It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Buchanan to Obama about RACE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
For some reason I can imagine him writing this while listening to Enenim's "White America"

........................................................................................................

"Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to. This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ' 60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude???

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown , and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

Full article & it's pretty harsh if not flat out racist! 3/28/2008

edited to add link above

[edit on 30-9-2009 by The Change Weenie]

mod edit to add external quote code

[edit on 3-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
wow, the guy who said all of that is a hero in my eyes. I have been saying that for a long time but i am only then considered a "racist", but i do not stop because i am not afraid of being labeled for doing what i believe is right.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wow, ol Pat Buchanan sockin to Obama....
how true are those statistics...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Buchanan can certainly never be considered a person to pull his punches, eh? I definitely would rather a beer with Pat than with Barack. I'm pretty sure Pat would have my back if I got into a tussle in a bar.
Even if I did start it all, which I wouldn't by the way and never have. Barack? Nah. He woudn't even go into the bars I like to go into. I've probably spent more time in "black" bars than Barack has spent being a community organizer. No, I don't go to hip-hop or rap bars. I frequent blues bars. Why? Because the music is great, the people are wonderful and friendly and, well, the ladies are sweet and flirty.

From their wigs down to their lips to their fake nails down to their toes........I love these ho's i love these ho's.

Something like that. Andre Benjamin rocks!

Ut, oh. Back on topic. I wander as I wonder. My black friends and associates, while they mostly don't agree with Patrick Buchanan, remark that he says what he thinks and they respect him for that and not only that, people can see where he is coming from, so there's no surprises and you know who he is.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Buchanan is obviously a racist

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its more than just a black and white racist issue, there are many more races that have seen their share of it. I find it incredibly unfair when its a black white situation, I am a US born hispanic. When I was in high-school black history month was a big thing and still is with my younger brothers generation, they have all sorts of school wide meetings that are required, the school basically is focused on the black history all month. When hispanic heritage month rolls around a slip was handed out in class to kids that the teachers thought would be "interested" in the meeting which was not required.

I'm just speaking out of personal experiences but I really feel it needs to be more than just another Black VS White issue. Its really getting old.

We need to stop complaining about our differences and what happened in the past and focus on a future for EVERYONE. it is really starting to sicken me how dead end this issue has become.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by The Change Weenie
For some reason I can imagine him writing this while listening to Enenim's "White America"

Either that or after watching old Strom Thurmond clips.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago*." By Patrick J. Buchanan

*bolding mine

So, is he suggesting we roll it all back to the way things were before MLK and the civil rights movement?

1968, the date of MLK's assasination?

Way to go Pat, keep waving that race card as hard as you can.

Racism

Oh, btw... care to include a link in the OP?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

buchanan.org... here you go

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
"The “white community” must invest more money in black schools and communities, enforce civil rights laws, ensure fairness in the criminal justice system and provide this generation of blacks with “ladders of opportunity” that were “unavailable” to Barack’s and the Rev. Wright’s generations.

What is wrong with Barack’s prognosis and Barack’s cure?

Only this. It is the same old con, the same old shakedown that black hustlers have been running since the Kerner Commission blamed the riots in Harlem, Watts, Newark, Detroit and a hundred other cities on, as Nixon put it, “everybody but the rioters themselves.”

Was “white racism” really responsible for those black men looting auto dealerships and liquor stories, and burning down their own communities, as Otto Kerner said — that liberal icon until the feds put him away for bribery."

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It's important to keep Buchanan's remarks in context. I don't recall how old that article is, but I read it several weeks ago. It was probably after Obama being made to look like a fool for the cop incident.

This column wasn't out of the blue, it was in response to something in the news. And his views aren't racist, or even controversial.

Many people in the conservative movement feel exactly the same way, and not all of them are white (Keyes, Sowell, Williams to name a few).

Walter Williams has a great column today with a similar take:

Walter Williams

[edit on 30-9-2009 by itscoming]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscoming
Many people in the conservative movement feel exactly the same way, and not all of them are white (Keyes, Sowell, Williams to name a few).

Walter Williams has a great column today with a similar take:

Walter Williams

Thanks for that.

I read the text in your link and found it refreshingly honest, especially this part:

Race is no longer the problem that it once was. That doesn't mean there are not white and black bigots and that every vestige of racial discrimination has been eliminated. What little racial discrimination remains is nowhere near the insurmountable barrier it once was. For the most part, white bigots are no longer respected among whites, and I look forward to the day when black bigots are no longer respected among blacks.

