It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones: Patriot? or, Controlled Opposition & NWO Mouthpiece?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Jones, like Rush Limbaugh and Fox news are in the business of appealing to their audience and making profit and thats that. Sometimes they tell the truth, talk the facts, but obviously if it suits their viewership. Their viewers and followers prefer to keep it that way whether through denial or just ignorances and thats their choice. If these guys are making a killin' of appealing to what people want to hear, thats their freedom. More money to them.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well, he recently have proven himself to be just that. But eh. I remember your views about that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaotix

Well if there ever were the prospect of a looming police state crackdown in the good 'ol US of A, troops on the street, the works - where would the opposition come from, which would precipitate it, and foment it? And if another Timothy McVey type is ever involved, even himself as part of some eleborate reverse sting operation, as a lone madman, homegrown terrorist - what kind of profile do you think would be painted..? Perhaps the type that the Glen Beck's and the Bill O'Reilly's would be salivating to report on maybe..?

Just think it through all the way, that's all I'm asking.

There's good and bad in everything, and a little caution and scepticism is always healthy.

He goes WAY over the top sometimes, like during that Y2K scare, and incites people to PANIC, if at all possible..

A little distance from him and his rantings might not be such a bad thing for a movement that is beginning to gain some real traction and credibility with the public.

He is not the leader of the 9/11 truth movement, no one is. It's a movement of the truth itself. There is no leader and none is needed - just a rise in clear eyed conscious awareness, capable of sifting fact from fiction and fearmongering.

And most of the information presented by Alex Jones did not begin with him, but eminated from the tireless work of so many people everywhere.

We've just got to be careful, and his worldview is dangerous. Yes, some of it IS true, but not all. It's not all entirely congruent with reality as it really is, and you shouldn't get your worldview from any one source either.

And his complete demonization of Obama is also I believe over the top, as it is with many of the people who post at ATS who go right along with it.

Oh he's big finance, no doubt, but he aint George W Bush, Dick Cheney or Ghouliani.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaotix

i agree,on your comment for me the same i always felt something is off.
he pointed it out to me.

all a can say about him is that he sometimes should let people talk without interferring.

this guy will be part off usa history putting his ass on the line,
we should all be like that, no matter on what side he is on it is time to

PICK!!! A!!! SIDE!!!

what if he is not???? and telling the truth all along.

does it matter is or this (APT) debunk only??????

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I agree with the first part, not the second part. Particularly in the case of AJ as he is exploiting people in a destructive manner by driving them into a deeper paranoid state with his drivel just so he can make some $$$.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaotix

Yes! We must all not question and follow Alex Jones!!! Um, do you not see the problems with this logic??? Especially given what he claims to encourage you to do?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I agree with the first part, not the second part. Particularly in the case of AJ as he is exploiting people in a destructive manner by driving them into a deeper paranoid state with his drivel just so he can make some $$$.

He's engaging in an extreme type of psychological warfare in and of itself, but it's hard to see when you're "in it" and residing in that worldview.

Sometimes it's a good thing to just stop listening to him, stop posting here, and go live a little and get back to normal.

This stuff can drive a person mad, and young people who are more impressionable, it can form their entire worldview, but reality is still "out there", with friends, loved ones, blue skies, twittering bird and white fluffy clouds - it's called LIFE, and we MUST NOT FORSAKE THAT, ever, and it starts to fade after a while, when you get too heavily involved in all this stuff.

A little sanity, and some breathing space is needed sometimes, and on that note, I'm going to bed and not coming to ATS for a while.

Good night!

Best Regards,

OP

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well it's really hard to tell which one he really is, there are points for both sides

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I tend to go the other route and take a vast amount of the subjects discussed on this site with a grain of salt. And well, use it in my continuing studies into my fellow humans. This place is a great psychological case study. 8)
Good night and have fun.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaotix

I agree 100%, most of the posts that regard him as NWO/mouthpiece are just jealous that he has so many millions of listeners, Alex is most definetally the leader in the fight against tyrany, also note that he posts all of his videos and movies online for FREE, you can sign up to support him, ofcourse he also has to feed his family and pay his people to do the research and supply the videos

he is not a con-artist, he uses the main-stream against the main-stream, all the information is freely available to people threads like this do no help. People like ddavid ickie do no help, he's related on no note to alex jones, alex has stated many times he doesn't like david because of his bull*SNIP* on reptilians

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I just don't like the way, he doesn't let his guests speak. He always talks over the top trying to control the conversation on his terms. There is never ANY debate on his show. Never any opposing views. Then he does all the voice overs for the advertisers, makes it lose credibility, I mean the show is basically 50% advertisements. maybe that's just an American thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Always follow the truth, never follow one person for it.

