It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get involved with SETI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
and we are not going to get a answer even if they find something else.

Back this up. Prove it.

You are not debating. All you are doing is speculating then declaring it as proof.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Eee, I love a good debate. When's it gonna start?

WG3

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hmm the only proof about they hiding stuff is some people and members saying so,no point in doing a debate for that.
as for ufos,how many of them are neither alienmade or humanmade,u suggest that 80% of the ufos are natural ligthining effects or falling sattelittes?
and were not talking about tribes,were talking about modern day human seeing ufo formation,did u forget the sightings in london and turkey last year? lots of ufos...flying in formation.
as for the debate..ill just speak to the mods...the topic will be "is seti worth the money and cpu cycles they get?" right?
allright let the best man win,even if u overcome me with facts,i must make a stand for all the nice trusting people out there
good luck

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
allright i sended a note to the mods,if u get bored,or dont want to debate say anytime to cancel,couse i dont even recall u agreeing on a debate...im kinda dizzy tonight..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Eee, I love a good debate. When's it gonna start?

WG3

HA! I was wondering the same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
right then we will just have to wait for the mods to respond and set up the debate,it will be good,alot of people havent had a good debate to look to for so long.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

hmm the only proof about they hiding stuff is some people and members saying so,no point in doing a debate for that.

In other words, you have no proof, you have no evidence. The only thing you have is speculation. Speculation is not proof

as for ufos,how many of them are neither alienmade or humanmade,u suggest that 80% of the ufos are natural ligthining effects or falling sattelittes?

Among other things. However, I put no percentage on it; that is your guess, not mine. But I would say the vast majority of UFO sightings are mis-identified natural phenomenon or known man-made objects.

and were not talking about tribes,were talking about modern day human seeing ufo formation

Do you know what a comparison is? And you seem to have forgotten what you were talking about. You were not talking about people in the advanced nations seeing UFOs, you were talking about humans copying UFO technology on sight alone. I think this is absurd. We could no more copy the technology of an extraterrestrial civilization then the tribes of the Amazon copy our technology on sight alone.

as for the debate..ill just speak to the mods...the topic will be "is seti worth the money and cpu cycles they get?"

Who is "they"? SETI is not one giant project across the planet, but a group of independent projects united by a common goal.

I think this may be a pointless endeavor.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

right then we will just have to wait for the mods to respond and set up the debate,it will be good,alot of people havent had a good debate to look to for so long.

And they're not going to find one here...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I used to do SETI in the distant past. Isupport it thou it is a relatively small change that aliens are using radio waves that are powerfull enough to reach earth. After all, out radiowaves don't reach the next solar system I higly doubt other higher civilisation are going to boost the power of a radiowave signal that high that we can receive it here, there are better, more efficiant ways for them to communicate.

On a sidenote, it is ironic that some of the technology SETI uses for years and years has found it's way to Botnetworks these days. Also makes one think a bit over informatinnetworks and their workings.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not been around since opening the post but loved reading the heated debate between Doomsdayrex and Stillalive.

One thing that I don't get about SETI is that all UFO abductees report that these Aliens use telepathy so I can never get my . round why SETI search for radio waves etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

He doesn't recognize that they exist because he is a scientific man. Also, even if it is "to narrow to be effective" it is better then not looking at all. For example, if you go fishing and take one cast you are almost certain not to catch anything. But isn't that better then sitting there wishing you had a fish?

Analogy noted. Logic? Not in the analogy.

And he may be a "scientific" man, but he's damned close-minded! Any scientific man would exhibit some kind of curiosity but Shostak just denies their reality outright without taking into consideration the witnesses' photos/films/video which in some courtrooms is good enough to convict or free the accused.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well, I communicated via emails with Shostak and he was in total denial and wanted me to send him convincing "evidence" after I asked him "What about all of the photos/films/videos?"

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Blah, blah, blah!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you have convincing evidence?
How about sharing that with the rest of us

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by yeti101
Also alot of major discoveries like the cosmic background radiation are discovered by serendipity. Seti is poised for something like that becuase nobody has ever searched they way they are.

Especially when the Allen Array goes online.

