It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls Out Fox - For Lying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Dan Rather has a lot of credibility as a journalist.

Here, let me fix that for you: Dan Rather had a lot of credibility as a journalist.

He managed to illustrate how ephemeral a reputation is by his document tripe. An agenda does not make a good reporter.

He has a reserved seat in hades right next to the Chappaquiddick Kid.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
More finger pointing and name calling from the White House. Perhaps they would like to provide a detailed Summary of Valerie Jarrett's connections and real estate holdings within the fantasy world of Chicagoland . She is Obama's #1 adviser and a key player and authority in all things crooked in Chicago. If the Olympics do land in Chicago, she will make a fortune.

I get the strong feeling that the Olympics in Chicago have already been bought and paid for. The Michelle and Barack Obama express to Denmark is just a formality. BTW. Why send two Jets to Denmark when one would have clearly sufficed.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The white house shouldn't be calling out anyone for lying! President Obama has lied enough recently.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Well, if Beck made a human error and said Vancouver when he was really trying to say Calgary, then the loss numbers are pretty much on spot.

Has any other administration spent so much time focused on debunking media criticism as this admin?

This.

Whats it matter what the media says as long as the White House produces good results for the country?

Oh wait...they are not, so they have to make people think they are - through the media. And when the media bashes them, they start to lose all strings.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
See, that's where you're wrong, Fritos.

Fox News gives nothing but criticism to Obama. Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly; they all commentate on how bad he is.

And, when Bush was in office, they spoke of how good Bush's administration was.

It's called partisan reporting.

Fox News will deny that they don't favor conservatives, but they do...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

It's good to have a conservative news channel to watch,all the rest are liberal!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah. And today, Glenn Beck was outlining that deal, the crookedness involved, and who in the White House and Chicago are sleeping with who.

This is the most corrupt bunch to ever hold the White House.

And that blanket doesn't even begin to cover the most stupid.

More from Malkin,

How do you spell wealth redistribution? Tax-increment financing
By Michelle Malkin • October 1, 2009 10:00 AM

michellemalkin.com...

When I worked in Seattle covering corporate welfare and city government, I became strange bedfellows with a diverse alliance of libertarians on the right and Ralph Naderites on the left who oppose “public-private partnership” deals between developers and statist Democrat AND Republican politicians.

These “public-private partnership” scams inevitably involve tax-increment financing gimmickry to siphon off tax dollars to subsidize developers/builders/contractors who then reward politicians with big campaign donations. (See here for how it works.)

The Chicago Olympics bid involves TIFs at a massive level.

And voters oppose it at their own risk — including threat of violence against them by their own representatives!

Remember the video from March 2009 of an unhinged Chicago alderman attacking a citizen who dared to challenge the wealth redistribution TIF scheme?

with video

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Well, if Beck made a human error and said Vancouver when he was really trying to say Calgary, then the loss numbers are pretty much on spot.

Has any other administration spent so much time focused on debunking media criticism as this admin?

Or he would be correct if he was saying they are already 1 billion over budget. Construction is $110 million over budget
www.canada.com...=d1689d3b-b3b8-493a-99fd-90bb19a8e9bd%26k=58528%26p=1

and security is a wopping $700 million over budget
www.tsn.ca...

edit to say it took 2 tries to get the link to work.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by exile1981]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by exile1981]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Kudos to the Whitehouse from Kurious.

While all of the MSM have an inherent bias or slant, NONE is as blatant and catering to the feeble masses of mental midgets as FAUX NEWS. I love their tag line....They report, you decide. Just remember THEY decide what to report.

And for all of the Beck apologists. Why are you always making excuses for the guy when he mixes faux fact with innuendo? He confused Vancouver and Calgary and during the 912 March he referred to "some" President of "some" university to tout the head count. Geez, talk about a low threshold for truth. It don't take much for the minions do it? [sic]

Oh and BTW, aside from the tremendous economic impact and job creation boost, hosting the Olympics in America would be a nice feather in Obama's cap of diplomacy. After all, Bush spent 4 days in China, as a spectator. Nice job smacking the female Volleyball player's backside. Classy.

LOL

And Stormdancer, please enough already with the Malkin rubbish.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The US has a two-party system (as much as many don't want to admit it). FOX News is all about Republican propaganda. If you like that sort of stuff, it doesn't seem like they're lying. I, personally, am a Democrat. It's not just because I was brought up that way, but because I strongly believe that generally, Democrats adhere to the truth more than Republicans. Today is Jimmy Carter's Birthday. Say what you will about his presidency, but consider this: when in '74 he announced his candidacy, he pledged to "never lie to the American people" and he did not.

FOX=6,15,24 using Simple(74) English(74) Gematria(74). One practice of sacred numerology has all numbers added until a single digit appears, i.e. 15=6, 24=6. Therefore, FOX = 666. Also Ronald (6 letters) Wilson(6) Reagan(6) was the "1st beast" of The Revelation and George(6) Walker(6) Bush Jr.(6) was the "2nd beast". And most Americans aren't going to like this, but when The Revelation speaks of "everyone buying and selling with the 'mark of the beast'", well, the US Dollar has been used as the world's currency for many years now. United(6) States(6) Dollar(6).

