It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens dead after Quake rattles Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

At least 75 people are dead and thousands are trapped under rubble after a strong earthquake shook western Indonesia, officials say.

It comes hours after a tsunami from a separate quake killed more than 100 people in the South Pacific.

Link

[edit on 9/30/2009 by muse7]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is all starting to sound like earthquake week.

Wish these folks the best and hope that everybody who are in earthquake prone areas are well prepared for such an event.

How long before a big one rocks the US?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Something odds going on I think, these last couple of nights i've felts very small tremours whilst lying in bed, hardly noticable really, but other friends have noticed them too. It's not some large vehicle going past or anything like that, plus i'm not in an earthquake zone, i dont think. I live in the north west of england on the coast, not for from the scottish border (about 30-40 miles). Surely there is no way i could have felt these big earthquakes so far away right?

[edit on 30/9/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That is awful. I can't help but wonder when the big one in my area rattles us out of house and home. It isn't a bad idea to have a survival kit in quick easy reach if something does happen like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Today there was the 7.6 in indonesia and a 6.3 in peru. Interesting things happening.

I also read that up to 3000 people are feared trapped under buildings in sumatra.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Only thing i can find is 30 Sep 2009 13:04 PM GOOLE,E YORKSHIRE 2.9 13.1 FELT E YORKSHIRE

Im wondering if you could have felt the vibrations?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for taking the time to look, i dunno how far earthquakes travel, that was at least a couple of hundred miles from me. I've submitted a report to the USGS, maybe they might get back to me.

On topic now though, it would appear that the death toll stands at 75 according to the bbc, with it expected to rise. I'm wondering if the earlier quake in the South Pacific played a part in this, like a chain reaction, maybe we might see another big quake over the next 48 hours.

top topics

join