It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul-"Warmongering" On Iran Sounds Like Lead-Up to Iraq War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ron Paul-"Warmongering" On Iran Sounds Like Lead-Up to Iraq War

News Link

Congressman Ron Paul says the neo-conservative "warmongering" on Iran sounds suspiciously like the talk leading up to the war in Iraq. He also says sanctions against Iran for their nuclear ambitions would not help to alleviate the situation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think this deserves a VERY important discussion and I urge all ATS members to watch the video.

I know ATS mods like to put things in BPN based not on the topic but on the one speaking, but this is very much BAN.

It's interesting how Iran followed all the UN rules but still now there's hysteria.

What's this all aboutt?

Please watch the video and give your thoughts.
Thanks

News Link Because Default link didn't work
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This video was excellent.

Could he have been more clear? I think not.

And it was news to me, I did not know we already knew about the nuclear plant. The media has done a hugh disservice by not mentioning this...but then it would be far to balanced and everyone would not be outraged.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't know perhaps it's just me. I become desensitized to Fox News and right now, the congressman sounds just like another politician pandering to his crowd. I guess I'm just tired.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

This video was excellent.

Could he have been more clear? I think not.

My thoughts exactly .

In seven minutes and ten seconds he summed up the whole ` kurfuffle` nicely .

Now we sit back and watch the story spin like a dervish over the coming weeks .

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know if the American people could handle another one of these wars, Its ridiculous the troops are often streched too thin on multiple tours. How would they alleviate this problem another draft. I'd think there would probably be a public outcry the populus is sick and tired of the way things are. Compiled with the ressesion. this won't end well

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As usual Ron Paul makes a lot of sense and speaks common sense. What a shame it is that common sense is not common anymore and the Mainstream Media and most of the politicians never speak to common sense or seem to support or want anything that makes sense.

You would think as costly and unproductive in both lives and dollars both Afghanistan and Iraq have turned out to be that most people would be reacting to a war with Iran or bombing Iran like Dracula would to Holy Water but sadly every time you turn around someone here on ATS is advocating war or preemptive military action on or against Iran.

The crazy thing is, it’s not just the Israelis and Zionists, and it’s not just the neoconservatives but the liberals too that just all seem gun ho for doing something to Iran.

You have to hand it to the guys in the Mainstream Media we absolutely have the best propaganda of any nation on earth to be able to effect that kind of attitude across party lines when you consider how badly Iraq and Afghanistan have been and just how devastating it is going to be if Iran shuts down the Persian Gulf at the Straights of Hormuz which it can easily do within hours even using civilian pleasure watercraft to mine it or obstruct it if need be.

I really do feel like half the world gets up each day and just says “what really stupid, self defeating and harmful thing can we do today to make life even worse.”

We have so many problems here at home in the United States to deal with and it’s almost like since they aren’t being dealt with, and things aren’t getting better and still getting worse it gives people some kind of perverse pleasure and power to imagine we/they at least have the power to intimidate, dictate and if need be obliterate some lesser smaller nation that in the entire history of it’s government has never launched one war of aggression.

I hope people will listen to Ron Paul a war with Iran would probably be the straw that breaks the economies back for good.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Star & flags for a great and 100% watch-worthy post.

Though, anything from Dr. Paul would get S&F from me

And I couldn't possibly agree with his message any more.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griever
I don't know if the American people could handle another one of these wars, Its ridiculous the troops are often streched too thin on multiple tours. How would they alleviate this problem another draft. I'd think there would probably be a public outcry the populus is sick and tired of the way things are. Compiled with the ressesion. this won't end well

No I don't think they would even think about attempting a draft now because if anything it would kick off a revolution faster then anything else.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've been saying the same thing as Ron for a while now...and thankfully...others think the same.

Another senseless war that'll cost billions and too many lives that don't deserve to be wiped out...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenlike

Originally posted by Griever

No I don't think they would even think about attempting a draft now because if anything it would kick off a revolution faster then anything else.

Point is in our current shape we could not handle another conflict, heck we can't even get enough troops to handle the current problems we have. However you are right, if a draft is started-oh man- will the shtf in Washington. My thoughts are that Iran will just be a lot more talk and talk and talk some more and when Isreal says "You all talk to much" and drops some bombs we will talk some more. I wish we could just wash our hands of the whole thing but that isn't the answer either.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ron Paul is fricken awesome!

I just love the way he cuts through the BS!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenlike

a draft would be accepted after some devastating "terrorist" attack

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ramping up to invade Iran is nothing at all like the ramping up to invade Iraq.

