It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Song Lyrics Pre-Approved by Parents - Part of Program Honoring Many

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just thought I'd post the latest that has come into light about the Obama song that was sung at a school in New Jersey, the video of which was posted on the Internet.

This is a letter to parents of the Burlington Township School District. It's an attempt to explain the attention that the video, their kids and their kids' school have been getting.

As far as the song, it was part of a larger program with songs honoring several subjects, including other presidents, the lyrics of which were sent to parents ahead of time. They received NO complaints from parents.

Letter

The song was one of eight skits performed during a February 2009 program that included second grade classes. Parents attended the program which took place on February 27, 2009. The other skits in the program included Groundhog Day, Chinese New Year, Abraham Lincoln, Valentine's Day, George Washington, Mardi Gras, and Dental Health Month. The song about President Obama was in recognition of Black History Month. We have been informed that the lyrics of the song were sent home with the children in advance of the assembly, which was the teacher's normal procedure. There were no concerns or complaints prior to, during, or after the program.

They have found it necessary to take extra measures to ensure the safety and privacy of the children and have stationed a police presence at the school. All because someone with an agenda saw this video and posted the snippet on YouTube.

Congratulations to those of you who took the bait and did your part to add to the stress and confusion in these innocent children's lives.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would like to see a copy of those lyrics. I called and asked for them but thay said no.
I think it's good that the video was posted. There should be no secrets about what's going on a school classroom.

What's with the extra security and police at the school? What are they expecting?

This school brought this on themselves .period.

barry and his bots needs to leave our kids alone.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Congratulations to those of you who took the bait and did your part to add to the stress and confusion in these innocent children's lives.

And just exactly what stress and confusion was caused in these innocent children's lives?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Source

"I'm stunned -- I can't believe it's our school," said Jim Pronchik, who told FOXNews.com his 8-year-old son Jimmy was one of the 18 students in the video. "We don't want to praise this guy like he's a god or an idol or a king or anything like that. That's the wrong message to be sending."

Click here to see the full lyrics to both songs.

Pronchik said he and his wife were never informed about the lesson, which the superintendent of Burlington Township schools says was held in February as part of Black History Month "to honor the contributions of African Americans to our country."

I'll let you sort it out, BH.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ha! now that can be put to rest.

It's all good.

Any chance the parents of these kids all work for MSNBC?

Now that would be a great thread!

Nice find BH.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
I would like to see a copy of those lyrics.

Here they are

Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

I think it's good that the video was posted. There should be no secrets about what's going on a school classroom.

So you wouldn't mind a highly-charged, politically controversial video of your child's face posted on YouTube without your consent? I'm sorry. I'm not sure you've thought this through.

What's with the extra security and police at the school? What are they expecting?

Are you kidding? Have you seen the vitriol being expressed on the Internet about this? This school, the teachers, the staff and the children are in the scope of the insanely angry, right-wing, gun-toting subculture. Because of a children's song. The principal has received death threats. Should we just hope the kids don't get in the way of the bullets?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
And just exactly what stress and confusion was caused in these innocent children's lives?

There are reports that school was placed on Lock Down after the principal received death threats. There are also reports that deny that. I don't know the truth. No one does.

reply to post by Jazzyguy

FOX News originally edited that story to remove the death threats. The link above has a screen shot. I have no idea what is true about that. But the song was part of a larger program and the school says the lyrics were approved. I can't speak to the parents in your article. I don't trust FOX not to make it up, frankly.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I am sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous that anyone would allow their children to sing about any politician because to me it is only reminiscent to the "Moonies" and what the cult leader Sun Myung Moon did to the Unification Church, not that I am even stating anything positive about that church, just the relevance of it to this particular topic.

I am outraged and I am not even a parent, that any parent would be stupid enough to let their children sing about a politician, not because of the politician himself or even if it were a female, but because of the implications of what it can lead to, and it is apparent that these parents either have their heads buried in the sand and do not know anything, or that they have never heard of the cult of the "Moonies" and exactly what happened in history.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Moonie

Moonie (plural Moonies) is an informal term for members of the Unification Church, derived from the name of church founder Sun Myung Moon.

Some dictionaries see it as offensive or derogatory in nature, while others do not.

It is considered a disparagement by most church members, but has nevertheless been used by them and others on occasion without any negative connotations.

The term has also come to refer to "any blind, unthinking, unquestioning follower of a philosophy".

The book below is rather descriptive of just how a President can gain too much power, whether by accident, or by choice, or even by fault of no one other than the people misinterpreting something the man says in the first place.

The Cult of the Presidency, Updated: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Book Description :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

Both Left and Right agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility. For both sides, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, save us from hurricanes, and even to spread democracy abroad.

In short, the Imperial Presidency is the price we pay for making the office the focus of our national hopes and dreams.

Combining historical scholarship, legal analysis, and cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency argues that the presidency needs to be reined in, with its powers checked by Congress and the courts. Only then will we begin to return the presidency to its proper constitutional role.

Unfortunately, the book was written right before Obama took office, but the lessons are there nonetheless about each sucessive President who gained far too much power.

I do not care which party a President is from, I never have, however, I see this as these parents ignorance of giving over blindly their children without thought or concern, and aboslutely no understanding of the ramifications.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think this all is pretty ridiculous, right up there with the hooplah over him giving a speech to the children.

