It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orang-pendek discovered & documented?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok, I will preface this by saying that I do not know about the credibility of the source.

Now to the juicy stuff:

CFZ member Dave Archer and local guide Sahar saw the creature at a distance of around 100 feet as it squatted in a tree. Dave describes it as broad shouldered, with a large head, black skin and dark brown hair. A line of darker fur was visible on the spine. He likened the coat of the creature to that of a mountain gorilla. Sahar saw the creature jump down from the tree and walk away on its hind legs. It was the size of an adult male chimpanzee.

Next to the tree was some rattan vine that the animal was apparently chewing. Expedition leader Adam Davis has preserved part of the plant in ethanol in the hope that it contains cells from the animal’s mouth.

The team also found and photographed several sets of tracks made by creatures. Expedition zoologist Richard Freeman confirmed that they matched no known creature in the area. The prints were six to seven inches long with a narrow heel and wider front. The big toe is well separated.

Hair samples were taken from a tree close to the tracks. A number of the hairs contain medullas that the team hopes will contain orang-pendek DNA. The samples will shortly be sent off to experts around the world for analysis.

Footage from the expedition and from the Irish lakes are being submitted for inclusion in a major BBC documentary about the CFZ, which is being made by Minnow Films, an award winning British film production company, over the next eight months.

Pictures are available from the expedition, and more information will be released over the next few days.

It sounds promising. Does anyone know of the group called Centre for Fortean Zoology? Are they legitimate?

Here is a link to the story:cfzsumatra09.blogspot.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's their site: www.cfz.org.uk...

Wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

Dunno how credible they are.
The blog reads a bit like monster Quest or a Bigfoot show on Discovery.

Lot of unverifiable and tenuously linked evidence.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The team also found and photographed several sets of tracks made by creatures.

Its a shame they didn't have the camera to actually photograph the creature itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront

The team also found and photographed several sets of tracks made by creatures.

Its a shame they didn't have the camera to actually photograph the creature itself.

Yup! Didn't get a photograph because they were trying to get a better vantage point. Well, I guess I can understand. If they had given us a blurry photograph then it would have been just as bad, if not worse, than nothing at all. But hair & possibly saliva samples were collected. Hopefully they do not match anything in the known DNA database. Now that would raise some excitement.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well, I guess I can understand.

I don't understand, lol...

Why the hell didn't they just shoot the bloody thing?

If its not a protected species, well...

Unless they had no firearms with them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We go camping often, but haven't seen "anything" yet. But I assure you, if we ever do spot one of these creatures, we're puttin' it down for the count, wasting no time with any of this "Hair & Tissue" bs...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront

Well, I guess I can understand.

I don't understand, lol...

Why the hell didn't they just shoot the bloody thing?

If its not a protected species, well...

Unless they had no firearms with them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We go camping often, but haven't seen "anything" yet. But I assure you, if we ever do spot one of these creatures, we're puttin' it down for the count, wasting no time with any of this "Hair & Tissue" bs...

because running around killing animals that could be nearly exctinct is obviusly the way forward i mean look at those tazmanian tigers arent they doing well

new topics

top topics

join