning! Hypocrisy alert!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Originally posted by centurion1211
No, on the thread you seemed to be the first to imply that Buchanan is a racist for stating those views.

My first post was directed to Pat's text in the link, true, but upon reading what was NOT copy/pasted into the OP, I blame both Pat Buchanan and Barack Obama and I typed that thought into my second post:

Obama, imo, is no different than Pat Buchanan if he makes statements about 'races' as well. They're BOTH perpetuating that sickening ideology.

And also in my third post responding to you...

Looking at those quotes, isn't it obvious Pat and Barack mentioned it several times? They're BOTH playing the race card and will continue to play it smply because they both believe that blacks and whites are different races.

Racialization is racism. It's a false ideology and anyone that believes in racism is a racist the same way that anyone believing in Communism is a Communist.

[edit on 1/10/09 by masqua]

[edit on 1/10/09 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

So saying that blacks have already been given enough aid to help them compensate for what happened to their ancestors over 150 years ago is racism?

If so, that has more to do with the thickness of one's skin than the color of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

So saying that blacks have already been given enough aid to help them compensate for what happened to their ancestors over 150 years ago is racism?

No, I'm saying that relating 'black' or 'white' to 'race' is racism. There were plenty of examples in the text. I'm not American, so I have no issue with however little or much money has been thrown at civil rights. That is an American issue. If more needs to be done, that is America's problem. If no more needs to be done, that is America's decision to make.

What I personally would not like to see is a return to the Jim Crow mentality that existed prior to the civil rights movement.

If so, that has more to do with the thickness of one's skin than the color of it.

Like I said, I've no dog in that hunt. My hounds are out for those who, like both Pat and Barack, perpetuate the lie of 'racialization'.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Towloc

Its more than just a black and white racist issue, there are many more races that have seen their share of it. I find it incredibly unfair when its a black white situation, I am a US born hispanic. When I was in high-school black history month was a big thing and still is with my younger brothers generation, they have all sorts of school wide meetings that are required, the school basically is focused on the black history all month. When hispanic heritage month rolls around a slip was handed out in class to kids that the teachers thought would be "interested" in the meeting which was not required.

I'm just speaking out of personal experiences but I really feel it needs to be more than just another Black VS White issue. Its really getting old.

We need to stop complaining about our differences and what happened in the past and focus on a future for EVERYONE. it is really starting to sicken me how dead end this issue has become.

I agree.
so what did you all do when white heritage month came around?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Race is only one factor that can be a source of inequality. There are also wealth, class, gender, education, physical ability and national origin, among other differences. To say there are no differences or divisions among people is just ingenuous. It allows inequalities to exist without being challenged.

The ones most likely to insist that we're all equal tend to be the most privileged. They benefit the most from the status quo and so see no need to change it.

That doesn't mean a person should adopt a victim mentality, which would disadvantage them further. And it doesn't mean that we shouldn't treat others as our equals. But to tell people who are suffering that they should just toughen up is usually not helpful or compassionate.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Sestias]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join