It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist consider link between El Nino and H1N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I claim no particular knowledge regarding this but the similarities are interesting to ponder. If nothing else, it is an example of history repeating itself, then, could be it was planned this way.

Research by Texas A&M University has raised speculation as to whether global warming has strengthened El Niño while simultaneously providing fodder for a connection between El Niño and the 1918 flu pandemic, which scientists now know was H1N1.

Giese told Science Daily that parallel conditions between 1918 and 2009 are cause for concern. In 1918, winter and spring were colder than normal in North America and the flu outbreak began in March. Just after that, the 1918 El Niño strengthened; as it increased, the flu outbreak evolved into a pandemic, he said.

In 2009, we have seen a moderate to strong El Niño and have been fending off widespread H1N1 flu around the world, he noted.

link

I wasn't able to find much else, just repeats of the above article.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I also think that seasonal epidemics like flu depend on weather/wind patterns more then anything. Suggestion that people in winter tend to stick together and this is the reason why flu is more active during cold seasons somehow is not satisfying me. So, could be.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You could be right. With El Nino the south has been cooler and wetter than usual and flu is widespread all across the southern US.

Many schools and school districts are closed in Texas. It will be over before the vaccine has a chance to get here and take effect.

new topics

join