It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Mysterious, unregistered security firm policing Montana town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Reports: Mysterious, unregistered security firm policing Montana town

rawstory.com

A mysterious, reportedly unregistered and almost entirely unknown private security firm by the name "American Police Force" is causing a stir in a small Montana town for apparently impersonating local police.

According to a local media report, APF representatives were recently seen in the tiny town of Hardin, Montana, driving black SUV's with a peculiar logo and, inexplicably, "City of Hardin Police Department" stamped on the door.

However, Hardin does not have a police force.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well I guess this should come as no surprise given that the U.S has used security firms in combat zones , seems the logical next step ?

Just what does this mean for us all ? Will the people who make up these security firms have the same respect for our rights that the " traditional " law enforcement officer once had ? Do these firms take any oath to uphold the constitution ? For some reason I doubt it .

And just what screening process do these firms practice , if any , when hiring ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Already being discussed in both BAN- Montana Town Occupied By Private Paramilitary Security Force

and elsewhere- (Other current events) Montana Town Occupied By Private Paramilitary Security Force

Look before you leap, eh?

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Perhaps one of you out there may live in this area being policed by a privet security firm and can offer a first hand report ?

Got to love the name they picked for them selves , "American Police Force" . Seems like they took a few tips from the " Federal Reserve " when it came to picking a name .

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Really no need to start a whole new thread on it.

You could have just added to any of the existing three.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Sorry I did a search but nothing came up . Thats the thing about the search button , if you use the wrong key word you can miss existing posts .

Once again sorry

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Once again sorry but my search before posting didn't show anything so I posted away

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Next time just try limiting your search down a little.

i.e. try searching just "Montana", and immediately first on the list you will find the thread we have been discussing this in:

Montana Town Occupied By Private Paramilitary Security Force

Here's another good thread on the subject:
(American Police Force) APF Just who are they? some answers here

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi There,

No harm no foul...and thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

As others have replied, please feel free to add input into the other similar threads currently on ATS discussing the APF.

Again, thank you.

Locking now.

Peace.

top topics

join