It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a consciousness shift really happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
As I had stated in another thread (though it wasn't as clear I'd have liked it to be)...

Well, if this is a oneness thing people talk of...then really not much can happen in 2012 because some peoples containers may not let them even realize there is a consciousness shift.
unless something magically has everybody snap out of whatever and we're all on the same wave length.

That's probably a whole other thread on it's own.

I think you get the picture. I decided to make this a thread just to get a general feel of all of this.
What do you think? Does this shift have any probability of happening?

It seems to be either between the end of the world, huge catastrophic events, or an awakening.

I have my doubts about this dec/21/12 date to be like some cheezy Hollywood movie ending where everyone begins to realize things.
I would be nice...can it happen as people are saying it will?

More, and more each day I have a hard time seeing how we can all just one day snap out of all of our ignorance/stupidity and wake up all the sudden.
There's some people who......yea, I just don't see it happening.

I don't think something to this suggested magnitude can happen.

If it's about oneness....doesn't that include everyone? All humans?

Can all of our species make a change?

Let me know if I am being negative, but I just don't see how that works or maybe my questions show a lack of understanding of exactly what this consciousness shift means.

Someone, please, enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Consciousness shifts happen everyday - not all of them are as spectacular as the predicted 2012 scenarios and surrounding hype.

I just had a minor one this morning! (It's trivial and unimportant, so I won't bore you with details.)

But to think that everyone, everywhere will be shifting simotaneously to the same playing field in a single mass event is a bit unlikely.

The biggest misnomer I see with the 2012 hype scenario is that too many people are profiting off the hysteria. It seems to be the topic du jour - and even the "experts" themselves aren't in complete and total agreement with one another. Similarities in theory, yes - but nothing that makes me want to drop everything and jump on the bandwagon with them.

However, the discussion coming out of the predictions is tending to get like minded people together in a conversational format (which in itself can be viewed as a "shift" of sorts)- but even within that format there are relative levels of understanding on the subject.

In other words - everyone is taking in the information in their own way, with their own ideas of manifestation, and their own feelings and thoughts about how they'd react in said scenario.

I'm a proponent of alternate timelines - or, if you prefer - the manifestation of individuated realities according to some Higher Law, but the factors that determine who goes where and to what level aren't an exact science. There are too many factors at play to make any precise predictions about anyone's life path (alone or in a group) to even begin to touch on a single, massive event that affects ALL of humanity.

In a nutshell - I'd focus more time and energy towards a desirable future as oppossed to an unwanted one.

Too much time worrying just stresses the body and mind, weakens the immune system and makes one to open to suggestion by those who would seek to profit or gain off another's confusion and/or fears.

In other words - massive shift affecting EVERYONE-EVERWHERE?

Highly unlikely.

*edit to appease the spelling gods.

[edit on 9/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well I guess the problem is that the powers that be don't understand the spiritual nature of things. We are surrounded by materialism, and our governments treats us like some robots who are only needed for labor (read: slavery).

We are ruled by madmen. The world is being ripped apart by wars, economical crisis, social problems. I guess it comes down to the individual: all these problems are caused by earthly desires, lower emotions.

Let me be frank: the whole problem is psychospiritual. People are not in harmony. We should be evolving into every direction, positively, learning more and more, but the modern system is holding us back.

I think we should be inventing new ecological technologies, researching medicine, search ourselves, learn to understand our surroundings and live in harmony.

People are too busy fighting each other, being greedy, mean and feeding on these lower emotions.

That's what I think. Some of this is happening now, but possibly not enough. Catastrophes have always happened, maybe it's part of the plan.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Good thread...this is one of the most important topics of our time...

I agree with most of what General Eyes says...

- I think the most important fact is reality is constantly branching off. So, we will all get the reality we need at a deep level.

- Focusing on 2012 either as a doom or rapture scenario is dangerous either way because it makes you complacent. Why bother trying to do anything when the world will end...So I stay away from that. I think the world will be different in 2012 though....

- The music and visuals for the trailer to the 2012 movie is right out of Kubrick's The Shining. Ask yourself why. Who benefits?

- Don't worry too much about trying to save the world, just spread the info and do the best you can. Check the thread in my signature... that's the best I can do.... Whatever happens I feel my conscience is more clear now...