Where was the indoctrination crowd when kids were singing and "praising" Bush?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I really wish parents would grow up and leave their kids out of politics.

That applies to ALL parents.

Indoctrination begins at home.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm sure you would have taken issue with the person who produced the Hitler youth video's back in the late 30's, instead of the idiot school teacher that told those kids to sing the song.

As to the threats being received...

What kind of jackass teacher or principle takes time out of study to teach kids a song about our "Dear Leader", and then have them sing nice and loud.....

"Equal work means equal pay...................All are equal in his sight.................. Mr. President we honor your great plans..............To make this country's economy number one again!"

Are you serious BH? Some idiot influencing a child's mind tells them to sing a song worshiping the fuhrer, they film it, and you're pissed off at the parents for not liking it, and making a stink about it? Is there something broken in your head? The kids in that video belong to their parents, not to the school. They can sort it out independent of your sycophantic opinions.

This is a prime example of why my kids do not attend public school. Everything about Public school's is a fracken joke. The last thing on public school teacher's minds is education, as this video plainly illustrates.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I think this all is pretty ridiculous, right up there with the hooplah over him giving a speech to the children.

We where right here, bitching about it like we are now, where were you?

Second line.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here's an article that I think explains this entire mess in a nutshell. It tells exactly this controversy came about.

How the Right Exploits Kids for Political Purposes

But for some reason, today's school children are expected to completely ignore the historic nature of America's first black president. And the millions of black and Latino and white children who are inspired by President Obama are supposed to shut up.

No, this is not a "controversy" about education. This is an example of how the right-wing cleverly manipulates the media with their feigned outrage about anything Obama. Even more troubling, this controversy demonstrates how the right is willing to undermine democracy itself to achieve its political aims.
The fact is we had an election last November, and 69 million people voted for Barack Obama to be our president. A strong and clear majority of American voters made their choice. But a small, vocal and angry minority are attempting to thwart the will of the people with their tea bag-dropping, death panel-fabricating, birth certificate-denying, town hall-yelling, "you lie" shouting tactics.

And the sad part now is that they're hiding behind the kids to do it. That's the worst of cynical politics, even for the right wing.

Kids Sing Praising Bush, Congress, FEMA After Katrina

And NOT A WORD on ATS, or in the MSM. No complaints, no outrage, no freaking out, no death threats... Just some cute kids singing a song. Because that's what kids do in school...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

We where right here, bitching about it like we are now, where were you?

Second line.

I can't find one video of it on the net, much less any discussion about it. I didn't care then (other than the fact the song was wrong) and I don't care now. I'd rather have my kids singing that we must all work together to make the country strong again, than picking up some hos and riding on 24's.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
Are you serious BH? Some idiot influencing a child's mind tells them to sing a song worshiping the fuhrer, they film it, and you're pissed off at the parents for not liking it, and making a stink about it?

What makes you think that I am pissed off? Not at all. And at the parents? The parents approved it. Why would I be pissed at them?

The kids in that video belong to their parents, not to the school.

Agreed. And the parents approved of and attended the program and never said a word of complaint. Until the right-wing spin machine got going, there were NO COMPLAINTS. This happened in February. It took people 7 months to start complaining?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thats the video I was referring to, good job. And excellent post.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, if they are to be singing rather than learning anything maybe they need a more accurate song.

‘Hooray Mr President, we’re not sure where you’re from
Some say you are Kenyan, and we can’t put you in song
Oh praise to thee, as senator, who rallied for Odinga
Promising ‘change’ again as you wagged your little finger.
Your ‘cousin‘, and supporters, wanted sharia law,
And when not voted in they killed all that they saw.
But still you ran for office although not qualified
That gives great hope to those of us who have cheated, stolen and lied.
We know not your achievements, as sealed they are today
Which means we don’t need any as we run outside to play.
We now know, oh great one, that to be the lord and master
We need not even be eligible, just need to lie much faster
Oh praise the most high, who has destroyed the constitution
Who speaks of nothing, whilst promising restitution
We bow to your great wisdom, in all the health care bills
But hope that dear old granny will live to take the pills.
We adore you, Mr President and all your commie friends
Is it fine to be a terrorist when this school year ends?
We praise you Mr President as you plan to bomb Iran
The only reason given is purely that you can.
Oh Lord, for just one minute to bow down to your feet
But first show the certificate, and prove you’re eligible for the seat.’

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay

i dun understand, are we going to Communism ?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How about this brand new one BH? This brings the count to 7 videos showing various school forcing kids to sing political talking points as fact. What is your excuse for this one?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Kids Sing Praising Bush, Congress, FEMA After Katrina

And NOT A WORD on ATS, or in the MSM. No complaints, no outrage, no freaking out, no death threats... Just some cute kids singing a song. Because that's what kids do in school...

BH, as usual you're fudging the facts. First of all this video was all over ATS and the media for months:

Jesus Camp

Here is the full length video of "Jesus Camp."

Just saw info on a nasty Christian camp on GMA

Jesus Camp. (How can they do this to children?)

Not one word on ATS eh?

Secondly, these kids are praying FOR Bush. Do you understand the difference between praying for someone and praying to someone? In one your wishing someone well and the other you're worshiping them.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Wimbly]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join