It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New infomercial revives 'birther' controversy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

New infomercial revives 'birther' controversy

news.yahoo.com

A Christian website called LivePrayer.com produced an infomercial that the United States Justice Foundation organization is set to air in seven Southern states

Rumors of the "birther" movement's death appear to have been greatly exaggerated. The group has been demanding for months that President Obama produce a "valid" birth certificate to prove he's a natural-born citizen of the United States - and it's not giving up just yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Led by Bill Keller, a born-again Christian once convicted of insider trading on Wall Street, LivePrayer.com is working with an attorney, Gary Kreep, from the Ramona, California-based United States Justice Foundation, to air the production, titled "Where Was Obama Born?" in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Florida. The half-hour program implores President Obama to reveal the details of his birth, which they say is something that the president has "vigorously fought

[edit on 30-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have been trying to stay away from "birther" articles lately, but this was on the front page of yahoo when I opened it this morning, so I feel it is important to bring it here. The MSM usually pushes these stories aside, but this is one is being put out there.

Here is the "highlight reel" from the video they will show

I maintain that the "birther" movement is overall bad for America for a few reasons. First of all, the last thing we need if for America to be further divided. Secondly, I do not think Biden is a good replacement as POTUS. Third, I think the college records are of more importance then trying to kick out the current President based on where he was born.

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Wouldnt this all go away if Obama would just produce all of his records and quit fighting this. If it were me I would pull out every record of my life and throw it on the table and tell them read them and then STFU.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SoupBoneDogSnake

It would.. Of course unless he has something to hide

-E-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Did that video seem strange to anyone else? I got the feeling like it was edited heavily and was made to look like it was edited heavily! Not sure what the purpose would be...but the sound does seem odd and off at times.

It would be rather easy for this whole issue to go away. Obama should release his Birth Certificate and somebody born within the same fortnight (somebody from those newspaper clippings perhaps) could produce their birth certificate. If the certificates are close enough in detail, case closed. That would be irrefutable evidence that he was born in Hawaii (to most people at least).

Whether or not it is fair, the choice is in Obama's hands now. Have 500k+ people questioning where you were born for the next 3 years or produce the document and put this issue to rest.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think the main story here is that the issue is getting the largest amount of attention in a while, if not ever. I see no new information being presented, I was just shocked to see it on the front page of Yahoo, and further shocked to see it was going to be shown in 7 states.

-E-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter what Obama produces. The birthers are going to claim they are forgeries and that he is still hiding the real documents. The only thing the birthers will be satisfied with is a birth certificate showing he was born elsewhere. Remember how many birthers quickly accepted the fake Kenya birth certificate as being authentic? It was what they wanted to see.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

-E-

Or maybe he just doesn't care because he doesn't have anything to hide and has more important things to worry about.

...just saying. If I were POTUS, this would probably be very far down on my list of concerns... if it was even a concern that I had noticed.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by memoir]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by memoir

If i'm not mistaken he has paid approx. 1 million on legal fees to keep these record hidden

-E-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by memoir

-E-

Or maybe he just doesn't care because he doesn't have anything to hide and has more important things to worry about.

...just saying. If I were POTUS, this would probably be very far down on my list of concerns... if it was even a concern that I had noticed.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by memoir]

Yes it would be the last thing for me to worry about too if I was POTUS. But I wouldn't spend almost $2 million to make sure the real records did not come out. I would tell my administration to release everything and move on.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 30-9-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by memoir

If i'm not mistaken he has paid approx. 1 million on legal fees to keep these record hidden

-E-

It's now currently $1.8 million according to WND but I say $2 million is more accurate.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by memoir

-E-

You ARE mistaken, and I think you know it.
The various figures qouted are for legal expenses incurred during the campaign. simple no?
Just keep spouting the propaganda, unthinking and unquestioning.
Talk about EMBRACING ignorance, plenty of you do just that simply because you can't stand the thought of Obama being President. it's very sad that so many of you are such willing suckers. you just keep repeating the lies.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I think this is an intentional conflict perpetrated by the POTUS. I doubt there is a person -- on either side of the issue -- who doesn't acknowledge that President Obama could put this issue to bed for GOOD if he chose to. IF, in fact, he was born in Hawaii and IF, in fact, that birthright was vetted by the DNC prior to his running for the office of President, THEN the documents must exist, and President Obama must have them.

