It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have to take my sons dog and have him put down on thursday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm so sorry. It hurts. I faced that last year a couple of days after Christmas. My Airedale. Satchel. I adored her.

It falls in my "put one foot in front of the other" category, and just do what needs to be done.

They gave her first, a sedative, and I just held her and talked to her until they came with the final injection. Yeah. It sucked. Even my vet was tearful.

They cremated her and sent her back in a nice urn.

I'm so sorry. For you and your entire family.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Just thought I would mention I was touched by your story. I'm touched by all of them really.

But the neatest thing...is afterwards you see them in dreams. Beautiful dreams. Like they are telling you "look at me! I feel great!".

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

You are putting the poor pup out of his misery. You are NOT a bad person. My heart aches for you, it really does.

But no one or thing lives for ever. And much better that he is in your arms then alone.

I used to work for the park service, and would come across sick lost pets that had to be put down.

You gave him a good life. Obviously you did. There isn't anymore you can do.

IN nature, he would of been picked on, starved, or worse.

Trust me, this alternative is far better.

And aknowledge your son's feelings. Don't do the: he is in heaven, or you will get a new dog. That only makes things worse. Let your son know it is ok to grieve.

I am very sorry for what you are going through. But give that pup plenty of love, and keep holding him.

It was either ATS or another website i read where the vet tech informed owners to stay in teh room, because the animals look for them when they leave.

Some spiritualists believe our pets are the first to greet us when we go. The seperation isn't permenant.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i talked to my son and he said he wants to be there in the room with us when it goes down.
i'm not gonna talk about heaven or any of that cause i don't believe in it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
well it's almost time.
poor fella don't know it but he only has about 2 hours left before he has to walk the green mile.
this really blows

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm thinking of you.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well i just got home......talk about hard man
i got face to face with him and had my nose on his nose and got to feel him take his last breath.
my son was pretty broken up...just kept on saying he was sorry.
what a # day

top topics

<< 1   >>

join