Skeptical Ed is perhaps worse than the believers who refuse to search because they think they already have all the answers they need. Instead, he doesn't want to bother searching because it might fail; he does not know the chances of success (no one does) but because it may be fruitless it is not worth searching at all.

SETI has been a failure from day one, and whether it's funded by private money or SETI is getting taxpayers' money through hidden progams is immaterial. The waste of money that produces nothing in return. And I wouldn't be surprised that if there were aliens they'd want to communicate with a war-mongering species. If they do succees in communicating it's because they want "TO SERVE MAN"! (If you know what I'm talking about in that last sentence.)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Well, I communicated via emails with Shostak and he was in total denial and wanted me to send him convincing "evidence" after I asked him "What about all of the photos/films/videos?"

Evidence of what? UFOs? Shostak and I are already convinced UFOs exist, so we don't need any more evidence of UFOs, the fact that they exist is a given. But what are they?

If he was asking for convincing evidence of aliens, yeah I'd like to see that too, as I haven't seen it yet. I'd like to find it and that's why I look at stuff here. Some UFOs might be alien, granted, but it's unknown and unproven rather than "convincing".

So did you have any convincing evidence to send him? If not he probably went right back to his SETI work.

And now we can guess why you might not like Shostak, seems like maybe he rebuffed you? Don't take it too personally, I'm sure he does that to lots of people.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Evidence of what? UFOs? Shostak and I are already convinced UFOs exist, so we don't need any more evidence of UFOs, the fact that they exist is a given. But what are they?

If he was asking for convincing evidence of aliens, yeah I'd like to see that too, as I haven't seen it yet. I'd like to find it and that's why I look at stuff here. Some UFOs might be alien, granted, but it's unknown and unproven rather than "convincing".

So did you have any convincing evidence to send him? If not he probably went right back to his SETI work.

And now we can guess why you might not like Shostak, seems like maybe he rebuffed you? Don't take it too personally, I'm sure he does that to lots of people.

My conversations with Shostak were strictly about the reality of UFOs. Aliens were not discussed nor my opinion of what they are or where they come from. In my opinion, UFOs are alien objects as I don't consider a single one being created by humans. But I do not accept that they are from another planet, or another galaxy or another universe. All I know is that they're here now and it seems they've been here for a while, how long, I don't know. I don't accept ancient tales but some of them are intriguing.

What or who pilots them, if they are not ROVs, I also have no idea. And if they're ROVs where are the operators? So we do have strange aerial objects we know nothing about and I don't accept claims that someone knows. That's is the extent of our knowledge, IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So you have convincing evidence?
How about sharing that with the rest of us

I'd like to see it also. Especially since I know for a fact someone has sent him a U2U letting him know how to upload these images and videos he apparently has.

Ed,

You keep saying you have convincing evidence and would like to upload it if you knew how. Someone explains to you how and it's still nowhere to be seen. Yet, you're still going around telling people to provide evidence or post sources to things they've said when you yourself won't even do it.

I don't see how anyone on here can take you seriously. You apparently have this great, convincing evidence you're dying to share (that's how you make it sound) but you're not providing it.

I mean, come on. If you really want to get it up here on ATS and can't for the life of you figure out how to do it yourself, ask a friend on here that you trust if you can e-mail them the stuff and have them do it for you. In all honesty, I don't believe you when you say you e-mailed ATS last year for help and they never answered you. Not buying that at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
SETI is a joke .... any REAL scientist knows why SETI will never find anything, and if they find it, it really wont help

I forgot the name of the scientist ... it is some guy that looks like an asian but I think he is american ... there are a lot of videos ... he is one of the most famous scientists out there ...

man he explains why SETI is the WORSE way to find ET signals ...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
SETI is a joke .... any REAL scientist knows why SETI will never find anything, and if they find it, it really wont help

I forgot the name of the scientist ... it is some guy that looks like an asian but I think he is american ... there are a lot of videos ... he is one of the most famous scientists out there ...

man he explains why SETI is the WORSE way to find ET signals ...

Do you mean Michio Kaku?

OK if SETI is such bad way, what's a better way to find ET signals?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join