It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get involved with SETI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
yea right, i used to believe lots of stuff,but all the lies crushed me,i know what to believe now.i dont believe some wacko telling me pedictions of doom.
but i do believe there are spaceships,and we have spaceships cmon!
we had sr-71 in the cold war,and ur telling me in 2009 we dont have space capable craft? just look at the projects they just begun to uncover.
i dont need facts,its COMMON SENSE

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
whats the point of seti,if radio signals travel so slow,we will hear a signal from like 1000 years before? correct me if im wrong,but if this is wright..well wtf?

It depends on where the signal came from. It could be four years (the closest star) or hundreds or thousands.

But direct communication has never been the point of SETI projects. The point has been to find evidence of extraterrestrials.

as for hacking,no need to stick to every word,i was just expressing an oppinion with my heart.

So, in your opinion, because they are not giving you the answer you want, you think they should be attacked not just in opinion, but in a manner to disrupt their work. That is childish and immature. Thank you for proving my point.

putting fluoride in toothpase/water and putting apsartame in sugary treats is ALSO A CRIME!

Where?

,but since im only a average joe if i even say a word about hacking or rebellion im evil?

No, but you are immature.

i dont think thats the ATS way of thinking,legal and illegal are words of the NWO,GOOD and BAD are peoples words.

Non-sequitur and more of your childish attitude. We don't agree with you, so you suprisingly manage to imply that we are somehow associated with the NWO because of the words we use.

as for facts,well i cant even think of any u got me, im too lazy

Enough said. You have no facts and you have no desire to discover things for yourself. All you have is someone claims there is a cover-up and that is enough for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

but i do believe there are spaceships,and we have spaceships cmon!

We certainly do. You're right about that...

i dont need facts, its COMMON SENSE

Enough said, other than I have a feeling your definition of common sense is vastly different than most people.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
no,thats not the human made spaceships i talk about u must be joking.
and enough with the insults about me being childish, were not in school anymore,and theres nothing wrong with being childish,no ones perfect.
1. if SETI is only for proof,i can find alot more proof,just starring in the sky.
2. universityes should sponsor something more good then seti
3. so your so grown up but you think the most advanced ships we have are these shuttles? seriously man O_o?
can u atleast provide thoughts and debate with me,instead of just insulting me and teasting me like a troll

and no my definition is just like the most members,ask them

ask them if they think this is the most advanced space ship

ask them if they think seti is covering stuff

and ask them if seti is a waste of money

then we will see who is right hmm?
u can say alot of opinions dosnt matter if theyr wrong,but most of the members are smart,educated people that know stuff,lets give it a try
we can even make a debate if u want ^^?

and by your way of thinking ask them,if they think we dont have any defence in space,and can be conquered by a small mining fleet of aliens (:

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have a problem with SETI,

1) having seen alien technology in daylight LINK and

2) the immense improbability that a truly advanced technology civilization would be transmitting anything using 1950's and 60's technologies,

Instead of the SETI project, I believe that supporting Folding@Home would be actually helpful to humanity.

IMO SETI should instead look for intelligent life here on earth.

If they find it, they should ask for help solving the mind-numbing madness that passeth for civilization....

as BONUS:

As winter is approaching, crank up your Nvidia and ATI video cards and you will find that they heat the room! (A GTX295 running Folding@home) is probably the most expensive room space heater in the world! You may consider joining Team XENU #54509

[edit on 2-10-2009 by seataka]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

and theres nothing wrong with being childish

There is something wrong with being childish when you are trying to have a thoughtful discussion.

1. if SETI is only for proof,i can find alot more proof,just starring in the sky.

Proof of what?

2. universityes should sponsor something more good then seti

Universities sponsor a lot of projects; SETI gets a pittance compared to other things.

3. so your so grown up but you think the most advanced ships we have are these shuttles?

Then show us these advanced spaceships.

can u atleast provide thoughts and debate with me,instead of just insulting me

You are the one who says you have no facts.

and no my definition is just like the most members,ask them...
then we will see who is right hmm?

argumentum ad populum

lets give it a try
we can even make a debate if u want

A debate between you and me. Sure.

and by your way of thinking ask them,if they think we dont have any defence in space,and can be conquered by a small mining fleet of aliens

I have nothing to say to this but LOLWUT?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
2) the immense improbability that a truly advanced technology civilization would be transmitting anything using 1950's and 60's technologies

This is currently the best method we know of and has we find better methods SETI will employ them. And SETI is not necessarily looking for the most advanced civilizations but any civilization that may be using similar methods of communications. And it stands to reason that any advanced civilization wishing to communicate with less-advanced civilizations would employ these methods.

But really, your contention that because some hypothetical civilization may be using a hypothetical communication method we may not have thought of yet, we shouldn't bother looking for other civilizations out there, makes a lot of sense. You're right, we shouldn't even bother. Instead we should focus on a transient phenomenon that leaves no physical proof.

Once again, the anti-science idiocy of the UFO believers strikes.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
I have a problem with SETI,

1) having seen alien technology in daylight LINK and

2) the immense improbability that a truly advanced technology civilization would be transmitting anything using 1950's and 60's technologies,

I believe that supporting Folding@Home instead of the SETI project would be actually helpful to humanity.

