It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a Lot of Backpacks? A Scale? Yup, You Must be a Terrorist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Man On 24-Hr Surveillance in Terror Case Denies Terrorist Connections
Naiz Khan Says Backpacks, Scale Found in His Apartment Not For Attack

abcnews.go.com...

A Manhattan coffee cart operator currently under 24-hour surveillance by federal agents told ABC News he is not affiliated with al Qaeda and that about one dozen black backpacks and a small scale found in his apartment, identified as suspicious in court documents, are purely coincidental. Facts in the case that have led officials to keep him under constant watch, he said, have been misconstrued.

First, there's the fact that Khan let Najibullah Zazi, the 24-year-old at the center of an alleged bomb terror plot, stay at his Queens, NY apartment Sept. 10. He was also in Pakistan at the same time as Zazi last year. And when FBI agents raided his apartment two weeks ago, they say they found the backpacks that might be used to carry bombs and the scale that could be used to measure ingredients for a bomb.

"It was just by chance that [Zazi] came to our house" that night, Khan told ABC News.

Related
Accused al Qaeda Bomb Maker Held Without BailWATCH: Al Qaeda AlertTerror Suspect's Ties to Canada Investigated
Khan, who came to the U.S. in 1999 as a high school student, said he and his five roommates have no idea where the scale came from and had not seen it before.

The backpacks, Khan said, belong to his uncle, Faiz Mohammed, who said he got them for free from an acquaintance who acquired them through a wholesale business and that he planned to bring them to family members in Pakistan.

It's so difficult to discern any more what is spin and what's not. This guy had a DOZEN backpacks? And a SCALE that none of the five people living there knew the origins of? It sure SOUNDS suspicious.

I thought it was pretty funny that it take FOUR TEAMS of undercover agents to follow this guy....and if they can tell you are an 'undercover' agent, are you really undercover?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sounds like how they seize peoples property because they find a large amount of cash and some ziploc baggies.

Reminds me of the Florida statue that list's duct tape and 2 liter soda bottles as 'drug paraphernalia'.

Grasping for straws.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm in big trouble then!

I have a pack for every hobby...floating, hunting, fishing, camping, and of course 3 BOB's
They are all in the same room as my reloading equipment...ie..precision digital .000x scales and they ole fashion triple beams and many volume meters "measuring cups"
This is the room I plan to be in the day they knock on my door to gimme a shot....I wil be lighting a ciggie and welcoming them in

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I'm in big trouble then!

I have a pack for every hobby...floating, hunting, fishing, camping, and of course 3 BOB's
They are all in the same room as my reloading equipment...ie..precision digital .000x scales and they ole fashion triple beams and many volume meters "measuring cups"
This is the room I plan to be in the day they knock on my door to gimme a shot....I wil be lighting a ciggie and welcoming them in

[sarcasm] Wow! You could be a coke dealer, domestic terrorist, lone nut job.

Your definitely off your rocker unless you have a cabinet full of frito -lays products and your tivo set to dancing with the stars. [/sarcasm]

I could see BOBs relabeled as Domestic Terrorist Bags.

Coming soon to a city near you!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
what i want to know if all they have on him is a handful of backpacks and one scale, how the hell did they get a warrant to search his place?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I believe it was phone records that got him...
I know he warned a guy in CA about the feds being onto them..

The only powder they will find in my possesion is black/gray...lucent

new topics

top topics

join