It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls Out Fox - For Lying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

That is a very good question.
And in my eyes, exactly what is inherently wrong with him even doing such a thing.

It is a conflict of interest.

But this isn't anything new to the WhiteHouse.
Cheney recently walked this path and he wasn't the first.

It is what the scumbags do.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh, this is rich! The Liar-in-Chief and one of the most corrupt administrations to ever sit in the White House, calling Fox, or anybody else for that matter, a liar.

And, let's not forget, it was Valerie Jarrett that brought her good friend, the Communist Van Jones to the White House.

Seems as if each administration is more corrupt than the one before. It's so far past disgusting I don't even have words for it! At least words I can use on a public forum!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I didn't think that I needed to do more other then to laugh to point out that Fox is just as goofy as everything else.

They're not telling the truth.

They're apart of the MSM. Just because they're outspoken against Obama and a lot of people are as well on here, doesn't mean they're now to be liked.

You can't say that CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. are all lying, yet Fox is telling the truth.

It's total baloney.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You forgot Oprah...yeah Oprah tagged along too. Just a bunch of popstars on tour having a good time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

As the saying goes, the problem with telling lies is that you have to tell lies upon lies to cover up the previous lies... or something like that.

The smart criminal will be drawn to such a system. Afterall, lies are their livelihood.

In otherwords, yeah, at this point all you see are criminals who are being more and more bold in their approach...

Escalating DOWNWARD into chaos.

Edit to add - Fascism is the dying throws of capitalism.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
*shrug*
This amuses me. When all the other stations were slamming Bush (and I threw up my hands in dismay and switched to Fox) they *gasp* lied about Bush many times!
Let me share a little secret with all of you. Come close. I have to whisper it.
Not one news channel, national or local, and not one radio or newspaper states the indisputable truth.
Everyone ends up lying sometimes because the people who report the news have their own agenda. Now, reporting about a car chase and keeping it fair... Simple!
Reporting about a controversial President? (Bush or Obama) Nigh to impossible!
Fox News is there because all the other National News Stations are liberal as can possibly be and I, like many other Americans, will continue to watch it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh, come on...

Saying every news channel is liberal and that Fox is conservative is a clear joke...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Yeah, the condescending remarks sorta suck also.

If people choose to watch the media of a man who admits to using brainwashing techniques in his programming, so be it.
I would expect condescending tones from such a person, actually.

Also, I would expect erroneous data.
Afterall, the FOX network appealed to the US Supreme Court to avoid being sued for knowingly presenting false information (ladies and gentlemen, this is propaganda... against you. kinda' like the ww1 fliers plastered everywhere showing the Squint-Eyed Chinaman with fire in the background) and were granted "ENTERTAINMENT" status...

That being said, I still agree with some of what they have to say.

I also agree with Seth Myers on Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update segment... And this guy is a comedian.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hm. I thought the thread was about FOX new's GLENN BECK lying.

????????????

Hurray for the White House calling the pathetic little lying twit on the carpet.

If the shoe fits.............

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I can list at least a dozen house lies in the past month....
should they be accountable too?

Everyone should be accountable for lying. When did it become OK to lie? Oh, the other guy lies, so it's ok for you to do it?

Just saying I'm sick and tired of the excuse "well the other guy does it".

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
/sigh

You people are so predictable (not all of you, but the bulk).

My favorite comments are the ones contrasting Fox news with the MSM (as if they're not a part of it
).

Face it, if you get your news from the boob-tube (based on the comments here a lot of you probably do), you are being lied to on a daily basis. If you believe what you hear on the TV news, then you are misinformed. If you believe that the station you watch is somehow "different" or "more honest" because they tow your particular party line, then you are willfully ignorant.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. Pack of liars.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

It is amazing, isn't it?

People toe the line in all ways.
I mean, I would like to think that people were onto the gig with the MSM.

At least this much is evidenced to be in decline through ratings across the country (america).

But apprently we "thinkers" on ATS can't see enough of the BS to just switch it off entirely.

Or if you must watch it, DON'T DEFEND THEM. They are all liars.
This much is KNOWN...WITHOUT A DOUBT.

I guess we would need to tackle this BS before we could even begin to attack the Repulican vs. Democrat issue. (issue being that there is actually no issue. they ARE two sides of the same coin)...

