It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
wcbstv.com...

N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine Saying They Should Be Given A Choice, Employees Rally In Albany, Around State, Chant "No Forced Shots!" Protesters Hold Signs That Read: "The State Doesn't Own My Body'"

They're upset over an ultimatum from the health department.

Workers are being told to either get the swine flu vaccine or lose their jobs.

New York is the first state in the country to mandate flu vaccinations for its health care workers. The first doses of swine flu vaccine will be available beginning next week. Much of it is reserved for state health care workers, but there is growing opposition to required innoculations.

Health care workers in Hauppauge screamed "No forced shots!" as they rallied Tuesday against the state regulation requiring them to roll up their sleeves.

"I don't even tend to the sick. I am in the nutrition field. They are telling me I must get the shot because I work in a health clinic setting," said Paula Small, a Women, Infants and Children health care worker.

Small said she will refuse, worried the vaccine is untested and unproven, leaving her vulnerable. In 1976, there were some deaths associated with a swine flu vaccination.

Registered nurse Frank Mannino, 50, was also angry. He said the state regulation violates his personal freedom and civil rights.

"And now I will lose my job if I don't take the regular flu shot or the swine flu shot."

When asked if he's willing to lose his job, Mannino said, "Absolutely. I will not take it, will not be forced. This is still America."

The protest also shook Albany Tuesday. Hundreds of demonstrators demanded freedom of choice. After all, as health care professionals they argue they're already constantly washing their hands and aren't likely to transmit or contract the flu.

Around 500,000 health care workers are slated to receive the vaccine.

"It's certainly their prerogative to voice their opinion," said Dr. Susan Donelan of Stony Brook University Hospital.

Donelan said most in the medical community see the benefits and safety of the shots and welcome them, and that hospitals must obey the law.

"Our hospital is committed to following the mandate to have our personnel vaccinated," she said.

The state said change was needed this year to save lives, typically only about 45 percent of health care workers take advantage of voluntary flu vaccines.

More than 150 institutional outbreaks of seasonal and H1N1 flu are expected this year in hospitals, nursing homes and hospice centers.

New York and New Jersey will get their first doses of the swine flu vaccine next week. It will be the nasal mist, not a shot.

And so it begins. I haven't heard anything negative about the nasal mist and if others have I'd like to know about it. My sympathy to any and all put in this position.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
WOW, definately a star and a flag. I don't know if the PTB actual thought people would just lay down and take this or what, however I feel that it might be a test to see how the public will react with even more drastic circumstances. That's my piece.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am really glad that they are making a stand. Of course those in the healthcare field would be up to date on all aspects of H1N1, as they are on all infectious pathogens. If this virus was severely problematic, then you best believe they would have no problems volunteering for the shots. It is a shame that money is the driving factor for these forced inoculations.

The worst part is that no one will be held liable for any serious side effects, which guarantees nothing but pure profits for the vaccine maker. (And you best believe some govt officials too.) I hope this helps to open the eyes of some people who are unaware. If I saw health professionals protesting a forced vaccine, it would certainly make me wake up and take notice.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There were many many people on ATS stating that Flu shots would NEVER be mandatory in this country, they were just proven wrong.

When I have more time, I'll dig up every single post I can find calling people that were worried about mandatory shots "paranoid".... bunch of shills if you ask me.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
It is a shame that money is the driving factor for these forced inoculations.

Money is not the main driving force. Control and thinning the human herd are the main goals. With the forced inoculations comes a national ID so they can track who been cooperative or not. An H1N1 mutation or H5N1 (Avian Flu) could reduce our population a bit.

Just think if the bracelet/Bio chip stories are true. You place the scanners first at airports and other places to prevent out of state travel. then you can place them at entrances to malls, schools, etc, and prevent someone from going just about anywhere. We have the technology to do all the kind of tracking; what is needed is a reason to implement it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

"And now I will lose my job if I don't take the regular flu shot or the swine flu shot."

When asked if he's willing to lose his job, Mannino said, "Absolutely. I will not take it, will not be forced. This is still America."

I was actually somewhat surprised that people reacted so strongly at such an early stage of the forced vaccinations. Guess all my faith in people is not quite as lost as I thought. Though I can only hope there are more people willing to take a stand.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am so glad they are taking a stand. I have an email from our ceo ( I too am a nurse) stating the H1N1 vaccine will be voluntary. We have been forced to take the regular flu shot for a couple of years now. I was waiting to see what our hospital would do with this new vaccine. I, as was some of my coworkers, ready to refuse the H1N1 vaccine.