The messiah is in charge now and unless you all missed it everything has changed.

That last war was/is all bad and messed up. This one will be holy, righteous and necessary for life to continue living on this Earth.

Just look at all of these international intelligence agencies reporting Iran's capacity to build WMD's. Nothing at all like those international agencies reporting Iraq's WMD's.

See, with Iraq we were told they had the weapons so we were all "duh" when they werent there. With Iran we are being told they have the capacity to make them so we dont have ever find anything to justify invasion. It's great!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenlike

I'm not sure about this!

I think this entire continent has more sheeple than informed people.
Then also there's informed people chosing to be sheeple as well instead of putting them onto their elected officials!

I was reading through some youtube comments in videos about the pittsburg G20 protest and the riot cops coming in on them.
So many people were saying "these protesters are idiots and deserve whatever they get".

On top of that put another few terroist attacks and people will come to agree that a draft is not wanted but necessary.

A draft WILL have support from the people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why didn't this come into the news a lot earlier. Well that's because all important new has to pass through security first. Like CIA. NSA. FBI. CFR and so on.

Everything has to fit into the corporate politics at hand. That means they have to play the politics first then the news. If you dont know what that means. It means that they have to shape your opinion before they can play you the news in their favor.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
reply to post by Zenlike

a draft would be accepted after some devastating "terrorist" attack

I couldn't agree more.....we are edging closer & closer towards a false flag event......

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul's just looking for attention and pandering to his own crowd. They're no different to the pro-war crowd, as both views are based entirely on the nuclear issue, instead of more important internal issues within Iran. Reality is somewhere in the middle, and Iran did not comply with IAEA rules that they agreed with and tried to unilaterally walk away from, which is illegitimate according to international law.

The real issues are the failures of the iranian govt. to prevent widespread protests. They cannot even speak at their own universities, never mind use diplomacy at the UN, or govern their own country. They're not even in control, as they are reactive and not exactly pro-active. The regime would prefer us to talk about their nuclear weapons programme so our attention is diverted away from their own collapse at the hands of their own people. I'm sure they would love Israel to bomb this 2nd facility, so they can rally their people against the west. Either way they're finished and deserve to be, and that doesn't make me pro-war, it makes me observant.

A leader in the revolutionary guards admitted that a couple of Friday's ago on Qod's day - opposition protests in Tehran were around 2 million, and 4 million around Iran. This was after sites like PressTV announced the crowds were millions in support of Palestine. It's these small truths that they let slip which tells us exactly why the regime have lost control.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I love Ron Paul, he can literally erect neon signs telling us to watch the government and people still don't pay attention. It's like he's the only sober one at that party and he's trying to talk everyone out of driving drunk but no one is listening.

All this talk about Iran does sound a lot like the talk leading up to the Iraq war, just minus the patriotic impetus they played on at the time of Iraq. Except, Iran is a much different situation, Israel wants us to glass them more than any other country but Iran isn't like Iraq, I don't think they're going to lie down and let us roll over them like we did with Iraq twice.

The government should play Poker and learn not to bluff so often, after a while someone is going to call and we'll see that the government has no hand. Ace high still loses to a pair of deuces.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul's just looking for attention and pandering to his own crowd. They're no different to the pro-war crowd, as both views are based entirely on the nuclear issue, instead of more important internal issues within Iran. Reality is somewhere in the middle, and Iran did not comply with IAEA rules that they agreed with and tried to unilaterally walk away from, which is illegitimate according to international law.

The real issues are the failures of the iranian govt. to prevent widespread protests. They cannot even speak at their own universities, never mind use diplomacy at the UN, or govern their own country. They're not even in control, as they are reactive and not exactly pro-active. The regime would prefer us to talk about their nuclear weapons programme so our attention is diverted away from their own collapse at the hands of their own people. I'm sure they would love Israel to bomb this 2nd facility, so they can rally their people against the west. Either way they're finished and deserve to be, and that doesn't make me pro-war, it makes me observant.

A leader in the revolutionary guards admitted that a couple of Friday's ago on Qod's day - opposition protests in Tehran were around 2 million, and 4 million around Iran. This was after sites like PressTV announced the crowds were millions in support of Palestine. It's these small truths that they let slip which tells us exactly why the regime have lost control.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by john124]

I totally agree with Ron Paul and totally disagree with John124 ...

good I've said it now.

btw John can you provide some evidence about what this leader supposedly said I like to see it for myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join