It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to know if God speaks to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think you have to remember that every decade, there are some people believing that this is the end times. You do not know when the end times will be and anyone who says otherwise should not be trusted. Do you know how many people throughout history after Christ have said this is the end times or made silly predictions in order to build a cult-house - I mean a clubhouse for end time nuts? Because the problems we have today are rather normal, there is a great difficulty in examining when the end times truly are upon us.

Nevertheless, the whole point of believing is to prepare yourself. Read your Bible and see what has happened already.

As for God speaking to you, the best trick is not expect it. Do away with that idea and instead develop your faith in God further. Then if God chooses to speak to you, then you will know it. How? You will know it. There is a divine spark in us all and that is where you should look: inside yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Jesus is actually no relation to the Old Testament god. The OT god is a murderous compilation of deities that ruled through fear. You cannot serve two masters. When you are able to separate these two, you will begin to understand the spirit of truth.

But Jesus refers to OT prophecy constantly, as well as the prophets. God in the NT and Revelation shows that He will become violent with the non-repetant and the demons at the end. Where do you get this?

Thank you to everyone who offered suggesitons and help.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This question is answered in Proverbs 8. I recommend reading it all, but I will give you some highlights.

Proverbs 8
1Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

And then it goes on to talk about your question, the above is the preface on determining what is valuable to the father.

Proverbs 8

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

You will know because you understand. Because wisdom and understanding is how the father gives, and that is what leads the righteous on their paths.

But read the entire chapter please, so you can see it in full context. I hate to break it up so much, but gotta save space.

Also goes into Proverbs 9.

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

In my experience these things are beyond and without labels. But we as humans need a way to express things, and so we use labels. That which brings the understanding is what people refer to as the "holy ghost", but that is not a "Christian" thing, nor a thing of religion at all. Well beyond it.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Firstl the OP is sincere... and I can see your soul ask with sincerity and you will not be forgotten by God.

Secondly forget people like mocoowmn talkin about mental diseases, these are people with no spirituality whatsoever and can't form a deep thought if 3 million dollars were involved. To them nothing can exist outside the physical rhelm, nothing spiritual at all.

everything in this world is spiritual... we are spiritual beings..

Now as for the OP....

This is very simple. The bad things that enter the brain are from demonic forces. many saints went through this, many times. Infact tons of saints actually seen the demons tempting them with the eyes. Padre Pio a stigmatist preist was beaten by demons almost weekly for souls..

so they are there. And he also said that if we could see the demons in human form they would blot out the sun, there is so many of them.

God speaks to souls in solitude. And it's not forced. It just clicks in your mind. If it's inspirational, good, decent, loving, it's from God.

The negatives are from demons.

I can attest to things I have experienced in my soul over the years through communion. How much the warfare increases when you try and get closer to God.

It's like satan has targets. The closer you go to God the more he comes after the soul. Tries to destroy your faith, all those things.

There was one story, true story of a girl who wanted to listen to music and had something click in her mind one night in her room to turn on the religious channel..

The second she turned the channel on, a bullet went through her window and just missed her, she ducked just in time.

So like the last poster said, sometimes, he speaks through little signs, and sometimes through the darkness of a lonely night.

Now as for Jesus not being the God of the Ot. That's bull crap. As the prophets predicted, liars would be abundant in the end times, so don't listen to that.

Jesus was predicted in the same OT, talked about as far back as genesis and the Psalms..

peace OP! love the sincerity.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
" people say that the world is ending every decade "

That's true. but the signs are there, and it's truly close. The NWO one world order, so close, the micro chip technology, the technology we have to wipe out every human on the face of the earth.

I will go on record and say that the NWo should be in full power within 10 years..

from the things I read and the prophecies.

I hope not, but it looks that way.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
After the Day of the Lord, God will pour out his spirit on all flesh. Men and women alike, and we will dream-dreams, have visions and prophesy.. The word prophecy isn't just limited to futuristic events, prophets/prophetess can also give words of guidance.