Like you, I have chosen to stand down from the elegibility threads lately. I have come to the conclusion that it would be more detrimental to the U.S. for President Obama to be removed from office, than to continue under his governance. At the very least, I think it would sharply divide the country even more than it is now.

Thus, I believe this issue is being furtively perpetrated and encouraged by the Obama administration: it keeps our eyes away from the ball.... it keeps us divided where he could EASILY put it all to rest. It's just another political tool to keep us distracted from the REAL issues, and I think it's a brilliant and effective move.

God help me, the last time I BELIEVED in a President was when I voted for President Clinton. I soon found myself disillusioned, but what I did NOT do was doggedly hang onto my faith in his abilities, even after he demonstrated the inverse of that.

Be careful what you wish for........... that said, my wish is that President Obama will change his stride, and promulgate legislation and system that actually HELP the United States of America to recover from their ragged economy, HELP the United States of America to persevere, and grow, and survive.

that is my wish.

That is my prayer.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I maintain that the "birther" movement is overall bad for America for a few reasons. First of all, the last thing we need if for America to be further divided. Secondly, I do not think Biden is a good replacement as POTUS. Third, I think the college records are of more importance then trying to kick out the current President based on where he was born.

-E-

Dividing America is what this and other psyops are all about. Preparation for the literal physical dividing of America. Divide and conquer is about to make a big comeback.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Paranoia is what has made a big comeback

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Birther movement will never really die. Let me take you back 8 years or so, back to the election of George W. Bush. There were protests on the street, pundits on tv, and thread after thread on ATS about how "Bush stole the election".

The evidence for him stealing the election was about as circumstantial as the Birther evidence, it made as much, if not more noise, it got nowhere but people held onto the belief for 8 years.

What we're seeing now is the reverse of what we were seeing 8 years ago, except that Obama so obviously won that they couldn't say he stole the election so they say he was born in Kenya.

I'm not commenting on whether or not it's true, as I can't personally prove it one way or the other, but I can say that I doubt the Birthers will get Obama out without some kind of miracle.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
BINGO! Both arguments are BS! Fanaticism is fanaticism.
How many stupid predictions did we see that Bush would declare martial law, send everyone to FEMA camps, suspend the elections etc. The dismal accuracy of all these predictions would kind of indicate that the people doing the predicting don't know their rear from a hole in the ground wouldn't it?
Do any of you ever tire of continually being completly wrong?
Or are you just indulging your fantasies and enjoying the self created drama?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So in spite of verification from the Director of Hawaii's Department of Health, plus an independent review by FactCheck.org that his birth certificate is entirely valid, there are still people out there who seriously believe that Obama was born in Africa.

Talk about a one-sided debate

One rarely reported little item is the fact that a birth notice was published in the Honolulu Advertiser AND the Honolulu Star-Bulletin on August 13 and August 14, 1961 respectively, reporting the birth of one Barack Obama in addition to reporting his family address at 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, Honolulu.

So both those newspapers were in on the conspiracy in 1961, and knew in advance that one day he was going to be president??

Seriously, of all the fringe conspiracies, this one has to be the most absurd, and that's saying something.

Makes me wonder about apparently well educated people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I don't think anyone here has stated whether or not they think he was born in Africa or not, so what is there to be wrong about? All I see are posts from people wanting to see the documents that our Presidents legal team is being paid to suppress. And if you call that bunk again as you did in an earlier post I challenge you to prove it.

-E-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It was very clear that i referred to the amount YOU claimed Obama has spent "fighting' the release of documents. The figure refers to legal expenses
expenses incurred during the campaign, just as ALL candidates incurr.
what is it I'm supposed to prove? that's laughable, you can't prove a negative. it's up to the "birthers' to prove Obama is not a citizen, so far they have only proven how foolish they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join