It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to know if God speaks to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
God said in the End Times you will know when He speaks to you. I believe we are in the End Times and I love God and His Son. I admit not being the best person and knowing I am not up to God's standards. But how do you know if He speaks to you and it's not your mind or a demon or whatever?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
one advice:

keep mouth shut and listen.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

I have no friggin clue on this one....
I still have yet to receive an answer to any of my prayers...even prayers for advice and guidence...still no word from him....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darky5K
God said in the End Times you will know when He speaks to you. I believe we are in the End Times and I love God and His Son. I admit not being the best person and knowing I am not up to God's standards. But how do you know if He speaks to you and it's not your mind or a demon or whatever?

Wow now theres a question for you lol.

Wish I had an answer for you. I am one fo those people whos heart desperately wants to believe in God. So much do I want this to be true but allthough I have search I can say I dont think I have had anything happen to try and confirm this for me.

My mind tells me that the bible is just stories and nothing more. I think maybe there probably once was some truth in the bible but it has since been lost due to mankinds nature to change the history for the benefits of there agenda.However I have read the bible a few times and I think the parts about Jesus and a few other bits have some really good lessons to live by.

I do believe that there was a person called Jesus though, not so sure about the walking on water etc though.

Having said all that though if I am wrong I would be happy.

Just want to say that I am not try to upset anyone by this post it is merely how I feel at this moment and like I said it would be the best if I am wrong.

I try to live by Jesus teachings though mostly it is true that this world needs Love and compassion over all the other nonsense that is going on.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

It must be a daily torture for xtians to try and separate all the voices in their heads, demons, jesus ,god, angels pastor mike

The word schizophrenia comes to mind, perhaps religious people should ask their god to writ down what it wants to communicate to them so as it doesn't get mixed up with all the other voices and the speaking ion tongues gibberish.

[yvid][yvid]
.[/yvid][/yvid]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by moocowman]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is a very interesting and complex question. I wish I could give you some advice, but the only thing I can tell you is that you'll only know when you know. There's always the possibility you will think you know when you don't know, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when you know. I think it would be extremely difficult for me to know. I think I would continue to question while others would have believed much sooner. But I'm sure even I would break at some point and believe I knew before I truly knew.

There's one thing I am pretty sure of though, is that you really can't trust anyone to give you proper advice in the matter. If God truly talked to you and he told you something that wasn't in the bible, you're likely to have religious folks telling you God wouldn't say that, it's not biblical, etc. If what you're told doesn't fit into the mold exactly, you'll be told it's Satan or demons. Unless it's just some general good advice, like don't get in the car or you'll get in an accident. But if it sounds out-of-the-ordinary, you just can't really listen to anyone's advice if God is talking to you. You're pretty much alone.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would guide you.

The Holy Spirit is defined in scriptures as "the Spirit of Truth".

Learning to weigh evidence is part of this training of your spirit.
Also knowing if it concurs with the principles that Jesus taught.
Your conscience trains you in developing this Holy Spirit within yourself.

When you "know" something is true...it feels right, the evidence supports it, you "know" it from inside of yourself. Some call it 'intuition'.

The scripture says the Spirt of Truth within you will "bear witness"...in other words, your 'intuition' will give you the confirmation when something is true or right. You must be guided by your own conscience.

Jesus is actually no relation to the Old Testament god. The OT god is a murderous compilation of deities that ruled through fear. You cannot serve two masters. When you are able to separate these two, you will begin to understand the spirit of truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
This is a very interesting and complex question. I wish I could give you some advice, but the only thing I can tell you is that you'll only know when you know. There's always the possibility you will think you know when you don't know, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when you know.
There's one thing I am pretty sure of though, is that you really can't trust anyone to give you proper advice in the matter. If God truly talked to you and he told you something that wasn't in the bible, you're likely to have religious folks telling you God wouldn't say that, it's not biblical, etc. If what you're told doesn't fit into the mold exactly, you'll be told it's Satan or demons and all that. You just can't really listen to anyone's advice if God talks to you. You're pretty much alone.

I really do believe this as when I was young I used to attend a church and because I used to question things they would tell me "You should just have faith" etc etc. This was what first really turned me away from the church. That and the fact the Pastor demanded 10% of your wages every month (so he could live in his big house and drive his jaguar). If God is up there and he is our father he would not force this kind of rubbish on us, plus we give of our own accord to worthy causes anyway. We do it because we want to make the world better not because we have to hand over our 10%.

Maybe its said best in Angels and Demons:

"Father, Faith is a gift I am yet to receive"

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here is my pastors formula. Praise, if you are praising God, demons and the like can't hang around. Make sure you have the Holy Ghost. The keep praying no matter how long it takes until you have your answer. It takes longer the first few times because you have to pray past alot of crud if you are the type who only prays on Sundays. Just keep praying. Pray while you are driving, cleaning whatever, just keep at it. It may take a few days so despair. Have faith. Don't doubt that you will get your answer. Doubt can be a huge barrier. Just make up your mind that you 100% expect an answer. Like my pastor says (well not in these exact words) bug God to death until you get an answer.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Thats why I love my pastor, he works a 9-5 job for what he has. offerings and tithe go to the church only. I personally pray for increases in faith, thats the only way I get faith. I don't "just have faith" I'm skeptical by nature, and I believe god works with that. He relates to all of us based on our unique personalities, so what he says to one person is not going to be the same as what he would say to the next.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
May I ask what was said?

