It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Picks Up Steam One Week Before Vaccine Becomes Available

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A 12 year old girl, in otherwise good health, died of H1N1 yesterday in a city just south of where i live, (Corpus Christi Tx)
Her death was caused by swelling of the brain due to the H1N1 virus.
There is a story in the paper about it at Callertimes

CORPUS CHRISTI — A 12-year-old Flour Bluff student died of swine flu Tuesday after her brain swelled because of the virus, Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District officials reported. The girl, whose name isn’t being released by authorities, is the first child to die of swine flu in Nueces County. Her death is the fifth in the county related to the H1N1 virus. The Flour Bluff Intermediate School she attended and others in the district were being thoroughly cleaned Tuesday and will remain open, officials said. The sixth-grader was admitted Saturday to Driscoll Children’s Hospital. She played soccer Thursday and didn’t feel well that night, Nueces County health authority Dr. William Burgin said. The girl stayed home from school Friday and was in the hospital’s intensive care unit during the weekend, he said. At the hospital Saturday, doctors performed a brain scan on the girl and results were normal, he said. But within hours, the girl developed brain swelling and was placed on a ventilator. Hospital doctors pronounced her brain-dead Monday and she died Tuesday, Burgin said.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Holy ****!! Brain Swelled and died? that is really scary! Bless her soul. Is this something that can happen with the normal flu as well? So what are they going to say now? "If you dont take the vaccine your head will explode?"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I didn't have time to respond to replies this morning like I would've like and can't do much from my phone. But I'm really curious about the swelling of the brain being linked to h1n1. Actually now that I think about it I have heard that the orininal "swine flu" of the 70s not this new h1n1 caused brain swelling. anybody else know anything about how this flu can make your brain swell? Maybe a high fever for long period of time?

<< 1   >>

join