It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixhundredsixtysix, not six six six

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Book of Revelation defines the number of the beast is 666, not 6 6 6 (18). Why is it that most bible thumpers jump whenever they see the number six? Is it really such a nasty number?

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well in the Bible the numbers are described as: Six hundred threescore and six.

1. 600
2. Threescore being ten more than fifty=60. Or 3 sets of 20's. (threescore is a set with 3 times 20 members (3 meanings) )

3. And six.

The equation could be like this:

660 and 6

Or

60060 and 6.

Or

600202020 and 6

My questions are:

1. Is "and" always +?
2. Is Six hundred threescore always 660?

Separately all these setups of numbers could mean different things. But which one is the right one to use. In accordance with what the bible is telling?

When looking up what AND means. I get this: Assuming "and" is a math function | Use as a word instead.

So we might be doing things wrong when we use "And" as a + just to get number 666.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

You must get into the Hebrew alphabet. If you do you will notice that numbers are assigned to the letters. This is what I believe John was seeing.

He would have been an educated Hebrew. He would have recognized Hebrew numbers or letters in his visions. Interestingly enough, some of those Hebrew symbols look strikingly similar to the English alphabet.

John would have been confused as to what he was seeing, but he would have definitely been able to recognize the symbols and equate them. Now, look at the Hebrew numbers and tell me which ones look like English letters or numbers.

www.i18nguy.com...

I hope I helped you out. The above link will take you to the Hebrew numbers. Remember, the Bible tells us that the mark, his name or the number of his name will be forced upon mankind. I'll check back later.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
english translation
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

greek translation
wde h sofia estin o ecwn ton noun yhfisatw ton ariqmon tou qhriou ariqmoV gar anqrwpou estin kai o ariqmoV autou cxV

the last word, cxV is

ci xi stigma
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma

the agamoV - agamos 22nd, agaqoergew - agathoergeo 14th and an obsolete letter (4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the Abba - Abba 5th and Abel - Abel 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively apokaqisthmi - apokathistemi 600, agoraioV - agoraios 60 and Abel - Abel 6; apousia - apousia 666 as a numeral:--six hundred threescore and six.

tiny.cc...

the word cxV
strongs concordance
tiny.cc...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As the above poster mentioned, I checked out the hebrew alphabet, the alephbet (on this page though), and it seems that the hebrew symbols for 600, 60 and 6 would be the exact same as for 666: Tav (400) + Reish (200) + (Samekh (60) or 3 * Kaf (20) or Nun (50) + Yod(10)) + Vav (6). I'm not sure how to interpret the threescore here, hence the 3 possibilities for 60.

Although there is no difference in the possible symbols for the number 666 (comparing 666 to 600+60+6, both have 3 possibilities), there can definitely be a difference in the order of symbols - according to said page, there is no specific order for numbers. Perhaps 600, 60 and 6 signify the order of the symbols?

I wonder what the hebrew root is of 600+60+6 - most roots have a special meaning, and it might clarify what exactly would be 'forced upon us'.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

no need to interpret the threescore. it was an english word and not the original words the book was written in. it's infinitely better to refer to the original language john the revelator wrote the text in, than the english translation.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I had found a site called Ask the Rabbi and he had a few explantions and one stood out to me. By repeating something like a mantra or prayer three times is reaffirming it. The world was said to have been created in 6 days, not seven. A cake needs to rest or cool. The number six 6 said to represent the physical world.

Some stories of angels or fallen angels have been said to be like interdimensionals or appear as physical or even an illusion. Someone or something that calculates is using math and science. Science is also the study of the unknown or mysterious or mysticism? sacred science etc.

The more we learn, the more we become as if gods. The abuse of knowledge and power is also self destructive and fighting nature isn't usually sucessful. " You shall surely die " can be a warning of our ignorance and arogance. We are in many ways our own worst enemy.

