It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay Out of Tennessee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Something is going on in Tennesee. I don't know what it is, but it's something. These are all from the last couple of days.

www.whnt.com...

Update: Person In Custody In Connection With Madison County Murder Nashville officer among those accused in conspiracy to buy guns for Guatemalan drug cartels

www.tennessean.com...

A Murfreesboro Police officer faces 10 days suspension and one year of disciplinary probation after a lengthy investigation by MPD internal affairs into an arrest made by him in November 2008.

www.wreg.com...

AST FACTS:
Officer Jevon Adkins arrested Sunday
Deputies say he sprayed a house with bullets
Turns out, it was the wrong house

(Bolivar, TN 9/28/2009) An off-duty police officer with a rural Mississippi town opens fire on a home in Hardeman County early Sunday morning.

www.jacksonsun.com...

Deputy faces assault charge

blogs.usatoday.com... -someone-claiming-to.html

Woman claiming to be immigration agent abducts infant in Nashville

www.google.com...

American arrested in Japan for snatching own kids

www.wyff4.com...

Pregnant Girl, 12, Sister Found In Tennessee Missing Sister Found Wednesday By Tennessee Highway Patrol

Does this seem really weird to anyone else? Strange coincidence?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Strange thing is that its being reported. I believe you could come up with similar stuff in most states. Drug cartels and crooked cops are ever where.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Strange thing is that its being reported. I believe you could come up with similar stuff in most states. Drug cartels and crooked cops are ever where.

I had that thought exactly, before I posted this, but....Three of the Major stories on domestic news today are out of Tennessee...nothing from AZ, AK, TX...I guess this is just TN's day, huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah, it really is odd but then so are the folks in Tennessee. No offense meant but my wife's side of the family is from there. Met quite the variety of folks there ranging from very nice to just deranged. I can't stay out of Tenn. though....I love the Smokies too much. though I can't do my annual climb of the chimneys it's still one of those special places that stirs my soul, don't know any other way to put it. This rant brought to you courtesy of the east tennessee tourism bureau. Oh, the first "free speech zone" I ever encountered was at the visitors center just outside of Gatlinburg. Boy, that gave me pause to think. Thankyeee!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Yeah, it really is odd but then so are the folks in Tennessee.

Hey! I resemble that remark. lol Unfortunately we here in Tennessee do have to tolerate some LEO's that are less than honorable. Most do a good job, but using our local dept as an example, we have LEO's whose conduct ranges from demanding of certain "favors" from females pulled over in a traffic stop, to officers spending their entire shift sitting at a friends home while reporting to dispatch they are somewhere else, to family members of LEO's being shown leniency when they get into trouble. What really stinks is the men and women who would do a great job and really could make a difference will never be hired by TPTB.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As one who has lived in Tennessee for about 15 out of 23 years and currently lives in Tennessee, I will say there is no problems here. Just coincidences, no need to blow it out of proportion. I PROMISE you it is QUITE safe here.

Oh and the crack about "people are strange in Tennessee"....LOL, yea people can be strange anywhere.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Having lived in Memphis for almost 4 years I can tell you there are a LOT of crazy people there. Much more so than other places. I have never lived in a place with so many fanatical, racist, hateful people. I did run into a few sane people but they were few and far between. I am really happy to be out of there.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllInMyHead
reply to post by jkrog08

Having lived in Memphis for almost 4 years I can tell you there are a LOT of crazy people there. Much more so than other places. I have never lived in a place with so many fanatical, racist, hateful people. I did run into a few sane people but they were few and far between. I am really happy to be out of there.

That is because Memphis is a cesspool.

Enjoy a relaxing stay in Knoxville.. it is a little more diverse in my opinion.. I think it has a lot to do with being a major college town.

Plus, if there is ever nuclear war... you die quickly since Oak Ridge is close... "look at that bright ligh...."

-edit- Of course we did just have our first official H1N1 death last week.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Dont Drink The Water... ~! it contains prescription drugs ...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Being a resident of Tennessee for 24 years I can completely say that the majority of law enforcement is corrupt, especially around Chattanooga.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
WOW, I didn't know there were so many Tennesseans here. Kinda makes me feel like I'm being watched.

And I scored low on the paranoia test

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Something is going on in Tennesee. I don't know what it is, but it's something. These are all from the last couple of days.

www.whnt.com...

Update: Person In Custody In Connection With Madison County Murder Nashville officer among those accused in conspiracy to buy guns for Guatemalan drug cartels

www.tennessean.com...

A Murfreesboro Police officer faces 10 days suspension and one year of disciplinary probation after a lengthy investigation by MPD internal affairs into an arrest made by him in November 2008.

www.wreg.com...

AST FACTS:
Officer Jevon Adkins arrested Sunday
Deputies say he sprayed a house with bullets
Turns out, it was the wrong house

(Bolivar, TN 9/28/2009) An off-duty police officer with a rural Mississippi town opens fire on a home in Hardeman County early Sunday morning.

www.jacksonsun.com...

Deputy faces assault charge

blogs.usatoday.com... -someone-claiming-to.html

Woman claiming to be immigration agent abducts infant in Nashville

www.google.com...

American arrested in Japan for snatching own kids

www.wyff4.com...

Pregnant Girl, 12, Sister Found In Tennessee Missing Sister Found Wednesday By Tennessee Highway Patrol

Does this seem really weird to anyone else? Strange coincidence?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30 Sep 09 by Gools]

Heck, all that sounds like a typical DAY in California.

Alot of crazy stuff going on though.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

And Chattanooga is a major crack hub.

top topics

join