It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Change Your Username, Would You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Okay, here's the deal: If the ATS-PTB suddenly announced that we have 24 hours to change our usernames without losing points or profile page, would you do it? If so, what would the change be?

On every forum, whatever, I have ever participated in, I have been "Wirefox".

When I signed up on ATS, I thought, hm, no, I'll choose another one. So after about 10 seconds of thought, I decided on ladyinwaiting. (While I am waiting on something, it's not tables. lol. Or aliens, or 2012 or the rapture.)

But I chose this without the realization that I would be locked into it forever. Unless, of course, I wish to start a new account, which I don't.

So my answer is Yes, I would change it, and I would change it to Wirefox.

Did everybody else give tons of thought to the name? Am I the only one who chose it in a flash not realizing I was tied to it forever?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I chose mine in a flash as well. Thinking that I wouldn't be hanging around this insane asylum very long. 1000 posts later...... and I really couldn't imagine going by another name. Although I now worry about anyone I actually know figuring out who I am and laughing at my username.

I think deep down I may be better suited as Captain Awesome.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karlhungis, I think you would be a great Captain Awesome, I truely do.
But I think now, yes, you would have to keep "Karlhungis" by popular demand!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

That's very kind of you. Maybe I'll just start signing all my posts with Captain Awesome and have the best of both worlds.

-Captain Awesome OUT!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
With the entire "OOOO SANTY CLAUS!!! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT FOR XMAS!!!!" there's not a day that goes by that I don't wish I could change this name.

I'd probably just use something close to my own name. I prefer showing the real person, as I find anonymity allows people to be real jerkos on forums without any consequences.

I actually chose the name for a completely different reason, but I should've known what would happen as my obsession with this place deepened.

Man, now I really want to change my name. :shk:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

lol. There you go!

to the Captain! and his pearls of wisdom!

Respectfully,
Wirefox at heart.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

lol. But SantaClaus is not without it charms. And the avy contradicts it.
I mean, if it was Rudolph or something.......well, you know.

Wary Wirefox. Now I'm thinking WaryWirefox.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Typically its just a filtered picture of me, and I've had a few yuletide avies as well. The Trex is a drawing a friend did.

See though? It even limits my avatar choices. Whoa is me.

-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When I signed up I used my email address as my username and after I wished I would have picked something else, but my username fits me and I am use to it now. Only one person on here has figured out what my username means...Thanks Zazz!!!
If I could change it I would change it to Parismyluv.
Paris is my favorite place on Earth and my first true love
She never lets me down and is always there...just wish she wouldnt be so cheap and just send me a ticket so I can see her in all her glory

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I made fun of your name before in a thread I believe. I have an ex who loved those shoes.

Oh it was actually my UFC thread. I said we were even because you were a chick who liked to watch fighting and I am a guy who knows that brand.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

I made fun of your name before in a thread I believe. I have an ex who loved those shoes.

Oh it was actually my UFC thread. I said we were even because you were a chick who liked to watch fighting and I am a guy who knows that brand.

Haa thats right!! So two knew it
Yup I love my UFC and I usually wear my Manolo's to the fight with my GSP gear
hehehe
I think you have a great username
I picture you as a very jolly guy, not necessarily looking like Santa though

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No I dont think I would, I like mine and im not a very 'hey everyone notice me' person so it works well for moi.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Haha well thanks. I suppose I am fairly jolly most of the time. But I look nothing like the real saint nick, unless he's turned into a tall italian gentleman. Although I often like the white-hair look. And the belly? Well I fight that daily. And I don't really like cookies.

Love Christmas though! Much more than most other non-christians, or even christians for that matter.

I just hope for the sake of you and your boyfriend you buy those shoes during clearance sale. They're a liiiiiiittle salty.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

...lol! I figured out your username also! You are lovin' the manolo (sp) Blahnik's.

I don't own a pair

[edit on 9/30/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

It's a good one. Valiant. Brief, and to the point.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

As for my Manolo's I have never bought a single pair
they have all been gifts from my ex or my customer at work...I would never spend that much on shoes even if I had the money...I have actually thought about selling them lately on ebay to make some extra money...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

...lol! I figured out your username also! You are lovin' the manolo (sp) Blahnik's.

I don't own a pair

[edit on 9/30/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

Ok so now 3 have...I am sure more know it but have never said. I have been asked what my username means. People have even U2Ud me...lol
I have always been into fashion and would love to design my own shoe line!! I would be very good at it for sure, but that requires $$ to start and well I dont have that
Shoes have always been my weakness... I have over 300 pairs..I know its bad but I really enjoy shoes, but I dont like feet so its not a fetish thing..lol

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
im not a very 'hey everyone notice me' person.

We could tell by the avatar.

I was originally going to register as Sweeeeet Johnny, after a daredevil type character David Arquette played on My Name is Earl, but decided I'd get tired of explaining it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My first forum - ATS, I wanted to find a user name that sounded American - Like Kiki Stockhammer or something. Hula Anglers just appeared in my brain...I had to look up anglers...its been my screen name since 2008. Maybe I would change it to BadaBing...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Interesting. Whenever I see your username I think of these. Which are actually a really good nighttime lure for big bass in the summer.

[edit on 9/30/09 by MrDesolate]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join