Humans want immortality. An angel in some way is an immortal servant, slave or program as if for enternity. I think I can understand eventual rebellion or glitches at some point ( or calculate) and or to some degree.

The written number 6 three times may just symbolize a wave and or sound. It may also represent a spiral galaxy.

I think the interpretation has lost the true meaning, regardless of the original writings. These scribes have also been said to have written in codes.

666 could represent the elements and the universe or a spiral or vortex and the related science and knowledge tree.

I think it's likely science, cyclical events and causality. What goes around, comes around.
The worm comes full circle. The return of someone or something as a prophetic event is like the seasons coming and going. It is inevitable. The beginning, the middle, the end and another new beginning. etc. The alpha and omega cycles.

The rapture, salvation like the story of Noahs ark may actually be genetic or DNA samples, writings, memories such as media through movies immortalize our species. We have recently started saving seeds as if to rapture to recolonize. That's very suggestive.

Humans may misinterpret according to their limited information and survival instincts as an individual or race.

Debating numbers is just more calculating. I think it's more symbolic as cyclical, such as with human nature.

The one phrase of Cain and Abel was very interesting. " Your brothers blood cries out to me." Spiral DNA? coded meaning? Tagged or implanted? The return and another correction or genetic correction.

Let those who have ears.......let them listen.

blakehuggins.com...

Keep chewing on it because it's good exercise.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
6 is the number of man -- who is incomplete.
each place the 6 is in, represents a different aspect of dominion.

it translates to something like:
man, sitting in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God

it should be more like 777, as 7 equals completion (7th day of creation it was complete and he rested) whereas 6 equals not complete. Since God makes you complete, you become 777 instead of 666.......i think?

God sitting in the temple of man, proclaiming himself to be God (over man).

something like that anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just a couple points of fact....for those curious among you about Hebraic Gematrial sigla....and to point out the dangers of "guessing randomly in the dark" about Manuscripts and Meanings.

666 v. 616

The curious "marginalia" in chapter 13:18 of The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite ("The Book of Revelation") written around AD 69 during the 1st Failed Jewish Revolt against Rome has in fact, TWO numbering systems, viz.

666 and 616 (two distinct MSS families were circulating in the ancient world each with a different gematria). So it depends on what MSS copy you are looking at to determine whether the number of the "Beast" ("which is the Number of a Man") is either 616 or 666.

See Codex Alexandrinus (A) and Codex Ephraemi (C) and the newly discovered Papyrus "P115/POxy4499" all of which prefer the gemmatrial 616 to the more familiar 666 of Sinaiticus or Bezae or Vaticanus etc.

Significantly, P115 aligns with A and C in its textual witness, which are generally regarded as providing the best testimony to the original text of Revelation.

Thus, P115 has superior testimony to that of P47 which aligns with the text of C and together form the second-best witness to the so-called Book of Revelation.

Deciphering the 'grammatical howlers' in the 'imposible'Greek of the Apocalypse of Yohanon ("Book of Revelation") has been problematic for researchers since the book seems to be a very crude translation an originally Jewish document written in BOTH Hebrew and Aramaic (like the Book of Daniel) quoting excerpts from the Plagues of Exodus, Joel, Malachi, Jeremiah, Hezekiel chapter 39-44, the Tamid Psalms, Deutero-Zechariah chapter 4 and 'deutero-Zechariah' chapters 9-12 and Proto (chapter 1-39) & Trito Isaiah (ch 56-66), I Henoch, and the War Scroll of the Dead Sea Scrolls just to name a few sources !

PLEASE NOTE the specific word "Anti-Christ" does NOT appear in ANY KNOWN TEXT of the so-called Book of Revelationl, despite what most "Christians" believe. It derives from the author of I, 2 and 3 John (i.e. John the Elder, whoever he was)

Nor does the word "Anti-Christ" have anything to do with either the number 666 or 616, which is listed as the "Number of the Beast" in the marginalia (i.e. added to the book in the margin, not orginally part of the text).