1. You had some great sightings! Thanks for sharing that story, but I'm not as sure as you are that they were alien.

2. We don't know what the probability is. Maybe they're not using that technology today, but 5,000 years ago, or 25,000 years ago or longer, they were. Remember we are looking back in time with our astronomical observations.

I agree that anyone considering the SETI@home project should also consider the other BOINC research projects which may be of more benefit. I do think the search for aliens has a special appeal which is partly why it was so easy to popularize the SETI@home project. Some of the other distributed computing projects may seem a little more boring in comparison to SETI but may have a more direct impact to benefit humanity.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
haha allright man i have a GOOD one for you,and for the protocol i may act childish AND have an inteligent discussion. confusing..but possible
so...
all the people who see UFO's in the sky. MILLIONS...of sightings...
------lets say theyr not ufos------then they must be HUMAN MADE----
they cant be all swamp gass and illusions or falling meteors and chinese lanterns could they? they dont fly in formation...

so...your saying that we only have shuttles,and u want me to tell you were are the spaceships? heck should i know? but i think i just provided a STRONG PROOF that were more advanced then we know..
so whats ur response?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
cmon man (: if all the ufo sightings are not aliens..what are they = human made!?
but why do we still use shuttless then? or the public only knows about shutless?
dont tell me we havent stolen or learned anything,if we can,from even visual encounter with an ufo.
do you think if SETI receives a recording of " HUMANS WILL DIE " they will show it to the public?
and i think i had enough of you calling people idiotic or childish,fight with logic not insults!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

so...your saying that we only have shuttles,and u want me to tell you were are the spaceships? heck should i know? but i think i just provided a STRONG PROOF that were more advanced then we know..
so whats ur response?

You provided proof? When?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been doing the seti@home since 2000. In the history of the SETI project the only signal They gotten was the infamous WOW! signal. Even though it was only one signal, it is enough reason to keep looking and the hopes of trying to find a friend out there. Perhaps they should start broadcasting a signal in case there is another Earth out there looking for the same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ive been helping SETI since 1999...

There are a few other projects I do everynow and then to try and help..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I wouldn't doubt that some of the UFO's seen are man made that are back enginered form alien tech. The reason they don't come out and say they have this tech is because you have to do it in steps. for the Person is smart, people are stupid. That means that one person can understand and accept that there aliens, but people in groups would panic and not accept it. This is explain in the Brookings Report.

link   

but i think i just provided a STRONG PROOF that were more advanced then we know..

Of that there is little doubt. Projects related to advanced classified technology are not revealed to the public for many years after they are put into use. Think Lockheed Skunkworks, Area 51/Groom Lake or S4, etc. We do have more advanced technology than the general population is aware of.

It certainly makes for a great deal of speculation as to what that technology is. Could it be the amazing TR-3B as some people suggest? I doubt it but since all that stuff is classified who can say for sure except the people directly involved in the projects and if they talk about secret projects, they'll be shot for treason or meet some similar harsh penalty. (Though Bob Lazar is still alive for some reason)

Anyway before getting too far off topic how does this relate to SETI? Are you saying why look out there when they are already here?

link   
when? well just before 4-5 minutes? you even didnt answer? allright man be ignorant, i call you to a DEBATE,i may not know everything but if your answer is "you provided proof,when?" ill enjoy winning over ur insults and nonsense infront of everyone

you accept?
what should the topic be?
"seti is a waste of money" or "space shuttles are the most advanced tech in space we have?"

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
well thank you guis,its much more easy discussing this with more then one person.
well how it is related..hmm. well couse seti uses old ww2 tech,and we are letting them use our computers to process whoever knows what data they want,and we are not going to get a answer even if they find something else.
its related with "you think seti is the most advanced way we use to TRY to find aliens"
and cmon guis after all these years its hard to believe all the government secret agencys "dont know anything about aliens" and are using SETi...

more like they use ALOT more advanced methods,and they ALLREADY know lots of stuff,they probably do alot more then to talk to aliens.
they probably "talked" to aliens before years...
for god sake look at the geneva experiment,and yet seti is the most advanced? and spaceshuttles?
...im not trying to flame or anything,i just want to prove a point and help people realize...to not trust liars..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

if all the ufo sightings are not aliens..what are they = human made!?

Or a wide variety of other things.

dont tell me we havent stolen or learned anything,if we can

Notice your own wording. If we can. You are speculating then taking that speculation as fact.

from even visual encounter with an ufo.

That would be akin to a tribe in the Amazon seeing a stealth bomber and managing to recreate it.

do you think if SETI receives a recording of " HUMANS WILL DIE " they will show it to the public?

How would an alien race know human language?

fight with logic

So says the person who says they don't need facts...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

and cmon guis after all these years its hard to believe all the government secret agencys "dont know anything about aliens" and are using SETI...

SETI is not a government project.

And again, you are speculating and confusing that speculation with fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

when? well just before 4-5 minutes? you even didnt answer? allright man be ignorant, i call you to a DEBATE,i may not know everything but if your answer is "you provided proof,when?"

You did not provide proof of anything.

what should the topic be?
"seti is a waste of money"

Aren't we already debating that? You have already stated you have no facts. All you have done is speculate and make assumptions.

or "space shuttles are the most advanced tech in space we have?"

It's not. We have satelites that are far more advanced. The space shuttle is 1970s technology.

But that isn't what you argued. You said we didn't have spaceships.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join