Also was there a unique characteristic that you might be willing to share too?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by tempest501

Thats why I love my pastor, he works a 9-5 job for what he has. offerings and tithe go to the church only. I personally pray for increases in faith, thats the only way I get faith. I don't "just have faith" I'm skeptical by nature, and I believe god works with that. He relates to all of us based on our unique personalities, so what he says to one person is not going to be the same as what he would say to the next.

Sounds like your Pastor maybe one of the good guys. Like I said my heart desperately wants to believe but my head just wont let me. I do try and talk to God anyway though even though my head tells me there is no use. Maybe you can keep me in your thoughts, never know I might get my gift of faith then too lol.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If you want to know when God talks to you personally, listen to what he says. Afterwards, ask a nearby person if they heard anything at all. If no, it was god. If yes, it was a loudspeaker.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
If you want to know when God talks to you personally, listen to what he says. Afterwards, ask a nearby person if they heard anything at all. If no, it was god. If yes, it was a loudspeaker.

lol that gave me such a laugh hehe

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
With all that is going on in the world i don't think god has the time to speak to anyone

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Hi Darky/

Your honesty is what God seeks....And to quote you///
'' I admit not being the best person and knowing I am not up to God's standards.''
Right there is your humilty present!
Satan has no humility and resents those that humble themselves...
Don't wait for God to speak to you because Satan's deceptive demons are ready to trap you into becoming a prophet like spokesperson for God.
Take away all pride and pray in humility for others as well as for your family and friends...in prayer,seek strength to keep your faith alive,even when the times are hard or when it seems that God is not listening.
An Ancient Prayer....
Prayer of the heart ....an Ancient Christian practise by Desert monks,Fathers who perfected the hermit life with prayers and fasting...
The prayer ''Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me a sinner'' keep this prayer in your mind,repeating it slowly whenever you are able...in time, it remains in your mind and heart....it was used in times of demon attacks by the desert monks.
Satan fell because of Pride,and knew not humilty.
Admitting to one's mistakes and wrong doings is Satans weakness and therefore uses man to match his pride!
It is in use today by the Monks of 'Mount Athos'...'Prayer of the Heart' Ancient Christianity alive today
And another is the Philokalia~ translates to Good Friend~

Take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

God sees the part of us no one else can see. He sees into our hearts and knows the true us. You may not be as bad as you think you are. Since you honestly question your goodness it seems you are a far better person than most.

Jesus says to test all spirits. I would assume that even God would know Jesus said this and he himself would past the test.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Hi Darky/

Your honesty is what God seeks....And to quote you///
'' I admit not being the best person and knowing I am not up to God's standards.''
Right there is your humilty present!
Satan has no humility and resents those that humble themselves...
Don't wait for God to speak to you because Satan's deceptive demons are ready to trap you into becoming a prophet like spokesperson for God.
Take away all pride and pray in humility for others as well as for your family and friends...in prayer,seek strength to keep your faith alive,even when the times are hard or when it seems that God is not listening.
An Ancient Prayer....
Prayer of the heart ....an Ancient Christian practise by Desert monks,Fathers who perfected the hermit life with prayers and fasting...
The prayer ''Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me a sinner'' keep this prayer in your mind,repeating it slowly whenever you are able...in time, it remains in your mind and heart....it was used in times of demon attacks by the desert monks.
Satan fell because of Pride,and knew not humilty.
Admitting to one's mistakes and wrong doings is Satans weakness and therefore uses man to match his pride!
It is in use today by the Monks of 'Mount Athos'...'Prayer of the Heart' Ancient Christianity alive today
And another is the Philokalia~ translates to Good Friend~

Take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

How are you so sure? How do you get to that point where you are so sure?

I would love to know because i really do want what you say to be true because these are some dark times. I just got married and would love to have kids soon but its really scares me what they would have to live in by the time there adults.

I sure hope there is a higher being up there I really do. But I cant just believe it to ease my mind if that makes sense. Its like a constant struggle between my brain and my heart. Like I say I dont want to believe out of convieniance to ease my mind. How can we get confirmation how did you guys get there?

Sorry if i am not making much sense its hard to get what I am trying to relate into words.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by Darky5K

I have no friggin clue on this one....
I still have yet to receive an answer to any of my prayers...even prayers for advice and guidence...still no word from him....

You can find your advice guidance in the Bible.
Thanks,
TT

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You can see the signs around you in the world that the Bible talks about.
If you accepted Christ then you are justified. You don't have to worry about standards.

God speaks to us in many different ways. He can use a road sign that has verses on it, radio, people, the Bible, etc...
If you hear a voice(s) telling you to do bad things, then it's not from God even if it sounds like your voice. It's from the devil. The devil can speak to us in our mind making us think it's us thinking bad things.

Thanks,
TT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join