It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i want to make a website. got ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hey^^,look im into html,css,training,i need to be good so i can get a nice job,so i want to make some cool site,but i dont have an idea or inspiration what site to make ):
got any ideas? maybe like a mini message board,or news site from some members of the site,or u want some site?
if u have ideas do write (:
im pretty l33tXD so i wont do a crappy site,its all about perfection for me

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

its all about perfection for me

I really don't see that to be true. To be honest, no one is going to take you serious unless you post in actual sentences that have a subject, verb, and proper capitalization and punctuation. So here's my idea. Take some pride in your posts and then you'll be taken more seriously. And can the l33t speak. It's cute for texting, but comes across a sloppy in real life.

If you really want to make a site, then do something that interests you. Say away from message boards. There's no need to create yet another one and you'll be hard-pressed to actually make something that competes with what's already out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
well its kinda hard,im still from a non-english speaking country,and i guess i have trouble expressing my opinions in an "inteligent way",i putted l33t only as a joke. i just dont have an idea what site to do,something meaningfull it has to be ):

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pick something that interests you. It could be anything really.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've been giving this some thought, but I can't think of anything particularly original.

I would agree that it should be about something that interests you, or that you are good at.

Yesterday, I had a strong feeling that I'd like to go to the beach. Could you do a site that included videos of beaches or mountains? No commentary, just walk along the shore so that the viewer could 'walk' with you and enjoy the sea (or hills).

The only other thing I can think of is to buy a load of plain black t-shirts and a silk screen printer. You could put your own designs on the t-shirts and sell them from the site and link it to ebay to attract more customers.

My only other piece of advice would be to make the site navigation very easy. I've been to some sites where I've felt as if I was in a rat-run and given up in frustration.

My interests are pretty well catered for on the net. There's not much I can't find if I google it so I can't think of a gap in the market just now.

If you think I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask, although I think it would be unlikely that I could do much.

new topics

top topics

join