It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone expierence slow mail from US to Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I list stuff on ebay for my husbands friend and I had mailed out a package priority international from GA USA to Prince George BC CANADA on Spet. 8th and they still have not received it(9/30/09). How long is the longest ya'll have had to wait for mail from the US? I can't find my reciept either so I am hoping that the package gets there becaue even though they purchased insurance, I have no reciept to prove it. It will cost me over $200.00.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

wow..you posted it priority?
not sure if you can track that or not.
I would have bought insurance.
I sent a parcel to Australia and it got there in 3 weeks (from Ontario , Can.)
I have sent letters to NY and they make it there in a week.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
1. Customs could be having a field day, It took me 6 weeks to get the t-shirts I ordered from NY to get to AB.

2. Canada Post (at least in AB and parts of BC) is very short staffed. I haven't received my Forwarding mail in about 2 weeks.

3. They lost it.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My folks and I got a letter from the post office about 2 weeks ago.
It stated that due to the economic situation, your mail may be delivered later then usual.

I guess they had to cut staff. Not sure if this has any thing to do with it, but who knows. I use to get my mail at about 11am-12pm. Now it's more like 2pm-3pm. Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great news!!!! I just got an email from the guy and he got it today. It only took 22 days even though they say 6-10 days. What a relief!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Customs are checking almost every package due to the problem of drugs. I have a friend who works at the US Postal Service and is a geek about those sorts of things.

1. always send it priority

2. get a tracking number (usually in country only) when available

3. always insure the package

4. send it registered mail

That is the best way to send international mail. It may cost more, but you can at least track it and they will pay more attention to finding it rather than pay out insurance.

edited for content

[edit on 10/1/2009 by kidflash2008]

new topics

top topics

join