It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Basics - Bush reading 'Pet Goat'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

Very true. However, I deal with facts not my own preconceived notions on how the Secret Service does their jobs. Which is something that never fails to amuse me, the people who arent police, arent security, wouldnt have the first clue when it comes to protecting someone....and yet are experts on the subject.

So you are secret service? Thank goodness you are not protecting anyone important if coming under attack means you all have to tell the pres to just sit tight for a bit while you figure out some other kind of plan because he needs immediate access to his staff....in a little while.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Secret Service plans the "escape" routes for evacuating the area for something like an assassination attempt. 9/11 wasnt that. It was an act of war, and the President needed to be able to discuss things with his staff

Sure. By reading the "Pet Goat." I'll have to remember that when there is an "Act of War" next time. Sounds like a plan!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I really didnt think that what I posted was that difficult to understand, but appearantly I was wrong. I didnt say I was Secret Service. However, I have worked with them before, and know a bit about the subject. That..and I bothered to read the testimony regarding the events of the day.

BTW...if that was an attempt at sarcasm...you really need to work on it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A point that has not been raised in this thread is that if you believe the official story then the Bush Administration officials did not know anything about the attacks that day.

Do you know how long it takes for a missile attack to be launched from a submarine off the coast of Florida? About 5 minutes. How could they presume to know that the attack was not a military strike perpetrated by a nation state or sponsored by a nation state with full access to sophisticated weaponry??

At 10:10 am

All US military forces are ordered to Defcon Three (or Defcon Delta), “The highest alert for the nuclear arsenal in 30 years.” [Daily Telegraph, 12/16/2001;

The massive blast doors at Norad headquarters in Cheyenne Mountain were closed. So to say that the military was not concerned about the possibility of a serious military strike is not supported by the evidence.

Therefore it is reasonable to question the delay in moving the President.

Also the previous summer Bush attended the G8 conference in Italy and an anti aircraft battery was requested and supplied due to reported warnings of a possible air attack.

I agree with an earlier post, to me he appeared to be more of a spectator to events beyond his control rather than "the leader of the free world".

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What about...
I'm sorry kids I have some presidential business to attend to, I'm going to have to get going and let your teacher finish the story but thanks so much for having me here today.

Duh

S&F

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I found it odd that he was even visiting a grade school to begin with, since his wife was a teacher and librarian and would have been better suited for promoting an educational initiative. Since Bush was small fry, he wasn't in on what was going down that day. Besides, they couldn't trust him to act like he was shocked if he had advance notice.

With regards to the guy whispering in his ear, I thought the President would at least wear an earpiece at all times so he could be communicated to confidentially in real time. Or maybe, like remote control planes, that technology didn't exist at the time.

After the "terrorist" activity of that day is completed, Bush flies from Florida to Louisiana and then on to Nebraska - for security reasons of course. The article below also goes on to state that Dick Cheney and the First Lady were taken to undisclosed locations as security precautions. All this, while the President remained safely in a disclosed location because, you know, those streets can get pretty rough out there when you're traveling in an armor plated limo. Assuming of course the Secret Service is stupid enough to put you in your limo and not some other anonymous decoy vehicle.

www.washingtonpost.com...

You know, an act of war has been committed against us so give me a few minutes to finish up with these kids and then when I'm done I'll be right with you and we can regroup and figure out what to do. If only stand up comedy was as amusing as some of these explanations offered.

It looks like the American military wasn't the only one ordered to stand down on that day.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

I really didnt think that what I posted was that difficult to understand, but appearantly I was wrong. I didnt say I was Secret Service. However, I have worked with them before, and know a bit about the subject. That..and I bothered to read the testimony regarding the events of the day.

BTW...if that was an attempt at sarcasm...you really need to work on it.

It was merely an attempt to point out the absurdity that has been your response thus far. Luckily, every other poster here has noticed how ludicrous your explanations are so please, mock me for it all you like.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There just is no good explanation here. The President of the United States who finds out that a "WAR" has begun on U.S soil continues reading Pet Goat amongst children who he could be endangering.

The excuses about "ambushes" and the like are easily refuted. If ambushes were really the problem, all that had to happen, was for the President to get away from the children, to another room where he could start getting "on line" with people(military/vice pres) he needed to be talking to. The children could be sent home or just kept in another room.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
We still wonder why he just continued to sit there - America was under attack! Think about it. It still doesn't make any sense his reaction, unless he was simply doing what he was supposed to, in other words nothing.

Exactly Omegapoint!
America was under attack!

