It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antibiotics mutating swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Antibiotics mutating swine flu

online.sfsu.edu

www.youtube.com...

The way that scientists mutate organisms is by using antibiotics to lower the species barrier this increases gene transfer (mutation) by up to 10000 times. Our hospitals need to be informed as they are treating swine flu sufferers with antibiotics possibly mutating this disease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uncensored.co.nz
www.organicconsumers.org

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The worse case scenario from creating Genetically Modified Organisms is a mutating pandemic. I’ve been yelling about this for nine years now. Government and WHO scientists are preparing for the increased risks without acknowledging the cause. This is really ineffective.

Horizontal gene transfer is a mutation,
A mutation is a horizontal gene transfer.

The first recorded mutation happened when 35000 people had caught the swine flu; the second was when 70000 people had caught it. Our health system needs to concentrate on slowing down the mutations. We need them to test their vaccines for mutation risk.
If this is not concerning enough my next question is do GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) increase bacteria’s attempts at gene transfer? My research shows it likely and that you should only eat GMO’s that have been boiled. An electron spectrometer would give us the answer to this question.

The only other mutation increasers that I have heard of are heat shock and heavy metals, so sufferers keep yourselves warm. If you are working on GM crops or with GM animals and are sick please do not go anywhere near work until after the flu has gone.

online.sfsu.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder if the guys who made this thing at the lab knew that Antibiotics would mutate it? Probably not....

Alright, so, we as a nation use antibiotics for virtually everything, and the medical industry will prescribe them at the drop of a dime.

Coincidence? Probly not.

It's a smart way of doing business I say. Create a virus that's not very dangerous but has the potential to be, then give it a weakness which will allow it to mutate 1000 times faster.

And the weakness turns out to be what most doctors and nurses will prescribe to their patients for the specific virus.

How interesting.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

But...Antibiotics are for bacterial infections...not viral, we have anti virals for viruses...so what is going on here?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Many people are taking antibiotics in their homes for a variety of complaints, who have now caught swine flu. They are up to 10000 times more likely to mutate this disease. Bacteria which are the mutation agents will be affected by the antibiotics, some dying and some mutating. Heat shock is another way of inducing mutation, these amounts to antibiotic shock.
No antibiotic has been banned from human use; our medical practitioners have not been warned.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How exactly antibiotics would influence a VIRUS???? It can cause mutations in bacteria, sure. Due to all kinds of things. But bacteria is totally different life form family then viruses, who are even not considered life form by majority of scientist. The whole concept is wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I've known some people's complication from H1N1 to be strep throat. They had to have antibiotic for the complication.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the video, the Aussie in question is actually talking about different strains of H1N1 becoming Tamiflu resistant so I don't think the "antibiotics" snippet is related - that being said, I'm not that familiar with Tamiflu (never had a flu shot), but wouldn't H1N1 be somewhat resistant to it anyway since it's specifically designed to attack the unique genetic compositions of other strains, not H1N1?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
How exactly antibiotics would influence a VIRUS???? It can cause mutations in bacteria, sure. Due to all kinds of things. But bacteria is totally different life form family then viruses, who are even not considered life form by majority of scientist. The whole concept is wrong.

Bacteria in nature insert genes into other organisms (mutate) to produce proteins on which they feed. The testing that has been completed has shown that over time bacteria have changed more than 12% of the dna of the species checked.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

Well, we have several kgs of bacteria in our gut. So far no X-men running around. As for viruses - virus does not produce anything. It cannot produce "protein on which bacteria feeds", even if there (unknown to me though, but could be. zeroknowledge and such) are cases of bacteria insering genes into other CELLS. And virus is not a cell. Also, bacteria has DNA based genes. And flu virus has RNA. There. This alone should stop the "bacteria can mutate flu" thingy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
In the video, the Aussie in question is actually talking about different strains of H1N1 becoming Tamiflu resistant so I don't think the "antibiotics" snippet is related - that being said, I'm not that familiar with Tamiflu (never had a flu shot), but wouldn't H1N1 be somewhat resistant to it anyway since it's specifically designed to attack the unique genetic compositions of other strains, not H1N1?