I hope they get together and do a class action lawsuit and I hope it goes to the supreme court. No way, do they have the right to force vaccinations on us!

Power to the people!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Doesn't this violate their constitutional rights? "The right of the people to be secure in their persons", Amendment 4.

I would refuse also just out of principle. What gives the state or federal government the right to inject you with anything? It's sounds like something from The Island of Dr. Moreau. Come here, let me inject you with something...bwahahahaha! That is some scary **** man!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There was another thread about this subject and the poster wrote that their daughter (who is a RN) was with a group of nurses who all talked the talk about not getting the vaccination. However, when their supervisor came by and "strongly suggested" that they get it, all but her tucked their tails between their legs and changed their tune. When this individual still stated that she would refuse it, she was called into the supervisors office and given a waiver to sign while being berated on why she should take the vaccine.

The primary reason stated by the health departments for getting the vaccine is patient safety. Where I work, the president of the orginization has stated that he wants to ensure that we take every precaution to not pass on the flu. So, how come he hasn't forced the nursing staff to wear masks? Why is it that so many people look at this vaccine as some sort of magic bullet?

All those who I know who refuse to take either the seasonal or H1N1 vaccine fully understand the need for patient safety and that the vaccine could help reduce the potential number of infections. However, when we look at the bigger picture of what is IN the vaccine and what is IN the vaccine that we don't know about, then it is more of a PERSONAL safety issue.

I, as well as MANY of my coworkers, would be willing to wear a mask if necessary to help prevent any spread of infection. But, there are no guarantees (just like any flu vaccine) that this vaccine will prevent anything.

What if this thing mutates next week and the flu vaccines are worthless? What then?

I absolutely hate having anyone force me to violate my own body with toxic materials in the hopes that I don't get the flu when taking precautions using other methods is just as effective.

Why is EVERYTHING BAD always about GREED!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm not a Nancy Negative here but I'll go out on a limb and say "more" people will end up getting the shot then people "not" getting the shot.
I'm convinced that the majority of our populace have become zombie minded and are sorry, to say, totally unaware and stupid, and when any attempt is made to provide another view, more information, facts that stand, they "STILL" refute the education in front of them, my thoughts on the monitoring are, it wont happen with the first wave theres just too too many to track, it will happen in the following waves, with much less people its easier to bottle neck and tag the herd. Its not "going to get interesting" its already interesting! I've got 2 health care workers in the family and BOTH are being told they need to get the shot(s), and that family members should get them also, its not mandatory, yet, but, I'm betting with the right constant pressure, it will be.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good on them!

I can only hope more people riot with them.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, I am a front line ICU health care worker at the University of Michigan and can tell you this state funded institution is planning on the certainty of a pandemic. Efforts have begun to quickly hire 25% more staff, many more pieces of expensive equipment, mandatory meetings outlining how a year's worth of patients will be handled in 12 weeks, and more meetings addressing the vaccines to come this month, where i believe we also will be mandated to take the shots or suffer some consequences yet unknown.

There has been plenty of discussion amongst my peers and many, including me, will not take the vaccine. I too believe shenanigans are at play here and I will take my chances as a healthy, health conscious individual. I have no fear believing that I would not succumb to this virus. I'll take my chances with my good diet, D3, Vit.C, other antoxidants, and a healthy lifestyle filled with exercise, meditation, spirituality, positive thinking.

I will keep everyone posted as to the Institutions mandates as I receive them. We must exercise our rights as citizens to say no to tyrrany.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Glad to hear this, it brings emotions to see that America still have backbone.

I can not wait for the issue to hit my neck of the woods because I will be protesting with health care workers if they desire to do so.

I am in the south so NY is to far for me to help in any way.

But in my neck of the woods I am ready to join the crowd.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Cannot support these guys physically because of where I am located. Do not be afraid. Stand Tall and dont be bullied. I will be there in spirit with you. This is the first test for resistance. You have many souls behind you. Don't give up. Be strong.

If any sort of law enforcement moves in to help with these vaccines it will be time for all of us to make a stand where ever we are.

I don't think they got the balls to enforce this but we will see. If they meet much resistance they will back off and try and come up with some big stunt. I do ecpect the fear factor campaign to be stepped up dramatically to try and convince people to take part in vacanation.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Kudos to the brave health care workers in New York. If those who are supposed to administer the vaccine are protesting against it, imagine the snowball of a message they're sending out to the rest of the population.