If you want to play gematria, and want a little guide, here is Wisdom:

aleph = 1 beth = 2 gimmel = 3 daled = 4 heh = 5 vav =6 zayin = 7 chet = 8 tet = 9 yud =10 kaph =20 lamed =30 mem =40
nun = 50 samech = 60 q'ayin = 70 phe = 80 tsadeh = 90 quph = 100 resh = 200 sin/shin = 300 tav = 400

Any "solution" to the Number of the Beast would have to satisfy BOTH 616 and 666.

Nero Caesar fits the bill nicely (he was the reigning Roman Emperor during AD 67-68i.e. during the failed Revolt) and his name in Hebrew was written variously as: NRON QSR (666) and NRO QSR (616).

Apparently the writers of the Book were trying to get believers to think they had some chance of defeating "Babylon" i.e. the Roman Empire.

They were wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

the first hint starts with the measurements of nebuchadnezzar's gold statue in chapter 3 of daniel. furthermore, most christians who study eschatology, are acutely aware of the places in which the word "antichrist" appears, afterall, it's in the NEW TESTAMENT.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A simple question since you are on numerology here. If the Antichrist is 666. Then what is the 222? All I really know about it is that it's thousands of years old and it makes for an interesting avatar eh?

As far as the original question goes it's not the number so much as what this man does to the world in his 3.5 years of rule. He is the 3rd leader of a confederacy of states at war with a confederacy of Middle Eastern states.
He defiles the Jewish temple in Jerusalem and elevates himself to the status of a God. Starting a war with the one true God.

When the time comes He will be quite recognizable and those in the know will realize that he's death. And pledging your allegiance to him is worthy of eternal damnation.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by ntech]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by ntech]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
If you want to play gematria, and want a little guide, here is Wisdom:

aleph = 1 beth = 2 gimmel = 3 daled = 4 heh = 5 vav =6 zayin = 7 chet = 8 tet = 9 yud =10 kaph =20 lamed =30 mem =40
nun = 50 samech = 60 q'ayin = 70 phe = 80 tsadeh = 90 quph = 100 resh = 200 sin/shin = 300 tav = 400

The Latinised name of Jesjuah: Jesus

J=Jod: 10
E=Vowel/Nikkud: 0
S=Shin: 300
U=Vav: 6
S=shin: 300
Total: 616

As some of you have commented I don't use the Latin name Jesus anymore, not just because of this, but mostly because of this. The beast is Rome, and the Beast's name of the Lord is Jesus, just like the Kanaanean name of the Lord was Ba'al.

Another interesting thing, the name of the character who was set free instead of Jesjuah bar Josef, was Jesjuah bar Abba. Bar Abba means "Son of the Father".

To the wide audience: Who among you want to set Jesju bar Josef free and who says he must die so your religion becomes logic to you and you may live forever drinking salvation and eating dades with the popes?? Are you screaming Crucify! Crucify! perhaps?

[edit on 1/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Maybe 666 refers to the six hundred and sixty-sixth person to be ACCUSED of being the antichrist? Heaven knows we've probably had that many candidates listed on ATS. Seems like a new one every week.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No need to apply various mystical numerologies to solve the riddle. No need to de-construct the the Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic roots of the text.

It's all very practical, actually.

666 is a reference to the carbon atom. Six protons, six electrons, six neutrons.
The periodic table, folks. It's the atomic expression of number, itself.

To quote Revelations...666 is "...the number of the beast...",
"...it is man's number...", etc.
Carbon is the basis of all life on this planet

This being said,
watch out for the "carbon number" economic system coming soon to a NewWorldOrder near you.