The differant strains are mutations, I'm saying we are getting an increase of these mutations from antibiotic use and eating GMO's. The mutations are being reckognised because they have become Tamiflu resistant. Our vaccines will not cover some of these mutations. The live virus vaccines also have the same risk of mutation currently at every 35000 people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, we have several kgs of bacteria in our gut. So far no X-men running around. As for viruses - virus does not produce anything. It cannot produce "protein on which bacteria feeds", even if there (unknown to me though, but could be. zeroknowledge and such) are cases of bacteria insering genes into other CELLS. And virus is not a cell. Also, bacteria has DNA based genes. And flu virus has RNA. There. This alone should stop the "bacteria can mutate flu" thingy.

The pandemic swine flu is a x-men this is a new thingy, the two new types of swine flu found in Holland is a new thingy, the virus is changing new genes are being incorporated into it's dna. Antibiotics lowers the species barrier making this process up to 10000 times more likely. I do not see that bacteria can't be the carrier of that new gene but if it isn't, something else is.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bacteria and Virus can intercept. There are in fact viruses that will infect bacteria. This is irellevant to the concept, though. Antibiotics will have ZERO effect on a flu. What they can affect, however, are the opportunistic bacterial infections (such as Strep Throat) that move in when the immune system is weakened by the flu.

This virus is mutating on it's own accord.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Antibiotics are FAR overused. They destroy bacteria that is beneficial to your body. It's a problem, many people don't want to do an ounce of prevention but they want a pound of cure. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - the single best way to lessen flu or disease is to keep up an optimal immune system. Then your body has the tools it needs to fight off pathogens or at least lessen their severity.

The Standard American Diet, junk food, processed foods full of MSG, GMO food, diet drinks, high fructose corn syrup all adds up to a suboptimal immune system. It's common sense but it's not "convenient" for a lot of people to invest in a healthy diet plan. Say you bought a rare expensive car, would you fill it up with the cheapest fuel you can find?

Eat a lot of green or colorful vegetables, preferably locally grown or organic. Take optimum levels of Vitamin D3 (4000 to 8000 IUs daily). Eliminate white flour and sugar from your diet as much as possible, they inactivate the cells that fight pathogens. Take a strong antioxidant supplement like olive leaf extract. Eat healthy, exercise, do away with drinks (soda/diet soda) that mess with your health, treat your body like you would an expensive and irreplaceable car. It took me a while to do this and now I haven't been sick in years.

There's a lot of good info out there:

On vitamin D: www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Natural alternatives, antibiotic and antiviral:
www.home-remedies-that-work.com...

I work in the medical field, and I avoid medicine at all costs.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
[Bacteria and Virus can intercept. There are in fact viruses that will infect bacteria. This is irellevant to the concept, though. Antibiotics will have ZERO effect on a flu. What they can affect, however, are the opportunistic bacterial infections (such as Strep Throat) that move in when the immune system is weakened by the flu.

This virus is mutating on it's own accord.

Also published in Uncensored Sept 2008
The following is a selection of mutated viruses from the last 5 years that have killed an average 25% of those infected. Notably the Nipah virus currently in Bangladesh is killing 75% of sufferers; the mutation is passed from human to human.
New viral infections transmitted between animals and human, include from pigs, goats, sheep, bats, chickens and of course rodents. The deadly chikungunya virus has travelled to India and Italy from Africa, 75% of some villages have contracted the disease.
A new cold virus killed 10 people in the United States last year. A major outbreak of febrile syndrome has mutated in Cyprus. There is an ongoing outbreak in China of an intestinal virus called enterovirus 71, or EV71. This virus causes a variant of hand, foot, and mouth disease. At least 25,000 children in China are suffering from this, and it is past from human to human.
A new flavivirus closely related to the tick-borne Kyasanur forest disease virus was isolated, in Saudi Arabia. West Nile virus has mutated and arrived in North America for the first time. This has infected 10s of thousands and killed hundreds. Bird flu, Sars and these others, are examples of viral mutations directly killing humans.
Many more mutations are infecting animals and plants alone. In New York State an epidemic has killed hundreds of thousands of 17 different species of fish. This has arrived in the Great Lakes.
Scientists are saying that the number of new viruses is unprecedented.

new topics

top topics

join