It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Backs Tories and loses faith in Labour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
First of all... this comes as no suprise to me.

A year ago I stated on aire whilst looking through The Sun that it was supporting the Conservative Party and not the Labour Party. You only had to look at all the possitive write ups with regards to David Cameron and the constant critisism of Alistiar Downing and Gordon Brown. I knew then that it was going to be having a blue rosette on the side and not a red one and for my next prediction instead of a Red background for the paper logo they will most likely change to Blue background.

I was told at University that Rupert Murdoch and his press has the power to win and lose elections for political parties.

www.guardian.co.uk...

But on the otherhand, that paper is like a glory supporter, it simply backs who it thinks is going to win... but in turn changes the minds of millions of mindless individuals who in turn change the minds of other mindless individuals. This is why I hate the UK. So many idiots who dont understand anything. Believe it or not... Football/Soccer fans (not hooligans) are probably the most intelligent people in the country. Most working class and most with a fair bit of knowledge and pass down their experiances from generation to generation. So many people i know who go to games, all of whom are between the ages of 18-25 who weren't really experiancing the thatcher years and the miners strikes... all of them saying they will vote labour and never conservative and considering they know not to believe everything they hear in the newspapers it means nothing to them...

Now whilst i believe that Labour has not done a good job in the last few years I dread to think what the tories will be doing...

It would be nice to get a "close" vote whereby after general election after general election it would be no more than a 20% difference in vote... that way an opposing government would be able to keep the in term government on it's toes but with the Sun it's obviously not the case. I expect a landslide victory from the Conservaties and a second term for them as five years down the line they will be saying the usual... "We've inherited the problems of the old regime..."

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Adono86]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Adono86]

new topics

join