I think that if more people could see the humor in your avatar, and understand it, it would help.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hmm, and we all sit here and jabber on like a bunch of turkeys.

Bravo White House, and bravo Fox news.

I don't see how people can have witnessed the 'news' over the last 8 years and then over the last 1 and not realize that everyone is just playing a part.

We might as well be in 1993 with a few more networks and a few new faces.

And if the Republicans pull of another tsunami, then be prepared for everyone to switch seats again. Bah, this thread is just depressing.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Obama lies every time he opens his mouth.

CNN and MSNBC lie on a daily basis to butter up Obama and his nation of Acorn activist.

Fox did this nation a great service in taking the busting of Acorn to the top and showing everyone what scum they are. The fact that CNN and MSNBC wanted to cover for people who wanted to aid a child prostitution ring is sickening.

It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the president is in on the Chicago deal. Tampa, FL should get the Olympics. Chi-town is so dreary that it probably wont even look like summer half the time.

When Barack Obama arrives in Copenhagen on Friday, he might be forgiven if he mistakes the International Olympic Committee (IOC) meeting for just another social call in his old Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. A number of the President's closest friends, biggest fundraisers and longtime political supporters will be making the trip as well.

Even before he committed to become the first U.S. President to attend such an event, the Chicago Olympic effort was already being substantially orchestrated by the group of people who are most responsible for supporting Obama's rise to the White House. And while the White House denies that the substantial overlap between Obama's personal and political network and the Chicago 2016 organizing committee played any role in his abrupt decision to reverse himself and attend the Olympic meeting in Denmark, the potential conflicts of interest have raised eyebrows. (See TIME's photo-essay "A Long History of Olympic Politics.")
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Oh, come on...

Saying every news channel is liberal and that Fox is conservative is a clear joke...

Its a pretty indisputable fact at this point./ Are you SERIOUSLY denying that all those networks do their best to attack Obama's critics? Why is it tat Democrats control government, yet every night on these networks is about attacking "the right" and Republicans? Why is it that everyday there are examples of the MSM ignoring stories that might hurt Obama? Why were they all attacking the tea parties with the same rhetoric?

The fact is, their all of the same, left wing ideology. For you to sit here and declare Fox is biased, but the rest are A-OK shows that you yourself are incapable of admitting your own biases.

By the way, almost every excuse given by the white house is bunk! Did any of you actually see their responses? They claim people that Beck says are working with Obama aren't, but only after THEY FIRED THEM.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So one bunch of lying liars calls out another bunch of lying liars... big deal.

Fox is almost as brazen in their disregard for the truth as the Obama administration itself... maybe it's a jealousy thing?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by fraterormus
Can you say Killian Documents boys and girls? I knew you could!

Fair enough, but wasn't it revealed along the way that those actually were FORGED documents?

Forgery ranks a bit higher in my book than media talking head opinions

It was claimed by the Bush Administration that those documents were forged, but the journalists who broke the news on them, including Dan Rather, still to this day insist they were the real-deal and that the White House pressured CBS News so hard that they caved in and acquiesced they were false even though they were not.

Dan Rather has a lot of credibility as a journalist. If he and his team stand by them, even losing their jobs because of them, then I'd say it's pretty likely they were not forged.

That would put it in the same ball-park as this.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

A lot more than the white house said they were forged. As far as I know everyone but rather agreed. This is the type of revisionist history thats getting tiresome to correct. Its easily researched on google.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
To have the White House come out and call anyone out for lying is ludicrous and hilarious. Any one going to call them out on their Iranian non-sense these last few days? Also, yes Glenn Beck is a total tool but we do have freedom of press. Which means they have the freedom to lie. I'm not condoning it but don't act surprised or like anyone got pwned in this process. This is more false left/right paradigm skull dugger-y that I think is just sort of chasing your own tail.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
But we do have freedom of press. Which means they have the freedom to lie.

No, they really don't. I am not to familiar with american law on the matter, but where i am from you can force a newspaper to print a correction if they report something demonstrably false about you.

I am also amazed at the idea that Fox is not mainstream, and that so many people who obviously should watch it, have not watched "outfoxed" (they should be able to find it on google video)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join