It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd stuff with cable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OK throughout the day I have counted 27 test broadcasts of the warning system on cable, the kind where it makes that loud beeping. All within the last 6 hours or so.

I don't know what to think, as its never happened before, and I watch TV all the time. I watch TV for my job as a graphic designer.

I don't know if any body has been experiencing similar things. Maybe they are testing the system out before an emergency or what.
I just thought I would see if this is just for my state.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything here...give us a rough idea of where you're at...ROUGH.

I haven't heard a test HERE all day....or for quite a long time....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have been noticing more and more of these but not just on the tv, I have satellite radio and they have been doing it on there also more frequently.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's a complete overhaul the Emergency Broadcast System. It's only being done in a few areas to begin with, but there'll be a lot of reports about it soon. Unfortunately with such a massive undertaking there are going to be a large number of errors and mechanical/technical failures to be sorted out. Thsi would cause a lot of repeat in the signal broadcast until the errors are ironed out. Some areas have probably already been through this. The system should take about 3-5 years to completely implement.

From 2007

Going through MERLN to find the specific legislation that started this. (that's where I found the original docs....) Could take awhile.

Just think of it this way. With the addition of the Silver and Amber alert systems, as well as the increasing usage, it was only a matter of time before the system got overhauled. I'm glad they are doing it gradually, though. This way the whole EAS doesn't go down at once

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Cox communications in Arizona.

That's what I thought at first, the overhaul.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nothing on the TV, but here in Tulsa our storm alarms go off pretty much every Wednesday at noon unless its overcast. Maybe all the stations you noticed it on are part fo the same company that was doing a test today?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Nope. Not having lots of those interrupting and irritating EBS tests. Come to think of it, I haven't heard any in a long, long time. And I watch TV alot. And it has nothing to do with my job.
I just like to watch old timey shows and movies. Without Turner Classic Movies and the Western Channel, I would probably get much more done, but, what the heck.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I live in FL and they did this yesterday here. I am home during the days a lot and they have always done this here once a month and they do it more than once throughout the day. I didnt really think anything of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I live in Michigan and there has been an increase on my television also. It gets really annoying also because I sleep with the television on and when im sleeping it wakes me up at least once a night for the past 3 weeks. Im not sure whats behind it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I live in West Virginia and i have been concerned about this for months now, i have noticed it more and more every day, i hear it aleast once a day now, if not more. i was wondering why they are doing it so much, i hope someone can figuer it out.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cox Baton rouge, nothing out the normal here.Maybe once twice a month.I dont watch much tv though ,it could be more

new topics

top topics

join