It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Forum Liberal or Conservative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not talking about Democrat or Republican,

I'm trying to determine how people, here, fall on the political spectrum:

Radicals Liberals Moderate Conservative Reactionary

To tell you the truth, I think we fall on the far right.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I thought so at first but I highly doubt it as there is no real standards for any of those labels. If you were pro-choice, could you really not be considered conservative anymore? I think there are people of all political affiliation here. Even by being on this, I think you are a "radical" as this site would be laughed at by the media because it serves as a platform to discuss conspiracy theories, which are not given any thought by the masses at all. And there are some of those people who are on here to counter and call people ridiculous for even questioning 9/11, etc. Anyway, a bigger person is how does the presidency of a Dem or Republican influence this website.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My opinion is this site should be straight down the middle and not choose any type of side.
I am sickened with the labeling calling people left or right or liberal or conservative or a dem or a rep.

One post could be liberal and another from the same poster could be conservative.The poster should have the right to make threads and posts without being labeled as a liberal or a conservative.
A poster should have the right to free speech without all the labels thrown onto them.

I don't follow the lingo of left and right and liberal etc. so I don't know what it is because as soon as i see a label I don't even bother reading the thread.Example...Right wing conservatives say or do _______.
They lose credibility with me by following the ways of old.
Its the 21st century and we should be above this kind of crap...its just more ways to divide us and keep the mud flying.

Ok rant over.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well I personally dont label myself to any side. I dont even know what I would be..I am a little of everything

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm seeing this trend:

*remember, this is not about Democrat or Republican

-Pro-guns
-Pro-freedom of speech
-Anti-government
-Anti-globalization
-Practicality

Those are indicators of the traditional American mindset

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The site itself is neither.

The forum itself is influenced by the members.

As for myself, my conservative friends consider me a liberal, and my liberal friends consider me a conservative. So, eh.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
The site itself is neither.

The forum itself is influenced by the members.

As for myself, my conservative friends consider me a liberal, and my liberal friends consider me a conservative. So, eh.

You sound like a libertarian.

The site welcomes polite (with a little leeway), rational discussion of all viewpoints without discrimination.

I see the right, the left, the libertarian, the communist. I see abductee's, survivalists, concerned citizens, the arrogant flame warrior, researchers, the level headed, the rational, and morons.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I've been a member for awhile now and have seen an ebb and flow of member attitudes on ATS. Now there seems to be a predominance of far right conservatives and I see this trend continuing.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm a classical liberal here. I see the forum as having both ideologies. Depending on what happens one ideology will strongly advocate for a certain position on something it dislikes. That's bound to happen. Then the other ideology will (the liberal one) will fight it. That said, I don't really like either of the two major parties. So I think that a lot of people here are stuck in the left-right game. I think that it shouldn't have any bias (ATS). ATS should just be about truth. We shouldn't let people use it to achieve their partisan games.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The forum itself is a bipartisan effort between html, php and a mysql database , so I don't know what political ideology software takes up, I would hope conservative from the point of maximizing resources.

All joking aside now...

Whomever is in power tends to drive the most vocal of members to the opposite political camp, when Bush was in office everyone was essentially a democrat (or at least hated his guts for the most part) and now that Obama is pretending to run the show there is a resurgence of what would be considered Conservative thinking.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

No offense, but I could care less. Out of all the things to think about concerning this site, judging or classifying it in this way has never crossed my mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would have to agree with Frankidealist35's analysis, in that whoever is in power, the opposite side is the most vocal.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is not "partisan"

this is personal lol.

top topics

join