It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
This is occurring right now at my office...

My co-worker went in and got the regular seasonal flu shot last Thursday. She was complaining on Friday of feeling odd that same night. She looked like crap on Monday and yesterday (Tuesday) she called in sick and said she had a fever.

Not even an hour later another coworker called in and said he was going home after being at a clients all morning because he was feeling really bad and could barely concentrate. Since he hadn't been in the office yet, he had no idea that she also called in sick. I asked him and he said he didn't get any shot. Then I told him about our coworker getting it.

I am now feeling under the weather as of last night and am progressively feeling crappier as the day goes on. My personal conclusion? My coworker got the shot with a semi-live virus (or whatever the heck you call it), contracted the flu and has now passed it on to at least two of us at work here.

This is absolutely ludicrous. Me and another person now have the freaking flu because someone didn't want the flu, got the shot, and now has the flu. So, apparently, it doesn't matter if I get the shot or not. If someone I'm around a lot gets the shot, I'll get the flu and so will they. Now she has missed two days and the other guy has missed one and a half days and if I keep getting worse throughout the day, I will be missing at least one day.

edit to add:

On topic, one of my bosses also works at one of the local hospitals and told us yesterday that the staff there has been informed that are required to get the flu shot. He said only some will get the swine shot, since there isn't enough supply here yet. But they will get one shot or the other. He said they don't do this every year.

I haven't heard anything about any protests though. I really hope someone does.
[edit on 30-9-2009 by nunya13]

From what we've been told, the shot contains an inactive virus. The nasal spray contains a weaked (i.e. live) virus.

The issue with flu vaccinations period is they bypass how your body normally fights off an infection. Instead of your mucus membranes having first stab at it.

Your mucous membranes have their own immune system, called the IgA immune system. It is a different system from the one activated when a vaccine is injected into your body.

Your IgA immune system is your body's first line of defense. Its job is to fight off invading organisms at their entry points, reducing or even eliminating the need for activation of your body's immune system.

When a virus is injected into your body in a vaccine, and especially when combined with an immune adjuvant like squalene, your IgA immune system is bypassed and your body's immune system kicks into high gear in response to the vaccination.

The main reason adjuvants are used is to reduce the amount of vaccine required per dose as these adjuvants are designed to enhance your immune system's reponse to the vaccine (i.e. make you feel sick).

When squalene is used as an adjuvant, your immune system can't distinguish between the squalene normally found in your body (which is an essential oil) and that from the vaccine. Since your body's immune system has now been turbocharged to fight off the virus in direct response to the adjuvant's, it will also attack these same adjuvants WHEREVER THEY ARE LOCATED IN THE BODY.

And where is squalene located? This is an oil essential to your NERVOUS SYSTEM.

Now, think about your body's immune system kicked into high gear from these adjuvants and your body is now fighting molocules essential for your own nervous system health. Can you say Guillain-Barre?

Furthermore, your co-worker could have ALREADY had the virus and not known this. They could still INFECT OTHERS REGARDLESS IF THEY HAD THE VACCINE OR NOT.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
is it "very possible" that mass vaccination could actually ENCOURAGE the mutation of the current H1N1 FLu into something worse

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is what my friend had to say on the matter when I posted this on my Facebook earlier today. Please feel free to let me correct him...

"Health Care workers have a signed job contract where termination for none compliance with health standards is something they signed on for. Citizens do not. There is a legal standard for saying employees have to follow the guidelines of their place of employment. Not for Citizens. Also this is a State not Federal Government."

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ya gotta love New Yorkers! Nobody tells us what to do! Not even us. Yeah health care workers! Great job. Let your immune system do what it has to do. What a load of bull. No one is gonna make me take something I don't want to take. What is this, a psych ward or a nation of free men and women? If I wish to get sick it may be foolish but it's my body and my right!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The People of America were never free. America went into bankruptcy back in 1933 when the great depression hit. All the people have been living off of is borrowed time and since that is the case its time to pay with blood. Be it the peoples blood or the blood of the government.

There is a quote from a wiseman (i don't remember his name an ats user has it) Every once in a while the liberty of a country must be paid with the blood of patriots.

Get your guns, canned food, and make a water filter out of rocks and 5 gallon buckets. This is last month of preperation, best hurry before its tolate.

edited to add: get canned fruit & veggies too, prevent scurvy

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
The People of America were never free. America went into bankruptcy back in 1933 when the great depression hit. All the people have been living off of is borrowed time and since that is the case its time to pay with blood. Be it the peoples blood or the blood of the government.

There is a quote from a wiseman (i don't remember his name an ats user has it) Every once in a while the liberty of a country must be paid with the blood of patriots.

Get your guns, canned food, and make a water filter out of rocks and 5 gallon buckets. This is last month of preperation, best hurry before its tolate.

edited to add: get canned fruit & veggies too, prevent scurvy

That wiseman was none other than Thomas Jefferson. Here is the exact quote:

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure.

And it started long before 1933.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
This is what my friend had to say on the matter when I posted this on my Facebook earlier today. Please feel free to let me correct him...

"Health Care workers have a signed job contract where termination for none compliance with health standards is something they signed on for. Citizens do not. There is a legal standard for saying employees have to follow the guidelines of their place of employment. Not for Citizens. Also this is a State not Federal Government."

This is true, but is the flu vaccine a standard? How can it be a standard if there is no guarantee that it will work every year?

From the OSHA website:

"Standard" means a standard which requires conditions, or the adoption or use of one or more practices, means, methods, operations, or processes, reasonably necessary or appropriate to provide safe or healthful employment and places of employment."

