It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47% will pay no federal income tax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by centurion1211
This thread is truly about everyone contributing if anyone has to contribute and exploring ways that could be done like the flat tax proposal.

If it was, then I would have thought that would have been mentioned in your opening post.

We have real live posters who have said that they make 50K or less and that they pay federal income tax. It's real clear to me.

redhatty makes a good point, too. This article is twisted, It doesn't make sense. But if it's what you want to believe, have at it.

Then read the OP again. That's where I wrote about flat tax and getting people to pay their fair share.

Old quote: None are so blind as those who will not see.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

you realize that even a flat tax cannot be applied on people with NO INCOME, right???

personally, I think the Fair Tax is the best option. It will even collect from people who have unclaimed income, as soon as they spend it

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

you realize that even a flat tax cannot be applied on people with NO INCOME, right???

personally, I think the Fair Tax is the best option. It will even collect from people who have unclaimed income, as soon as they spend it

You mean like a value added tax, or a national sales tax?

I could live with that if the current tax structure was abolished at the same time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Oh yes, absolutely, it would have to be a replacement of the current tax structure, not in addition to!!!

And yes the Fair Tax is "like a National Sales Tax"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

federal income tax is illegal, watch documentary 'Freedom to Fascism'

somewhere on google videos

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Am I misunderstanding the discussion? The federal income tax rates for 2009 can be found here among other places. Most people with any income pay federal income tax. Not all that many will owe additional tax when they file due to the IRS withholding on every paycheck. You don't need to make anywhere near 50k before the bite starts. Anyone who doesn't owe likely already paid it all along.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My wife and I combined last year made around 75K, we got a whopping 1200 dollar refund check for federal taxes. Myself alone they collected nearly 6K dollars in federal income tax.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow

My wife and I combined last year made around 75K, we got a whopping 1200 dollar refund check for federal taxes. Myself alone they collected nearly 6K dollars in federal income tax.

I make under 50k and i paid federal income tax all year long, and got only a little bit of it back. Should i be expecting 10k back in the form of a refund check this year? i think not!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My life is my business. Incorporate with a LLC and write most everything off as a business expense. It's not hard and only cost $300usd.
It's the little guys shelter.

www.nolo.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If the government actually spent money in ways to help it's people instead of better ways to kill each other, think of the way the world could be!

Right now it's completely backwards.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join