It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is Cracking Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well I woke up this morning to news of another huge earthquake (7.9) in Indonesia following yesterdays massive earthquake (8.0) in Samoa.

7.9 Indonesia Quake Wednesday

8.0 Samoa Quake Tuesday

Earthquakes occur everyday but this is big. This is huge.

I would like you to consider Neal Adams growing earth theory as a cause for this sudden release of immense power in these 2 locations and as a cause for everyday standard earthquake activity.

Neal Adams Theory

For instance, blow up a balloon half way then paint it and let it dry. Then after the paint on the balloon is dry proceed to blow it up some more, what will happen to the paint?

It will expand to the breaking point and crack the paint. I believe earthquake activity to be very similar to this analogy.

What do you think is going on with these 2 huge earthquakes occurring in 2 separate places with only 24 hours between them? Is there more to come? Is the Pacific Rim about to go through a massive transformation. Will California finally fall off?

2 massive earthquakes could in fact be coincidence but if more earthquakes of this magnitude follow over the next few days we may have a massive problem with our planet that could endanger millions.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Whilst Neals is a good theory it doesn't really explain to me where the extra mass would come from to 'expand the Earth'?.
And besides I can't get utube through the office firewall .

I know metal expands when its heated and then contracts as it cools. maybe the Earth is going through the same process but due to its mass it just takes a little longer? Solar radiation heating up the Earth maybe and the lack of heated sunspots recently is allowing the world to cool off a bit?

But if I'm imagining the Neals thoery is great if your blowing up a balloon or the Earth but what would happen if you painted a half inflated balloon then let the air out? maybe the Earths going through a 'crinkling' phase and the Earthquakes are the 'crinkling' or folding aspects?

[edit on 30/9/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My thoughts have been that the chewey and liquid innards are staying the same size but because of the solar minimum, the crust is cooling slightly, thus contracting and causing stress buildups and reliefs.

Ok, so, that's nuts but what do you want from me?

Originally posted by DataWraith
Solar radiation heating up the Earth maybe and the lack of heated sunspots recently is allowing the world to cool off a bit?

Aha, I just hit reply off the bat. I see we're onto a similar trail. Neat.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Rather than requiring extra mass to expand, perhaps the inner Earth resembles a wet expanding sponge. The crust is formed by the inner 'sponge' continually hardening as it reaches the outer surface. Occasionally crust formation cannot match the rate of expansion, and we get days like today. If this is truly the case, the expansion and crust formation should eventually reach an equilibrium (since even a wet sponge cannot expand forever). That balance in growth would be comfortable for awhile, however the porous interior could eventually collapse in on itself (like popping bubbles in dishwater) which would then lead to a planetary 'shrinkage.' At a certain point after continual collapse, the heat produced would trigger another cycle of bubbling up and expansion.

[edit on 30/9/09 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Funny you should mention Cali...

a 3.0M just a few minutes ago...and Parkfield even!

Earthquake List for Map Centered at 36°N, 121°W
earthquake.usgs.gov...

quake.usgs.gov...

3.0 2009/09/30 06:05:28 36.048N 120.615W 9.8 23 km (14 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA
2.0 2009/09/30 05:14:10 36.048N 120.617W 9.4 23 km (15 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA
1.4 2009/09/30 03:21:32 36.038N 120.629W 6.3 23 km (15 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA
1.9 2009/09/30 02:51:07 36.009N 120.581W 0.4 18 km (11 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA
0.7 2009/09/29 17:25:50 36.007N 120.577W 1.1 18 km (11 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA
1.2 2009/09/29 08:02:42 35.997N 120.550W 5.2 15 km ( 9 mi) NW of Parkfield, CA

Hmmm...time to watch Yellowstone now also?

www.isthisthingon.org...

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Earthquakes, some big and some small just happen, it is not the end of the world or does it mean a bunch of people will die in a week or that California will fall off into the ocean anytime soon, though that would be kinda cool.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Earth is cracking up eh?

It must've discovered Dennis Leary.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Check out the Seismo activity!!!

Live Internet Seismic Server
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are thousands of earthquakes every day. Most too small to notice. Every now and then we get a big one.

The biggest ones tend to be caused where tectonic plates are colliding or sliding alongside each other - which they wouldn't be doing if the Earth were expanding like a balloon. But maybe the Earth is contracting? After all, the core is cooling .....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The expanding earth theory is very interesting. I have wondered if matter is not just the oppisite of what we think it is. Maybe it is a void, areas of true nothingness. Conventional science says that is what space is. I have a hard time believing light waves travel through no medium. Maybe the earth (or any body of mass) can create new voids of matter. In the very center of the planet gravity is pulling very hard in all directions. Could be possible I think.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
H.A.A.R.P is what this smells like, they (Global Elite) are showing the public the lefthand so what are they doing with the right hand?????

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Earth is cracking up eh?

It must've discovered Dennis Leary.

Then I hope it quickly discovers that Dennis Leary stole all his material from Bill Hicks.

Deny ignorance even when off topic.

And back on topic:

I don't think the Earth is going through someting tremendous just yet, maybe when they have more earthquakes of this magnetude, but for now it just seems like a few big ones going off around the same time frame. Now, if something strange keeps up, like the 3.0 in Cali becomes an 8.0, or we hear more activity from Yellowstone, then I will start to worry. But even then, there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop the ground from crumbling beneath your very feet. We're only hairless apes, some hairier than others.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What if there is no such thing as subduction and the earth is actually expanding. Then the earth maybe nearing it's end as breaks apart!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Well , erm , I think all I can say is

WE'RE ALL DOOOOOOOMED, then..

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
H.A.A.R.P is what this smells like, they (Global Elite) are showing the public the lefthand so what are they doing with the right hand?????

The Prime Minister here on the news was talking about what happened and he said "This was a terrible natural disaster" and emphasized the word "natural". Just seemed weird since it would have already been obvious to everybody that it was natural anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well If you ever read the bible god talks about creating a new heaven and a new earth! Maybe he was being literal! Were All DOOOOOOOMED!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The expanding earth theory would result in a hollow core, or an area of reduced mass inside the earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Two words: DUCT TAPE!

We call for the manufacture of many megatons of duct tape, and apply it across every active fault to keep them from breaking apart. Duct tape can fix anything!

The earth is, and had been, growing since it was formed. The continents are in their current configuration and placement due to the growth. If the earth was going to split open, it would have done so by now. Perhaps the current increased activity is a growth spurt, as we see happen with adolescent human children, and saplings in the forests...

We may be in for a shaky ride for awhile, but the earth will not pop as will a balloon.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

The Prime Minister here on the news was talking about what happened and he said "This was a terrible natural disaster" and emphasized the word "natural". Just seemed weird since it would have already been obvious to everybody that it was natural anyway.

Well not everyone, obviously
Perhaps he'd been reading ATS before he went on air?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Whilst Neals is a good theory it doesn't really explain to me where the extra mass would come from to 'expand the Earth'?.

I will refer to Carl Sagan's famous quote here, "We are all made of star stuff".

The entire Solar System and everything in it is star stuff. If this is true then all matter we see, every rock, every life form etc. is from the sun and stars.

The earth and the entire solar system could be continuously growing as a result of the sun's discharge of matter:

A million tons of coronal matter is expelled every second in a solar wind to be replaced by upwelling material from the Sun's depths.

Occasionally, the sun expells as much as 10 thousand million tons of matter towards the Earth (called a coronal mass ejection ) at speeds as high as several million miles per hour (1000's kilometers per second).

source

If this is where the earth came from then the growth and formation of the earth IMO is continuous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join