It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star next to the moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Contagion2012

wow, thats amazing. Unbelievable that that was taken from a camera, looks almost as if it should have been a telescope.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26

wow, thats amazing. Unbelievable that that was taken from a camera, looks almost as if it should have been a telescope.

Yeah, it's amazing what one can capture with great equipment. My personal stuff is nowhere near the quality of hardware I get to use at work. That stuff gets expensive!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

As a matter of fact, it is Nibiru. Not the one Sitchin was talking about but one of the things that the Sumerian word Nibiru was applied to, was Jupiter.

In the texts that follow, Nibiru was regarded as a planet (specifically, Jupiter, but once as Mercury), a god (specifically, Marduk), and a star (distinguished from Jupiter).

www.michaelsheiser.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, I knew neither Leira nor myself were imagining things.

Maybe that guy that takes the videos near the moon should be asked, I forgot his surname but I think his 1st name is John (not Lear)

HADES

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I saw both the moon and Jupiter as the first lights at dusk tonight, I thought it was really pretty.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FTL_Navigator

Wait. Don't misunderstand me. It is Jupiter. The Sumerians called Jupiter "Nibiru". This has nothing to do with the "Nibiru" that Sitchin talks about. No Annunaki. None of that nonsense. Just good old Jupiter, with the stripes and the moons.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage,

I can understand that, however what leira & I saw was between the moon and Jupiter. The red flashes were approximately 1/4 in size compared to Jupiter but just as bright.

regards

HADES

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's a little splash of 餅 that got away from the rabbit in the moon...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I noticed a few people saying that it could be Venus. Given the position of it I would like to point out for informational purposes that Venus' orbit is within the Earth's so it cannot appear in the sky opposite the Sun. Which explains exactly why it is normally seen brightly in the morning or evening (Morning/Evening 'Star')

Jupiter is the only planet that comes close to Venus' brightness - as it is now and only Jupiter can appear opposite the sun (behind the Earth). Stellarium is great for clarifying the positions of stars/planets.

That's a ripper of a photo contagion, I'll have to try that on my Canon 350D

[edit on 30-9-2009 by xaera]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's Jupiter...

It'll be awhile until it passes behind the Sun again.

When it passes behind the sun again many will post rumors that it burst into flames and when it emerges we'll have two Suns... AGAIN!

And out of the Humble Pumpkin Patch will rise the Great Pumpkin gifting toys to all the good children.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xaera

Venus is still the morning star. Look for it to rise before the Sun.

Yes, Stellarium. Awesome star charting program.

[edit on 9·30·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was walking with my girl tonight and we both commented on how bright Jupiter was, right next to the moon

I wish I had a telescope so I could get a better view.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow @ the nibiru comments, you can't be serious.

It's Jupiter people, a simple google search could have told you this.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FTL_Navigator

Hey I have seen a few flashes around the moon, white and red and it was no plane, thought it was my eyes playing tricks but have noticed these flashes quite often now...

As for the star close to the moon I believe it is Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Yeah, seems funny that we can see red flashes at night 8-9pm AEST that happen at the same time as distinguishing between jupiter & moon, if it was jupiter flashing red it must have jumped into hyperspace (red shifted) whilst also being white & bright at the same time.

If I can see BOTH moon and Jupiter and then see red flashes independantly (2 short red flashes - long pause & repeat) whereby the red flashes appear in a different location to either, then all I can say is that something big is either reflecting back red light in a timed rotational manner, or someone is letting off pary cracker on the ISS.

"food for thought"

HADES

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
JUPITER.... It's a nice view

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The Michael Shieser web site was a nice bump. Very interesting indeed. It shed much light on questions I had in regard to my own ideas. Its weird how all this stuff adds up. My eyes are now glued to Jupiter, what next?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join