So:
Where there important bills to sign or veto in those 7 minutes?
Where there judges to appoint in those 7 minutes?
Was he supposed to be the 3rd POTUS to actually do tactical "commander in chiefing" (So far only Washington and Madison did that)?

The OP calls it a "Knee jerk" reaction, but like him i have yet to hear what he was supposed to do.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

They actually hung around the school for a half hour after it was obvious that our country was under attack. At a location they had announced in advance.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
As i said:

Was he needed to sign/veto a bill in that time?
Was he needed to appoint a judge in that time?
Was he needed to make tactical decisions in that time? (Tactical, not strategic)

Not to mention that he was on board of air force one *ONE* Hour after the attacks. I have no idea how long it takes to get to the airport from that school, but considering SS & Staff have to go there as well leaving within 1 hour *is* leaving immediately.

But that aside: You all agree that he should not have done what he did.
But:

What should he have done?

Leaving immediately: See above: he did.
anything else?

I completely understand why you can't get an answer to that. If you did answer that, there would be goal posts, and if you put up goal posts you just have to move them around all the time ...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Interview with Andrew Card, Chief of Staff:

I made the decision that I would pass on two facts, make one editorial comment and do nothing to invite a question or start a dialogue. I opened the door to the classroom and the press pool was gathered at the back of the classroom. I walked up to the president and leaned over and whispered into his right ear: “A second plane” — I was very very succinct, very purposeful with my diction — “A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack.” And I stood back from the president so that he couldn’t ask me a question and then I inched my way back to the door. I was all business. I was all business.

There was a lot of criticism of the president not being immediately available on the day of the attacks. What do you have to say about that? There should be no criticism for the way the president responded to the attacks on September 11. I thought he was masterful and disciplined and inclusive and decisive. If people are criticizing him, they are criticizing from afar, and not from the reality of the moment.

More here

Interesting part about his staff worried that he may get sick from the stench of dead fish that morning. They evidently take his health very seriously.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Mock you? Why would I do that?

As for thinking my points are absurd...coming from someone such as yourself who knows exactly zilch about the subject, doesnt bother me in the slightest.

If you cannot accept the facts about why the Secret Service acted the way they did that day, its not my problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So swampy are you saying that you would take care of your pet goat first.
And instead of getting some terrorist planes shot down and save thousands of American lives ----you would you just fly around from town to town looking and sounding more juvenile than the kids you just left?
You would let your right hand man take the rape for you too. Sounds like the secret service you know.
Not very nice.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 4-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
As i said:

Was he needed to make tactical decisions in that time? (Tactical, not strategic)

Not to mention that he was on board of air force one *ONE* Hour after the attacks. I have no idea how long it takes to get to the airport from that school, but considering SS & Staff have to go there as well leaving within 1 hour *is* leaving immediately

I completely understand why you can't get an answer to that. If you did answer that, there would be goal posts, and if you put up goal posts you just have to move them around all the time ...

bunky
Goal post one----What Tactical decisions?
Goal post two----when?
Goal post three--- (tactical not strategic) what the heck does this mean?
It will most likely take an hour or so for you to answer this--
so it is good you are not the COMANDER AND CHIEF with a country
UNDER ATTACK.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Difference between tactic and strategy

Tactic: Achieve a set goal with using the means at your disposal
Strategy: A plan to make sure the means necessary to achieve a set goal are at your disposal

It was too late to implement a strategy, thats why I made the distinction.

Set goal: Shoot down planes. Ok.
Is the Potus needed to scramble interceptors? No
Is the Potus needed to order said interceptors to intercept? No.
Those are tactical decisions on General or even lower level.
Like almost every Potus before Bush delegated things military to the generals, only Washington and Monroe took actual tactical command in the field. Asking bush to organize the interception is like asking him to check your income tax declaration.

You don't need bush to intercept planes. Bushs position in the school building has no influence on # of jets scrambled, or times to intercept.

So: what should he have done again?

You guys really need a clear scenario of what he should have done, or all criticism about what he did is meaningless.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Was he needed to sign/veto a bill in that time?
Was he needed to appoint a judge in that time?

Yes, to all of the above. /sarcasm

It's not the PRESIDENT who was supposed to do something, it was the Secret Service. So reform your argument with that in mind

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh look! a moving goalpost!

So: getting him into airforce one within one hour was not the thing the SS should have done?

What should they have done?

Was one hour too long? too short? Airforce one not the right location? What other location do you suggest?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
continue to read the book or have "dick" invite you to a hunting session....

to me the answer is pretty clear

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

They should have left him in the school until he had learned to read and speak proper English is what they SHOULD have done!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join