It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And they keep coming for your kids....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

"I was freaked out. I was blown away," she said. "I got on the phone immediately, called my husband, then I called all the girls" — that is, the mothers whose kids she watches — "every one of them."

Snyder's predicament has led to a debate in Michigan about whether a law that says no one may care for unrelated children in their home for more than four weeks each calendar year unless they are licensed day-care providers needs to be changed. It also has irked parents who say they depend on such friendly offers to help them balance work and family.

Inch by inch....they crawl on their bellies ready to take them. When will you stomp them out?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by PenandSword]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PenandSword

I'll bet you anything that this law exists because of a day care union of some sort.

Who would be to blame then?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What I would like to know is ho spilled the beans on her.
Is surely was not one of the other parents. Who would give up a good thing like that.
Something other agenda is at work here.
Some busy body teacher or bus driver must have slipped the lips to the VIP's.

I would bet that you are spot on about the union thing.

Either that or someone else asked for the favor and for unfortunate reasons was denied.
So they turned coats and ratted everyone out.

I feel sorry for the kids. I have no doubt that was a brighter part of their day.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I guess the volunteering of public service and charity Obama goes on and on about doesn't count unless the gov't - federal, state, or both - have their hands in the charity's pockets.

Yeah, we're encouraged to rat on our neighbors and be their watchful nemesis, but by all means, not to help them out of the goodness of our hearts.

America is getting sicker by the day.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow, I think I read something about something similar in England. Michigans got enough problems as it is and this is just an unnecissary one. When I was a teenager me and my friends would hang out at eachothers houses all the time before and after school, our moms would cook us dinner and breakfast. So I ask what is the problem with this? And I wasn't aware there was a day care union?

[edit on 9/30/2009 by TheAntiHero420]

top topics

join