After all, the so-called Antichrist can't have you spreading your "Carbon Footprint" around all unregulated and stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
all the above posts were interesting...

my perspective is that the '600' & the '60-60-60' the final '6'

actually denote 3 individuals that make up the mankind 'Trinity'
IOW, there will be 3 persons that comprised the development/evolution of the 'Beast'

the predictions of Nostradamus follow this line of thought when he
scrys the future & sees 3 antichrists, namely Napoleon-Hitler-Mabus
(his prognostications suggest that Napoleon & Hitler already were
and the next & final Anti-christ to come will be anagramed as MABUS)

This scenario fits well with the Revelation account & explaination which tells us that 2 horns on the 7 headed Beast are supplanted by a 3rd little horn which will grow & utter blasphemies & demand the title God...
i.e. the MABUS, or the 3rd person of the unholy trinity...

1. the '600' of the Revelations 'number of the Beast' is the soon to be MABUS...nostradamus C2 Q62

2. the '60-60-60-' corresponds to the nostradamus quatrain C8 Q1,
Pau, Nay, Loron i.e. Napoleon...

3. the singular '6' of the number of the Beast corresponds to Hitler,
which is also the 2nd anti-christ of nostradamus fame, see C2 Q24

The other 6 heads with a prominant horn (king/leader) represent the other cohort nations which share power with MABUS='600' in the end-times empire of anti-christ.

footnotes:

(century 2 quatrain 62)
Mabus then will soon die, there will come
Of people and beasts a horrible rout:
Then suddenly one will see vengeance,
Hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run.
[the 'will soon die' refers to the 3 1/2 years Mabus='600' reigns
and then dies of a fatal head wound but survives for 3 1/2 more yrs.
]

(century 8 quatrain 1)
Pau, Nay, Loron will be more of fire than blood,
to swim in praise, the great one to flee to the confluence (of rivers).
He will refuse entry to the magpies
Pampon and the Durance will keep them confined.

Beasts ferocious with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.
Into a cage of iron will the great one be drawn,
When the child of Germany observes nothing.
(Century 2, Quatrain 24)

just my view/ interpetation
don't be of hardened heart by saying one should not mix Biblical prophecy with Nostradamus scrying-astrology...
i say M Nostradamus used the scriptures as a reference point in his deeper insights prognostications, IOW Inspired and not conjured from evil principalities

Next: ponder the time span from the 62nd 'week' (when Christ is cut-off)until the '70th week' which begins the rule of anti-christ MABUS='600'
(of the '666' beast #)

thanks for your time....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
my perspective is that the '600' & the '60-60-60' the final '6'

A score is a unit of 20, not 60.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I read an article somewhere recently in which "count the number" (concerning 666) meant we should look in the OT for similar numbers to see what this may mean.

The writer believed that much of Revelation was a book of symbols and that you could find out what they meant by looking back in OT history i.e. scripture interprets scripture (which I agree with for the most part).

Apparently there are at least a couple of OT references to a 666 total?
One being an amount of gold? which was received? by one of the kings in the OT.
I can't remember the other reference.

The writer believed that these OT accounts gave us some idea about what the "beast" would be.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Solomon's gold is about annual tax. And the name of the Judahite who brought a family of 666 back to Judea after Babylon, was called Adonikam.

Adonikam means "My Lord Arose".
In comparison, Ba'al Sebul often perverted into Beelzebub, means "Lord of Rising".

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Measure the narrow length of a one dollar bill with a millimeter ruler

= 66.6 millimeters

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus

Nero Caesar fits the bill nicely (he was the reigning Roman Emperor during AD 67-68i.e. during the failed Revolt) and his name in Hebrew was written variously as: NRON QSR (666) and NRO QSR (616).

Apparently the writers of the Book were trying to get believers to think they had some chance of defeating "Babylon" i.e. the Roman Empire.

They were wrong.

It's always Nero. That's what they all say. When, then, did Romans go around getting the words NRO QSR implanted in their foreheads? You could make a point if it was just the right hand, ie anybody handling money with Nero's face on it, (taking it in their right hand) but no one ever got tattoos with Nero's name on their forehead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join