Do your own thinking, and i believe that somethings he is saying is true but others we have to be cautious about it, and really think if its plausible.

"power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Trust is power don't give it away too much.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Khaotix

Yes! We must all not question and follow Alex Jones!!! Um, do you not see the problems with this logic??? Especially given what he claims to encourage you to do?

And where in my post did I say that anybody should not question Alex Jones, or that anybody should follow him for that matter? I guess you came up with that all by yourself.

No matter what anyone thinks of him you cannot deny that he has brought thousands upon thousands of people into this movement. Surely we can only thank the man for that???

I cannot count the amount of posts I have seen regarding how he has 'lost the plot' and is 'hurting the truth movement' just because he is passionate and maybe a little eccentric. For me that just adds to my belief that he is for real and not trying to put a front on, he is just being himself. Is that a crime now aswell?

I also think that people who try to drag his name through the mud for no apparent reason are doing more harm than they realise. Say someone stumbles across ATS, someone who isnt 'in the know' with this kind of stuff, and reads some of the rubbish people post about Alex Jones on here, will they be less inclined or more inclined to check one of his very informative, FREE videos out?

Dont get me wrong I am all for people having their own opinions but I have yet to see anyone come up with a solid argument against him being just a patriot, please point me in the direction of any posts that add real weight to your theory of him being a NWO mouthpiece, I would be more than interested in reading them.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And yes he annoys the hell out of me when he talks over people aswell. 8)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I woke up to the NWO b/c of Alex Jones. I was living in Austin and caught his tv show in the access channel; my roommate and I used to laugh at what he said, but Alex would say, 'don't believe me, do your own research.' So we did, and eventually we thought, 'ok, this guy is annoying but he might have a point.'

Because of his tv show, I did research and stumbled upon this site, and other sites. So if he were to be a shill or whatever he is, then, why would he be trying to wake people up?

I have heard his radio show lately and it really annoys me when he says, 'i got tons of news to cover, but ill open up the lines.' Then many times you hear a lot of useless calls, so why not just cover the news?

Honestly, I have no idea if the man is real or not, but because of his show, I ended up doing the research and finding out about the NWO; prior to that, I truly believed the world leaders were just trying to do their best for humanity! Really pathetic.

I also know of other people in the austin area that thought Alex Jones was crazy, but like me, sat down, did some research, and now they are aware of what's going on.

But I think the main thing is to do your own research, take in different points of views, and go with what resonates with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Guys seriously think.
Why would NWO hire someone to start a revolution against themselves?
Some people think that anyone that can make there own DVD's and website must be a part of the NWO because it's too good to be true.

I been following Alex Jones work some what since he did the Bohemian Grove thing.

Alex Jones is still good in my book as long as he is waking people up.
Same with David Icke.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaotix

To paraphrase my signature, "Just because you are not aware of it does not mean it does not exist." and a vast majority of us only see what we want to see anyway if not all of us *yes I include myself in that possibility*, rather like that situation you no doubt rationalized away in accordance with his excuses despite at least part of it being blatantly false if you knew the about the technical aspects. And besides, no one, not even ones you hold to be heros are above scrutiny. Otherwise you are no better than those you condemn as sheeple, if of course you are one of the many that does.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Alex Jones helped expand my awareness of the New World Order. Without him, I would have never paid 9/11, Bilderberg, or the Council of Foreign Relations any mind. He's very much not a shill when he's waking people up. The NWO doesn't want you to be aware of what it's doing. It wants you asleep and compliant.

But I'll agree, the interrupting of guests is annoying. I think he might get a wee bit too excited at times and that hurts his interviewing style.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Again, you seem to be confusing the issue here. I have already said that I do not think it is a good idea for people to blindly follow Alex Jones and I also thought I made clear that he is not above scrutiny.

For me this theory that he is a NWO mouthpiece has one major flaw which I, among other posters on this thread, have already said in previous posts - If he is a NWO mouthpiece then why is he constantly warning the enemy about his sides' evil plans?

The only reason I could possibly think of is he could be purposely angering the public in order to cause them to revolt and therefore speed up the whole NWO agenda. Possible, but in my heart of hearts I dont think this is the case.

Please just answer that question somebody and I will be happy.

And if all you can come up with is 'he is in it for the money' dont bother replying.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Khaotix]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am not sure but I know 1 thing he does sell a lot of stuff I would like to think he is with us but looks like he is making a lot of money i listen to him everyday becuase A lot he says seems true but we just don't know until it all goes done but if he is with the Tyrants then he talks a lot of **** on them.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join