It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Fable Describes Current World Situation - The Magician's Duck Pond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Rumormillnews just published a fable written by one of their readers. I just love fairy tales. This one is about a magician who tricks a flock of ducks into thinking they are lily pads so that he can eat them for dinner. I think it describes our current world situation very well.

The Magician's Duck Pond

The magician could see that his trick had limitations, even on ducks that were not very smart. But the magician was very curious and so he did not simply kill the duck to make it his dinner, instead he began to manipulate the surface of the pond. As he did so, the duck became agitated but continued to hold still. The magician continued to manipulate the pond water so that it tossed the duck this way and that. Sometimes the duck would lose its balance and be splashed unpleasantly. The duck became extremely disturbed and cried out.

"Please, dear sir, something is making the pond very turbulent! This is not very tranquil! Can you help me?"

It is copyrighted so I can't post it here in its entirety. Fairy tales in the past, were used as ways to hide secret knowledge and pass it on. We still use parables to describe concepts of morality and common sense. Many of our cliches come from such stories. Example: the phrase "goody two shoes" and "slow and steady wins the race."

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
cute little story, read it and liked it.

could be applied to so many things. great

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Rayelan is reading it on her radio show right now, and is hosting a contest for people who interpret how the story relates to real life.

join