We receive of the Spirit in the form of living water (water is poured). It is a free gift from God and it comes through his Son, the Messiah. This gift prooves to the believer, that all the testimonies contained in the Bible are the real deal. Anyone who sets their mind to finding the kingdom within - will and these are the things that any believer needs to look into, if they truly want to start a dialogue with our Living God.

With that being said, there are many ways God can choose to communicate with his children. For myself, it became one of the strongest desires of my heart, so I surrounded myself in the testimones contained in the Bible and use them as sort of a precedent. There is nothing new under the sun, what has happened will happen, anything is possible with God and great things are prepared for those who truly love him.

God communicates through his Spirit. He can use dreams, visions, night visions, the Word, messengers, and the elements.

1. Elements; seasonal rain/drought.

2. Messengers; angelic or prophet (deliver divine messages)
a. Angel Gabriel
b. Prophet - John the Baptist (though Jesus actually said that John was MORE than a prophet).

3. The Word; words in the Bible

4. Dreams; Jacob dreamed he saw a ladder reaching into heaven and angels ascending and descending on it.

5. Visions - there are three basic types.
a. external; corporeal vision, seen with the physical eyes open
b. internal; interior vision seen within the mind, with eyes closed (awake)
c. night vision; during deep sleep, where one can suddenly find their conscience witnessing something futuristic or something from the past. You are alert, out of body and know you are being taught.

All these types of visions can come with audible voice/s and sound or not.

6. His Holy Spirit; We wash the outside with water baptism, truly repent and he will turn his face towards us and forgive us. His Living water will cleanse the inside and the Son of Man will take up residence in the newly cleansed temple and that is how we will all eventually be taught by God himself.

There are many other ways too. Jesus has been known to just show up - like he did for Paul. God chose to reveal himself to Moses through a burning bush.

My advice is to look for precedents and discern within your spirit what you are being shown and told.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Secondly forget people like mocoowmn talkin about mental diseases, these are people with no spirituality whatsoever and can't form a deep thought if 3 million dollars were involved. To them nothing can exist outside the physical rhelm, nothing spiritual at all.

On the contrary my friend, it would appear that quantum entanglement and such appears to indicate there is there is much out of our field of vision.

I see no reason why nothing can exist outside of our experience whatever gave you that idea ?

However, the way our universe (and apparently another 9) operates is far removed from trying to decipher whose voice is in your head.

I currently hear a voice in my head, it is me thinking the words and thoughts that I vocalize, should another voice turn up in my head that is not recognized by me then I would sincerely "think very deeply" about getting a checkup from the neck up matey boy.

Time and again deluded xtians talk about voices in their head gods demons and such talking to them, but when we get right down to identifying whos' voice is whos', well we're just on our way down silly street.

Hearing voices in your head is called schizophrenia it is a treatable illness, you are not doing anyone any favors by encouraging people to think it's normal and they should not listen to the ones that are demons claiming to be yahwhejesus .

When will you people grow up and stop infecting society with this childish nonsense ? Provide empirical evidence of your claims and you could be treated a little more seriously than Buffy the vampire Slayer.

What would have happened do you think, if a police officer apprehended Issac just as he was going to slit his own sons throat ?

"Yes officer god told me to kill the boy, well er um it sounded like god, you know loving and peaceful. I felt very spiritual and compassionate at the time officer so it must have been jesus or yahweh, he didn't say which name he was using at the time time officer, I just knew it was god. "

"Very good Isaac I believe you, you may proceed and slit the boys throat as per jesus yahwehs instruction"

Interestingly enough the name Isaac can mean laughing, indeed, perhaps this would seem apt if the subject matter wasn't so scary.

everything in this world is spiritual... we are spiritual beings..

Needless to say this is what you choose to believe but are unable to back it up with evidence.

Now as for the OP.... This is very simple. The bad things that enter the brain are from demonic forces

Again you have no evidence for this, it is just what someone has told you and you childishly accept it as it fits in with your delusion.

many saints went through this, many times. Infact tons of saints actually seen the demons tempting them with the eyes. Padre Pio a stigmatist preist was beaten by demons almost weekly for souls..

Oh for goodness sake, who the hell tells you this nonsense Padre Pio along with probably half the RC priesthood was probably shafting some little boys and totally messed up in the head.