If you ever listen to TV & Internet Christian fundamentalists speak of the "666" and the "mark of the beast", they always point to Europe and some computer chip under the skin nonsense. But consider what I've just pointed out and GOD=7_4 7/4=July 4 and Matthew 7:4 (Jesus[74] speaking), "Why do you concern yourself with the speck that's in your neighbor's eye when there's a pole in your own eye? Hypocrite! First take the pole out of your eye, then concern yourself with the speck in your neighbor's eye." (Gospel[74] according[74] to St.---[74].)

MEMO to: Rupert Murdock and all those receiving a paycheck from him at FOX (and elsewhere). THERE IS A GOD AND YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

"To err is human, to repent divine, to persist devilish". - Ben Franklin

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

This job creation that you speak of is only temporary. Just like Obama's Summer Job program. The low level service jobs go away when the Olympics leave town. Furthermore, Chicago already has a low unemployment rate of 10% (.4 point drop in August) when compared to similar metro. areas in Chicago's region.

I had Friends that worked temp. jobs for the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. When the time was up they had to pack up or find other work. Fortunately, most just went on to work the Ski Resorts.

BTW. Nice Avatar. I didn't have you pegged for gray hair. Does Tom Jones know that you borrowed his pants.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well Beck just corrected himself on FOX just seconds ago, which I knew he meant Calgary in the first place. And, I think FOX is better than CNN by an Olympic size swimming pool and better than MSNBC by the length of a Curling game, but they all use brooms now don't they to sweep things aside so other things go further.

I can guarantee Beck reads ATS and this thread as well. Hey Glenn, forget about the Olympics, break your promise with the White House and talk about the Birth Certificate again man!

And hey, Glenn? I'd love to write your scripts and / or be on your research team. Let me know!

Let's get to the teeth of asking reasonable questions for unreasonable times, shall we Glenn?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

It's good to have a conservative news channel to watch,all the rest are liberal!

Your blind.....Wake up from the smoke screen of two political parties... The government is both right and left conservative and liberal..just for you entertainment so you will sit around bitching about which side is wrong...When the truth is they both are wrong! They both are to cause for this countries woes cause they have been the only one's in charge.. Wake up! Your smarter than this non-sense. The government controlls all media...MSN,FOX,CNN all of them and they all are the same designed to keep you from seeing the truth. come on brother be smarter than these people who insist on voting for these two train wrecks..

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
See, that's where you're wrong, Fritos.

Fox News gives nothing but criticism to Obama. Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly; they all commentate on how bad he is.

And, when Bush was in office, they spoke of how good Bush's administration was.

It's called partisan reporting.

Fox News will deny that they don't favor conservatives, but they do...

Hannity is pretty partisan. I've seen O'Reilly compliment obama, most recently as a role model for the youth in this country in an article for Parade magazine. So, you are really not being quite fair.

Another way you are not being fair at all is that your criticism only travels in one direction. Fox News is ALL BAD, but no other MSM outlet feels your wrath. It seems from reading your posts that the obama administration is ALL GOOD and does EVERYTHING RIGHT. But unless you're still on the OBAMA=MESSIAH trip, you have to admit that no one is THAT PERFECT.

Posting things that one-sided can earn one the labels of SHILL and SYCOPHANT if they are not careful.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I do not think that the problem is that Fox lied. The problem is with the fact that people believe in people like Glenn Beck and he just makes things up. I cannot imagine how you accidentally get a number from something that has yet to even happen so it was a blatant lie and a truly stupid lie since it would be so easy to debunk. That is sad. People need better liars to listen to.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

See, Obama supporters on here, and I'm one of them, don't see Obama as a messiah.

But, it's like hypocrisy on here.

Why are all of the threads with bad news on Obama flagged and starred like crazy, while if we have news of him doing good, not a single star or flag, and sometimes, no one replies.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

See, Obama supporters on here, and I'm one of them, don't see Obama as a messiah.

Why are all of the threads with bad news on Obama flagged and starred like crazy, while if we have news of him doing good, not a single star or flag, and sometimes, no one replies.

Perhaps because people are starting to see through the B/S?

I was a Democrat for 20+ years. Not anymore. The corruption that pervades that party is like the finely nuanced stench from a skunk in heat.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Because he is supposed to do a good job. Does your boss praise you everytime you do what you are supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Because he is supposed to do a good job. Does your boss praise you everytime you do what you are supposed to do?

No, but he also doesn't criticize me every time I mess up either.

And don't say that Obama is not supposed to mess up.

You name me a president that has never messed up. Hell, name me a politician.

I don't say that you shouldn't criticize him, but it can't be one-sided.

If we have good news of him doing good deeds, he should be praised on it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

If you mess up it doesn't affect the whole company now does it?

Obama messes up it affects the whole country, so yes people are going to jump on his mistakes. One of the reasons he has so many people around him is to help him not to make a mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join