It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phone (Vibrating thigh Syndrome)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Mobile Phone (Vibrating thigh Syndrome)

I don't know about any of you people out in ATS land, but I've talked to friends of mine about this and they have experienced the same as me.

1) Have you ever experienced a vibrating in your upper thigh, near where your mobile phone sits in your pocket. When your phone is not on your person ??

2) If yes can you ever recall, getting a vibration in your thigh, before you had your first Mobile Phone that vibrated ?

I look forward to any responses

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have definitely experienced this and so have some of my friends, we have discussed it often, strange feeling that makes you actually feel for your phone in your pants pocket even though you know that it is not there!?
VERY STRANGE!

And NO, can't remember it ever happening before I had my first cell phone!

[edit on 30/9/09 by wiser3]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Holy cow YES! I just thought it was all in my head, despite having experienced it many many times.

I have had never experienced it before the times of mobile phones and I noticed it only happened when, or soon after, I had a mobile in my pocket.

OK, we need to investigate this more....

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I've had this as well, my left thigh vibrating enough for me to reach in and take my phone out and see if it WAS ringing. The phone in question was a Motorola V525, followed by the V635, now I have an LG viewty, and occasionally I get the vibraleg but not as often as the Motorola's.But as far as I know I have never had the vibraleg whilst NOT carrying a phone.

[edit on 30/9/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I get it quite a lot , its really frustrating if you are expecting a call!
Still get even though I now have a mobby pocket just above the knee in my trousers.
A few of my friends get it as well but it does always seem to be in the thigh area I have never spoke to anyone about that had the sensation in another part of their body.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
yes , i too get this ,

it used to worse before when i had my Motorola v635 flip phone, now i have a Samsung `Solid`, and it doenst seem as bad.

however i get it when my phone isnt in my pocket, esp when driving,
but my wife gets it when it is on her person.

it is a very strange occurance that needs looking into.

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I've not noticed it myself but I rarely have my phone on me. Gonna ask other folks though. I really just wanted to post here so I can come back to it and check on updates.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
first of all, i never let my person carry my phone. It is on my body. my person and I dont get along

but yeah, i had the motorola v525 also and i used to get the vibrating alot. Even when i had no phone on my body. Now I have LG, it still happens a little, but I can ignore it since I took off the vibrate feature.

I thought I was the only one. Its good to have friends

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

I have had it happen many times. I have also had the weird experience of having my phone in my right pocket and feeling it on my left leg or vice versa.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
wow, as crazy as this sounds, but a BIG yes!!

I especially get it after having had the phone on my person for some time. I have friends that this happened to often too!! Funny thing is, its like a definite mobile sized area that vibrates, even when your phone is not there.

I never gave it more thought than it being psychological until I saw this thread and all the replies, would be interesting to hear from more people on the subject. Being an ATSer, I immediatly jump to conclusions of radiation residue or damage or even DNA reprogramming haha

but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this phantom vibration we experience.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
LMAO I almost started a thread like this a couple of months back...but I figured I was crazy. I've noticed the vibration for years, but it doesn't happen as often now. There's gotta be a connection here, muscle memory, EMI problems...SOMETHING!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
S+F!!!

I know exactly what your talking about and yes its happened to me many times before.

Alot of my friends have experienced this also and I was talking about it with my girlfriend the other day as it happens.

I haven't got a clue what causes it but there must be some explanation. Seriously, the amount of people I know who have described this happening is unreal.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi I experienced this for several months and did the same as you, searching online quickly showed me how increasingly common this was becoming.. the conclusion that I finally came to was to cut out coffee, cut down booze, drink more water and get some exercise. I tried this and within a couple of weeks the buzzing pretty much stopped...

Do you drink a lot of coffee by any chance or take any other stimulants (fizzy drinks?) - this might have something to do with it... of course it could have been in my mind and by changing my mental attitude in trying to get a little healthier that my mind repaid me by taking away the buzzing?

Not sure - but it could be worth a try?

Best regards

B

[edit on 30-9-2009 by badBERTHA]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The 50 or so of us @ work talk of this often and we call it the phantom phone...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

It seems to be related to mobile phones, I can't speak for others but its never happened to me when my phone wasn't in my pocket.

It feels like your phone is vibrating!

Happens to me alot aswell because I have my phone in my pocket on silent 90% of the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi I pretty much thought that too but I was getting it if I had my mobile on me or not.. I also got the same sensation in the heel of my foot after it faded from my thigh. It hasn't happened in a while and I carry my phone the same now as then...so I'm not 100% sure that the phone is the total cause..

cheers

B

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Strange thing, but I will concur with the rest of the users. vibrating in my pocket even when no cell phone there. The brain must learn this sensation and occasionally get a false positive. It feels real as if it were happening. It sort of reminds me of twitching muscles. There is something to phantom nerves stimulated but as far as I know, no way to reproduce this on demand.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well this is new...I cant say that I have ever experienced this. I usually have my phone in my purse though. I very rarely have in in a pocket.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Another wow for me too! Always kept a cell phone in my left pocket for years and would get the buzzing thing. Always thought someone was calling. The problem did go away when I stopped cell service about 6 months ago. Trying to live a simpler life.... Thought it had to do with the radiation the phone was giving off myself.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Well I've never had it in other parts of my body, I have had various twitches and strange feelings with my nervous system before but they haven't felt like the phone vibrating.

Thinking on however I have told a lie, I'm pretty sure it has happened to me before when my phone hasn't been in my pocket...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join