Needless to say, as you accept one claim by catholic priest you accept all, so one would logically deduce you are a roman catholic ? If not why not ? Why do you cherry pick whatever claims Catholicism makes ?

If you believe Padre Pio in relation to this subject, you obviously believe him for all subjects if not why not ?

Get a grip man, it's 2010 Uri Geller could not bend spoons he was lying so obviously wasn't a demon after all.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I will go on record and say that the NWo should be in full power within 10 years.. from the things I read and the prophecies. I hope not, but it looks that way.

What the hell do you mean by you hope not are you insane do you not think about the BS you spout?

If tomorrow everyone on this planet gave each other a hug and lived happily ever after, the xtianity at least, would dissolve ( I wish) into nothingness.

Do you not think deeply ? Xtianity and peace cannot co exist, if world peace existed you would be WRONG and that certainly not do.

You NEED misery, war, death , pestilence to continue and increase for without them your delusion cannot function, you'd have to think for yourself and hold your own hand.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Now as for Jesus not being the God of the Ot. That's bull crap. As the prophets predicted, liars would be abundant in the end times, so don't listen to that.

Which jesus are you discussing here ?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
God will give you answers in His own way. He will not hold up a big neon sign with your answer on it, He will go around and VERY SUBTLY give you the answer or advice, or whatever it is that you want. He will make what you want to happen (if it is not evil) in a very indirect way). He will influence factors that to some humans, particularly ignorant ones, do not see. Keep your eyes open...WIDE OPEN

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What the hell do you mean by you hope not are you insane do you not think about the BS you spout?

If tomorrow everyone on this planet gave each other a hug and lived happily ever after, the xtianity at least, would dissolve ( I wish) into nothingness.

Do you not think deeply ? Xtianity and peace cannot co exist, if world peace existed you would be WRONG and that certainly not do.

You NEED misery, war, death , pestilence to continue and increase for without them your delusion cannot function, you'd have to think for yourself and hold your own hand.

(mocowmn)

No Bull s*** we don't need misery and war , God this is beyond retarded. Everybody reading hs to know this. Just like a spammar always does. lies, twist, s*** twist more than kids play twister.. and crap to make their lie seem legit.

God said blessed are the peacemakers. love your enemies.

Again you have no evidence for this, it is just what someone has told you and you childishly accept it as it fits in with your delusion.
(MOCO)

Hmmm. If it's a delusion to you you already made your mind up. So how can anything be proved to you? ownage dare I say?

(MOCO)

We NEED misery? You pathetic loser! I hate violence. basically you just generalized all Xtians by saying they love death. Your a grade A not B bias little you know what.

Just like me saying all athiest want sex only. You just owned yourself again.. and the reader knows it.

delusion?

Please. wait till WW3 hits your ass in the ass, than come see me about delusion. Is the NWo and last WW gonna happen. Yes.

Do i want it to? No....

and btw that post had so many irrelevant statements, I'll leave it at that.

peace.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

[edit on 2-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake, who the hell tells you this nonsense Padre Pio along with probably half the RC priesthood was probably shafting some little boys and totally messed up in the head.

Needless to say, as you accept one claim by catholic priest you accept all, so one would logically deduce you are a roman catholic ? If not why not ? Why do you cherry pick whatever claims Catholicism makes ?

If you believe Padre Pio in relation to this subject, you obviously believe him for all subjects if not why not ?

Get a grip man, it's 2010 Uri Geller could not bend spoons he was lying so obviously wasn't a demon after all.

(moco)

Hmmm generalizing Padre and the priest hood? Boy your bias as hell. You don't know jack s*** about Padre. I believe in him and what he has done.

No. many people and saints seen demons, christ cast them out, and it's been a belief not just by padre Pio. WTH? bending spoons... Look padre Pio cured a dead girl in Church and a women with no pupils, had the stigmata for 50 strait years and was beaten by demons in his room with witnesses.

For you to compare that to uri geller is insane.

Look at you. All that pent up hatred for Xtians, you can't even say our names right on purpose...

