It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Basics - Bush reading 'Pet Goat'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
thdman

As you said - his plans were already known. So why run out into possible ambush. Sit tight and figure out next moves....

So, you think his risking the additional lives of schoolchildren in case of an "ambush" at the school---- would be a better move?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

What I think is even stupider about that statement, is there is at least a 100% greater chance of being ambushed in a place you announced you were going to be, than any random, undisclosed place AF1 decides to go to. Like they would've had people waiting all over the country just waiting to see AF1, rather than just try to target the school.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
One thing, if it was pre-planned to such an extent then surely the most natural thing to do would have been to ensure that Bush got up immediately and excused himself. This would have made him look much better than just sitting there looking puzzled.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You mean an announced stop where the Secret Service and local law enforcement has gone through the entire neighborhood and has a few dozen men with heavy weapons at the ready deployed to ensure no one gets near the school?

Yeah, it would have made sooo much more sense to immeadiately put him in a car and back out onto the city streets that, by nature, arent quite as secure as a building.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

He has a plane, you know.

And nobody on the ground would have been able to stop a plane flying into the school, for example.

I don't even know why you arguing something so stupid, Swampfox, because they DID end up hauling him off to the airport in the end anyway. They just took their sweet time doing it.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I understand the logic of keeping president bush where he was. However, we must assume that the president is a potential target. In which case, why not evacuate the school? It seems to me that one of the prime decisions is whether to evacuate the president or evacuate the children.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes, they took their time.

Rather than going off half cocked, they took the time to make a new plan on where to take the President. Any other time, evacuating the President is strictly designed to get him out of danger. That day, he had to be moved, but he also still needed to be able to do his job. Although, it will never make any sense to the people bent on believing in some huge conspiracy that day, the Secret Service did it right that day.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Rather than going off half cocked, they took the time to make a new plan on where to take the President.

Got any proof of that?

You would probably sooner believe that the secret service was just incompetent even if you did realize keeping him there was a stupid move.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Seems like a stoopid move,only if you think he didnt know it was coup de tat ,if he knew ,it was smart , because even bush knew the they would be less likely to kill a bunch of children,now if he was surrounded by a buch of bankers,at an economic meeting ,then maybe his A**hole would have been very puckered.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

We normally dont agree on much when it comes to 9/11,But i have to agree The SS did their jobs.

My cousin is still SS and was on cheney detail while he was VP,and now that they are out,and the fact bush pissed so many people off, hes on bushes daughter detail,their safety was questioned ,because he made so many mad.He said it sucks big time.I believe they tried to take bush out but failed.Who ever "they" is i have no clue,only speculation.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by lycopersicum]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by talisman

What I think is even stupider about that statement, is there is at least a 100% greater chance of being ambushed in a place you announced you were going to be, than any random, undisclosed place AF1 decides to go to. Like they would've had people waiting all over the country just waiting to see AF1, rather than just try to target the school.

Exactly, exactly. I thought the same thing just after I typed.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Rather than going off half cocked, they took the time to make a new plan on where to take the President. Any other time, evacuating the President is strictly designed to get him out of danger. That day, he had to be moved, but he also still needed to be able to do his job. Although, it will never make any sense to the people bent on believing in some huge conspiracy that day, the Secret Service did it right that day.

So what your saying is that for all these years Presidents having been going into places where the security detail never even prepares for escape routes? They had to take their time? So endangering children would be part of that plan?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Rather than going off half cocked, they took the time to make a new plan on where to take the President.

Why did they need a new plan? What is it that the secret service are supposed to be doing again? According to people on this board, they barely have a plan A and no plan B at all?

Any other time, evacuating the President is strictly designed to get him out of danger. That day, he had to be moved, but he also still needed to be able to do his job.

Huh? Any other time, the president would not be needed to do his job but in this ONE particular instance, he was needed to do his job? Why would the president never need to do his job unless it was exactly this?

I also really would like to know exactly what job it was he was there to keep doing? Gathering the kids around him to speak to the press? That is what he did isn't it?

Although, it will never make any sense to the people bent on believing in some huge conspiracy that day, the Secret Service did it right that day.

Did what right? Left the president in danger?
Had no plan B?
Could not figure out how to get the president safe as well as to a phone?
Was he able to do his job better from that school than he would have from AF1?

Please clear this up for me.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

I'd ordinarily agree with you. If you hadn't noticed, though, it was practically Bush's job while in office to be as brash and blatantly terrible as possible - perhaps to see if we'd do anything.

Now we have Obama doing the same thing, but with a soft-soap approach instead.

And we're still not taking action. Maybe that was the point.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What about if the reports of the events that played out from 3am to 6am, are true?

One man reports to the police that he believes his friend may be in town to due harm to the president, supposedly the SS jumps into action and goes out and starts arresting people. If memory serves me they were all Arabs from the Sudan. This took place at 3amish.

Then around 6am, supposedly a couple of middle eastern reporters ask for a poolside interview with Bush. Coming directly to his location.

If these reports are true, even one of them, it makes the SS actions that day even more puzzling.

Something even a little more puzzling is the fact that some people in this thread can't comprehend the fact that they were crashing planes that day. A ten mile security perimeter would not have made any difference. It was a pre planned event, at best it took them too long to make the decision to leave. At worst they knew exactly where every hijacked plane was at, at that very moment, and knew the president had time to do his dog and pony show for the public.

Excellent thread on it all (on ATS)called:

Unknown assassination attempt on George W. Bush on 911
By Counterterrorist
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Stillresearchn911]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Secret Service plans the "escape" routes for evacuating the area for something like an assassination attempt. 9/11 wasnt that. It was an act of war, and the President needed to be able to discuss things with his staff. Not to mention, they were still unsure as to the full extent of the events going on. So, they took the time to make different plans and allow the President the time to touch base with his staff and set some things in motion.

But again...the above will mean nothing to those bent on their conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We still wonder why he just continued to sit there - America was under attack! Think about it. It still doesn't make any sense his reaction, unless he was simply doing what he was supposed to, in other words nothing.

Another strange thing is the short duration of the whisper, after which the press secretary steps away.

"American is under attack" steps away. WTF?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

But again...the above will mean nothing to those bent on their conspiracy theories.

Swampfox, the same could be said about people like yourself. People who are obviously bent on condoning and justifying every action, good or bad, that the president and his people made that day.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

Very true. However, I deal with facts not my own preconceived notions on how the Secret Service does their jobs. Which is something that never fails to amuse me, the people who arent police, arent security, wouldnt have the first clue when it comes to protecting someone....and yet are experts on the subject.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Secret Service plans the "escape" routes for evacuating the area for something like an assassination attempt. 9/11 wasnt that. It was an act of war, and the President needed to be able to discuss things with his staff. Not to mention, they were still unsure as to the full extent of the events going on. So, they took the time to make different plans and allow the President the time to touch base with his staff and set some things in motion.

You did not explain why he would have better communication from inside the school that AF1.

Your explanation is cute but it is all supposition, is it not? Have any proof or are you just making up the story that makes you feel better?

Somehow silently, they all agreed that the secret service would take some extra time to think of another plan and the president would just sit there and stare blankly until they figured it out. After some time, they decide that since it is an act of war, he better be able to finally "touch base" with his staff? Then he moves onto and interview with children as human shields or targets. Once they knew it was airplanes used as missiles, the best thing to do was keep the president and the children close in the school everyone knew he was at because they had a phone he could use? Where do you get this from?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join