And I hope every health care worker refuses. What are they going to do? Fire every single one?

1,000 worldwide deaths for H1N1 and 33,000 deaths in the USA alone last year from the regular flu. Where was the WHO with its level 6 last year?

THE NEXT FALSE FLAG EVENT HAS BEGUN!

GO REFUSENIKS!!!

Dr. Leonard Horowitz on The Veritas Show will talk about this.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I too am a trained nurse, although I dont do it as a job at the moment.

My understanding is that there are not enough nurses to go around. Just imagine what will happen if the nurses they do have start leaving in droves because they dont want the jab.

In the end the system will have to rehire these same nurses at some point, and very soon too if the pandemic does actually materialise.

What the nurses should do is walk out now.... then dont go back till you have guaranteed rights and huge increase in pay for all your trouble.

TPTB in the health care system will sh1t their pants.

Fight fire with fire

[edit on 30-9-2009 by bigyin]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good for them for refusing.

If they organize a mass work stoppage and all refuse to show up for work they will change their tune pretty fast. We the people still have some power in this country.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
so does anyone have any word on this nasal mist that they're going to use instead?

i don't know about everyone else, but it sounds just as bad to me...

oh, and everyone might wanna take a look at this:
HOW TO BE LEGALLY EXEMPT FROM VACCINATIONS

EDIT:

the live attenuated vaccine intended as a nasal spray for children is genetically unstable and risk generating a more dangerous pandemic virus if mass vaccinations are to proceed

www.i-sis.org.uk...

The live attenuated viral vaccine from AstraZeneca/ Medimmune applied as a nasal spray was tested by the company on 7852 children at at 249 sites in 26 countries, but only against the inactivated vaccine. The overall ‘attack rate’ of influenza from the vaccine strain was 5 percent in the group that received live vaccine, and 10 percent in the group that received inactivated vaccine. Even if this result is real - as the inactivated vaccine gives little or no protection - the protection rate of the live vaccine against attack is at best 50 percent.

Vaccine efficacy of 0 to 50 percent will be practically useless in preventing a pandemic even at 100 percent vaccination rate.

www.i-sis.org.uk...

But the live attenuated virus in the vaccine has all the signs of genetic instability, and will also be able to proliferate in and around the nose. In fact, those vaccinated are advised to stay away from immune-suppressed individuals. The obvious danger is that it could mutate and reassort with other flu strains to generate a really dangerous pandemic virus if mass vaccinations are to go ahead

www.i-sis.org.uk...

The MedImmune vaccine will be used primarily for children, to be delivered as a nasal spray. The nasal spray vaccine against pandemic H1N1 influenza has been fast tracked for global distribution.

The live-attenuated vaccine appears more effective than the inactivated virus vaccine, but it resulted in significantly higher rates of severe adverse events. Furthermore, there is evidence that the live vaccine is highly genetically unstable in warm body cells and that has not been thoroughly evaluated in the children vaccinated.

www.i-sis.org.uk...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Good to see people aren't just blindly taking the vaccine.

There is a legitimate concern with health care workers, as they are very exposed to possible infection and run a risk of passing on the illness to others that may already be in a weakened state. I can see why the first mandatory vaccinations are occurring in the health sector as it is easy to see why it would be required. IMO, this is a measuring stick to see how the rest of us will react.

I think many people will be against mandatory vaccination, but when your job is on the line, it is hard to refuse. Good luck to all those that make that tough decision!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by kawz1]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Canadian studies are apparently showing that the swine flu shot is spreading the virus. This makes sense if there are, in fact, live viruses used in the vaccine. This is a real potential danger we might research for further proof because if all health care workers are vaccinated, they will shed the virus and their patients will be sitting ducks.

IMO this vaccine has two purposes: money, of course, and culling the herd. Well, OK, I'm older now and have lived a good life and am not really concerned about myself. I do care deeply about my neighbors, for example, who are just starting out in life. She is pregnant. If she gets the shot she could lose the baby. Or, years from now, the child could develop all kinds of problems which happened during the polio vaccine days. Generations are still paying for that vaccine with tumors, MS, etc.

And let's not forget the 1976 swine shot. I heard recently over the radio that over 700,000 people were adversely affected. I don't know first hand if that is true, but I do know they stopped it. Why would they stop such a money maker unless they would be found out?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join