If a hospital in the past has not mandated that employees receive the seasonal flu vaccine and implemented it as a voluntary program but then this year has mandated that all employees shall receive it, then I would hardly call that a standard.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah, it started back in Egypt with the priests, pharasies and sagesies (you know em, the lawyers, judges and courts) and all those guys. I know when it started too, it just happened to really kick off in 33 when debt was in-evade-able, ya know?

Yeah, start getn ready, and i love Thomas Jefferson, he's one of my favorite presidents, one of the decent ones that was around.

(please don't critizie my spelling, i'm a functional illiterate Human-being after all. Just like everyone else)

Edited for minor spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

It sounds like there's enough of a shortage that they would have to back down about mandating the vaccines. Stick together, you're probably the frontline of defense about a lot of things during the second wave of this pandemic.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm a nurse in the Houston Medical Center. While I am not anti-vaccine, I am 100% against anything that has as much hype and hysteria behind it as this H1N1 stuff. Something just isn't right. Believe me, in years past, if I were to show up at work feeling like warmed over death with a scratchy throat, I would NOT be sent home to protect the patients. Many a person has scrubbed in surgery with a mask wet with snot, hanging right over the patient, because they weren't allowed to go home. Now it's all about protecting the patients? Bunk. There is no way anyone could PROVE a particular person gave a patient the flu, therefore the hospitals can't be sued. That's what they really care about. Why the hysteria now?

For now, at my hospital, the regular flu shot is optional. People who refused it did have to sign a paper stating why they refused it. I lied and said I had it a few days ago, somewhere else.

The problem is, many of the people I work with are from other countries. They can't see how our freedom is being eroded because they haven't been here all their life, and compared to where they came from, things are a lot better. Many of them are grateful just to have air conditioning, plumbing, and a pay check.

If they are told they must get the H1N1 vaccine, they will roll their sleeves up without question. Many already lined up for the regular flu vaccination, so I don't expect to see much or any opposition if the H1N1 vaccination becomes mandatory where I work.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I suggest to the Health care workers that they just WALK OFF THE JOB
they need YOU more than YOU NEED THEM !!!!

And if they try and force you, I'd say SCREW THEM...what are they gonna
do arrest 500,000 people? If they even TRY then a few PUBLIC HANGINGS
of some politicians might be in order --- GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

The government should be AFRAID AND FEARFUL OF "WE THE PEOPLE"
and NOT the other way around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's TIME we take a STAND and keep those bothersome and meddlesome
politicians OUT OF OUR LIVES !!!! GET OUT AND KEEP OUT !!!!
MY BODY - MY CHOICE !!!!!

...OR ELSE !!!!!!!!!

this is from a TRUE PATRIOT WHO WOULD DEFEND THE CAUSE
OF PERSONAL LIBERTY TO THE DEATH !!!!!

AKA --- As the late Charleton Heston might say...

....From My Cold Dead Hands.....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It is good to see people stand up and say, "No" for once.

They can only push you until you say, "Enough Is Enough."

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Take care of yourself
click here to know more

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danniel
Take care of yourself
click here to know more

Your link leads to an empty Google page without any searches.Was this your intention?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well anyone who works for health agencies or are in the Military will be mandated to get this.

We have been mandated to get flu shots in the military since at least 1995.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verkadh

"And now I will lose my job if I don't take the regular flu shot or the swine flu shot."

When asked if he's willing to lose his job, Mannino said, "Absolutely. I will not take it, will not be forced. This is still America."

I was actually somewhat surprised that people reacted so strongly at such an early stage of the forced vaccinations. Guess all my faith in people is not quite as lost as I thought. Though I can only hope there are more people willing to take a stand.

Very true, star for you. I'm actually surprised that the media focused on this guys comment and didn't ridicule him and label him unpatriotic. Guess my faith in all media is not as lost as I thought. Hope more media outlets start ot report actual news and not what they want heard.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by kleverone]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We are slowly losing more and more rights everyday, what happen to freedom? Its safe to say, big government has taken over.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Some propaganda for you... CDC says it is "safe" per Fox News... LOL. Also states that she doesn't know what is "really in the vaccine" when she tries to talk about mercury, thimerosal. Please watch the whole thing because it starts off with Fox News seemingly in agreement.

Also states that children "have to have shots to go to school", which is complete BS.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Health Care workers who do not get their vaccinations are irresponsible and imo should not be in the health care industry.

the quality of care is dropping obviously seeing as duty of care is being ignored.

It is very interesting that some of you get offended by what I'm saying and continue on with your merry rants and suggestions of Dr's refusing vaccines and Nurses etc etc.

Throwing out phrases like that is irresponsible and ludicrous as well. there is NO ground swell of doctors advising against vaccination.

you show me one document with even one signature form a practicing physician and I'll start to give it some thought, but journalistic diatribes from unproven sources mean nothing and the fears and paranoid of low level health care workers is not grounds for refusal and is also extremely irresponsible of those health care workers to do this.

Higher level understanding Nurses and Doctors do not ascribe to this nonsense.
Now, this is why there is testing being done.

also referencing 30 year old data in relation to this outbreak and this vaccine production is equally ridiculous and deceptive in intention.

yes, by all means, do your research and oh, by the way, what exactly are your research methods? are you querying actual doctors are you strictly reading propaganda articles from rense, here and low subscribership news rags?

have you actually read any articles about it in the medical trade rags? lancet etc? or is this debate gonna be all national enquirer only?

I'm lucky that personal attacks aren't allowed? Why, is there something I'm saying that someone is afraid to hear? Is common sense to be feared now?

lol, amazing

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So, you are telling me there is "no conspiracy"? Healthcare workers can take precautions to not pass it on (washing hands, wearing masks, etc)... they shouldn't be forced to put something in their body that they don't want to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join