- Our job, as more aware people- is to give the info to others, but its their choice to do what they want with it.

- I try and surround myself with positivity and beauty, without forgetting the suffering in the world. Its a hard balance to strike. 80/20 is a good mix.

- I think the consciousness shift will be massive, but it will take place over a decade or so... There will be big days along the way though. maybe disclosure/contact. *maybe*

- Keep visualising the world you want, and work towards it... Exponential communication means none of us are weak.

- The enterprise to turn the Earth around is massive... From organic farmers to Susan Boyle to Luke Rudowski to Linus Pauling to all the millions of people supporting them.

- I try and think of my life and energy as like a 'many world's ship' sailing through infinity.

- Its all about reaching tipping point milimetre by milimetre.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Well I guess the problem is that the powers that be don't understand the spiritual nature of things. We are surrounded by materialism, and our governments treats us like some robots who are only needed for labor (read: slavery).

Let me be frank: the whole problem is psychospiritual. People are not in harmony. We should be evolving into every direction, positively, learning more and more, but the modern system is holding us back.

People are too busy fighting each other, being greedy, mean and feeding on these lower emotions.

You are exactly on target.

TPTB are actually spiritual masters and they know that if they let us become connected spiritually to the higher levels they will be in trouble. So what do they do?

Lower the vibrations.

Greed, materialism, sex, drugs, wars, financial woes, video games, entertainment industry, the list can go on and on.

Imagine instead of waging wars we'd wage peace and instead of greed we'd see how many people we can help. This world would be turned right around but eh, that's not profitable and people would wake up

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I always thought 2012 awakening mass enlightenment would be a time where people like us and many people around the world wake up and realise that most of the times inside these stupid superstitions and history(Mayan calander) are merely just dates and nothing more, people wake up to realise that there everyday life is just useless and tomorrow is going to be the same, not the end of the world, people want somthing to happen to find nothing happens... so they create somthing.

Those are just somthing that i've thought about for a while, because i'm still yet to believe anything about 2012... there's not one shred of factual evidence in this day an age that suggests that somthing massive is going to happen in 2012(other then solar storms, which you an i will not notice that much)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by allsoppeople wake up to realise that there everyday life is just useless and tomorrow is going to be the same

Yeah..

This is also one thing: the 2012 and the timewave theory was founded by McKenna, I guess he didn't plan it to be such a massive phenomenon. Now all these new age movements are jumping the bandwagon.

It was brought to the west by the psychedelic culture.

Life CAN be exciting, every day. Why it's not, is part of the problem that is tightening it's grip on people. It's kind of hilarious, sad and enraging to see, that they are trying to control on something that is growing out of the box.

It's kind of hard to explain what i mean.

I think we are very limited mentally and spiritually (don't really like the term) because of the mental cage we are in, and because of the ill ideas that has been fed to us.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We can go round and round in circles saying what's wrong with the world and blaming TPTB and other people. We can back-slap and high-five each other for our deep insights, but until people focus on practical SOLUTIONS its all just self-congratulatory talk- subtle excuses for doing nothing.

I agree with a lot of the responsesto the OP.... but they've all been said millions of times. What's the point of saying it again?..............-We've been lied too, people are lazy, politicians are greedy....

Why keep inanely repeating this stuff like its news?

The main question should be:

What practical steps can be taken by awake and aware individuals to facilitate and quicken a positive change in consciousness?

[edit on 19f20093pmWed, 30 Sep 2009 18:30:14 -050014 by HiAliens]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Snap out of ignorance/stupidity? Why would this shift snap into effect and change everyones intelligence? That sounds more like a genies wish! =] So why not instead, have the shift snap you into a more harmonious/loving state?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

That's more of what I meant to say. I was more eluding to love/peace.

This 2012 sounds like an "and all the sudden the next day" everyone will have an awakening of consciousness.
Magical thinking?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

I heard its gradual not instant, which sounds like whats going on.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It'd be nice if this consciousness shift could happen, but something tells me it's nearly impossible for ALL to be awakened.

I see maybe a large number of people could, but others...I just don't see it.
I mean, some just simply don't even know what is going on half the time.

top topics

join