When one says that race is no longer the problem it once was, it is not the same as saying that there are not major problems that confront a large segment of the black population. Grossly fraudulent education is a major problem, but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination as evidenced by the fact that the worse education received is in the very cities where blacks dominate the political structure. Crime is a major problem, but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination, particularly in light of the fact that blacks commit most of the violent crime in America and well over 90 percent of their victims are black. The fact of a 70 percent illegitimacy rate and only 35 percent of black children raised in two-parent homes is a major problem, but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination.

Americans should disavow and not fall prey to the racial rope-a-dope being played on us by the nation's race hustlers.*

*bolding mine

I took the time to do a search on the net for other responses and there's plenty of reaction to Pat's statements. I'd say, on the whole, what I found was encouraging.

Personally, I get a little steamed whenever race is mentioned simply because I don't buy the notion. That's a problem because I hear it everywhere, from both sides of the political divide, from all religions and in all countries. It's as if almost the whole world buys the idea of seperate races, which goes to show you what 4 centuries of brainwashing can accomplish.

Obama, imo, is no different than Pat Buchanan if he makes statements about 'races' as well. They're BOTH perpetuating that sickening ideology.

Racial rope-a-dope indeed.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is one guy that makes a good point, forget his name..

A good argument one might hear. is about how there is no jobs in the inner cities, old dilapidated properties. Basically no way for poverty stricken nieghborhoods to get themselves out of the hole.

But this guy points the finger at the creators of this "revolving door".
It just comes down to who votes for who. Its safe to say, that the majority of low income poverty stricken people...if they are registered voters, are likely and have probably been adamate about voting Democrats into office.

I use to think this way myself, but this past election has opened my eyes thankfully.

It probably is true that Republicans are only supporting the wealthy, but the Dems great strenght, is their illusion that they are the opposite.
The Democratic leaders are the hinge that keeps poor people poor and wealthy people rich.
Sadly this isnt going to change with this admin.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Buchanan wrote this article back in March 2008 - in case no one noticed.

(I know.... it is more fun to bash Pat Buchanan and pretend he is a racist)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

(I know.... it is more fun to bash Pat Buchanan and pretend he is a racist)

Its easier, takes less thought and the accuser can pat themselves on the back for outing a white man as a racist. Apparently they can read hearts and minds.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

So, is he suggesting we roll it all back to the way things were before MLK and the civil rights movement?

1968, the date of MLK's assasination?

Way to go Pat, keep waving that race card as hard as you can.

Racism

No, to me - quite obviously - Buchanan is simply suggesting that after 40 years and 40 trillion dollars of aid for the blacks that they should be able to take over for themselves.

Economics, not racism. Not every criticism of blacks is racist. And were you, in fact, the first to play the race card here?

[edit on 10/1/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Hello Centurion,

this is the second time in written history that I agree with you. See, we have things in common

Pat sounds radical but he can't be blamed for the material in that particular paper. It's all true.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And were you, in fact, the first to play the race card here?

No, I was NOT the first to mention race. It was there from the beginning right in Buchanan's little diatribe.

Quoted from the OP:

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America.

[...]

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime

buchanan.org...

Not quoted from the OP, but still found within the link provided:

Rev. Jeremiah Wright delivered racist rants

[...]

Barack then listed black grievances and informed us what white America must do to close the racial divide and heal the country

[...]

Was “white racism” really responsible for those black men
looting

Looking at those quotes, isn't it obvious Pat and Barack mentioned it several times? They're BOTH playing the race card and will continue to play it smply because they both believe that blacks and whites are different races.

That's what racism is. You don't have to hate to be racist, you just have to believe in the ideology.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Not that it matters I guess, but......

Buchannon was one of the loudest and most fervent opponents of the Civil Rights Amendment.

True, ask him...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

No, on the thread you seemed to be the first to imply that Buchanan is a racist for stating those views.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by centurion1211

Hello Centurion,

this is the second time in written history that I agree with you. See, we have things in common

Pat sounds radical but he can't be blamed for the material in that particular paper. It's all true.

Thanks. I always hold out hope.

And what is it that they say about a broken clock - that it's still right twice a day. Guess that's how even the people we disagree with most still get it right every once in awhile.

<<   2 >>

join