Come on, I aint going back and forth with you, you are obviously sanier then me. Sanier then thou or smarter than thou..

damn I thought it was only us.

after death MOCO you will see what I mean and what demons are.

I'll let time do my talking.

peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
On the contrary my friend, it would appear that quantum entanglement and such appears to indicate there is there is much out of our field of vision.

I see no reason why nothing can exist outside of our experience whatever gave you that idea ?

However, the way our universe (and apparently another 9) operates is far removed from trying to decipher whose voice is in your head.

I currently hear a voice in my head, it is me thinking the words and thoughts that I vocalize, should another voice turn up in my head that is not recognized by me then I would sincerely "think very deeply" about getting a checkup from the neck up matey boy.

Time and again deluded xtians talk about voices in their head gods demons and such talking to them, but when we get right down to identifying whos' voice is whos', well we're just on our way down silly street.

Hearing voices in your head is called schizophrenia it is a treatable illness, you are not doing anyone any favors by encouraging people to think it's normal and they should not listen to the ones that are demons claiming to be yahwhejesus .

When will you people grow up and stop infecting society with this childish nonsense ? Provide empirical evidence of your claims and you could be treated a little more seriously than Buffy the vampire Slayer.

What would have happened do you think, if a police officer apprehended Issac just as he was going to slit his own sons throat ?

"Yes officer god told me to kill the boy, well er um it sounded like god, you know loving and peaceful. I felt very spiritual and compassionate at the time officer so it must have been jesus or yahweh, he didn't say which name he was using at the time time officer, I just knew it was god. "

"Very good Isaac I believe you, you may proceed and slit the boys throat as per jesus yahwehs instruction"

Interestingly enough the name Isaac can mean laughing, indeed, perhaps this would seem apt if the subject matter wasn't so scary.

MOCO)

" we are all on our way down silly street "

No that would be sane pride street, right on the corner of smart athiest drive.

right?

Come on. because you haven't seen the supernatural you call Xtians crazy? Of course.

When will you people grow up and stop infecting society with this childish nonsense ? Provide empirical evidence of your claims and you could be treated a little more seriously than Buffy the vampire Slayer

(MOCO)

And when will you stop being so bias? It's not nonsense to 100s of saints and Christ himself. We are in a spiritual reality you will witness after death.

And you provide evidence that people who are perfectly healthy without the imbalance of mental illness don't hear voices.

It's in normal people. I know of many cases of normal healthy souls who have thoughts in their heads of good and bad nature..

Schizophrenia is a chemical imbalance and in my opinion is spiritual and can be cured through spiritual means.

The soul is sick.

Because I know for a fact that people who have been cured of similar mental diseases have not recovered fully, with medication and the likes, after going back to the doctors and finding the imbalance gone, YET they still have the same problems.

this is what scientists or doctors like to deem.. as a chemical imbalance only thing.

it's spiritual also..

Doctors cannot explain what i just wrote above because I have seen it persoanlly.

medication doesn't make the soul recover.

sanity is a grace from God.

Just like love is a grace.

not prideful sanity, like I'm so sane, nothing can shake me. No no, humble peacful sanity.

and bringing up isaac? comeon.... isaac seen God, just like the prophets did. How do you know he didn't?

and it was only a test.

again irrelevant...

peace Mocowmn, the sane one.

I can't wait until proof is given to you after death.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Which jesus are you discussing here ?
(MOCO)

Since Oh sane one... LOL, no, I'll let you have the last say, because this is circular argument all day and I love you too much as a person to keep going back and forth with anger.

So on that note, my last answer is...

The Jesus of the OT and NT..

Now one more for the OP.

Trust me, there is a spiritual war going on, God speaks through signs and all things positive.

all you have to do is enjoy life and don't worry about the end. God will do the rest.

bye op

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Schizophrenia is a chemical imbalance and in my opinion is spiritual and can be cured through spiritual means.

Considering your recent ramblings I wouldnt think religion has cured you of any mental diesease

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oz I wasn't talking about all UK people I was talking about the spammars.

every one I seen is from UK.

forgive me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join