It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of D.C.'s Masonic Wives Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well I knew it. The biggest secret of the whole Masonic thing is revealed by the women. I guess they are really nothing at all. All the hoopla surrounding this organization is just bologna. I knew it all along.

"Okay. This is what I call it: day care for men. They let him come over at 6:30 after work, they feed him, let him play with his friends and he comes home all tired and ready for bed," she said. Hmm, I begin to wonder if the Masons would take my husband and our two sons. "We're basically the hot dog guys, the ones always handing out the free hot dogs at the street fairs," acknowledged David Johnson, the 38-year-old worshipful master of the lodge on Capitol Hill. That mundane truth is what makes the breakneck adventures, the hairpin chases, the conspiracy theories and the mystical musings so funny to the wives and Masons reading "The Lost Symbol."

www.washingtonpost.com...

I guess they had to come clean after Dan Brown released his latest book.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

To be fair, we came clean a long time before that... Just now there might be more people paying attention because of Brown's book.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I know, I just figured I would put this out there as further evidence. I mean did you read about how mundane it actually is to be a mason. There was a grand master or something like that who hands out hot dogs at parades. The whole taking over the world thing is just laughable. I do like the intrigue of Dan's books though. They are very enjoyable.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Mundane isn't really the right word. However, I can't recall the last Masonic car chase (unless some of the Shriners got into one with the wee cars, I don't know
).

The fact of the matter is while it isn't fiction-sexy, Masonry is focused on making life on this plane better for all its inhabitants and not just the ones of the right persuasion. Collectively, we have a duty to each other and Society as a whole and better to see that duty done than get into a slanging match about who does it better or the way the Supreme Being would best like it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Well put Fitzgibbon! I am glad you realized that I was making a correlation between the book and the real world. I see now that I wasn't clear in that regard, but you've laid out my point better than I could have. Thank you.

Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Edited to add the above external source. We must step it up. Fitzgibbon would you mind elaborating on how masonry affects our plane of existence?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Me being a Mason is one of the first things I talk about with my girlfriend. My current girlfriend doesn't care about me being in the Masons and actually encourages me in all my activities (she actually attended Grand Lodge with me).

Last night I hosted the District Communication and I held the meeting as a Table Lodge with the Ladies and we had the biggest turn-out we had in years. The Ladies loved the event and I thought it was a great way to have the women be more involved. There was a surprisingly amount of girlfriends there.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I passed a Masonic Lodge today. Out in the front was a big banner. It said "OPEN HOUSE". I was tempted but I had things to do. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I saw barbecues going and balloons. Those nefarious Masons.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Not-so-secret society

Although the brotherhood, loyalty and commitment to being and doing good remains, there's not much secrecy left, said Tom McCarthy, a district judge who is grand master of Minnesota's 160 Masonic lodges. Because some bad apples blabbed, "it now only takes about 20 minutes online to find the secret handshake, password and sign," he said.

www.startribune.com...
W3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciatkEP7DhUsl

Hmm. Does anyone know the secret handshake and password? Oh, and sign? I just know that they are up to something.

Edit to add that the link looks messed up but it does work. I can't get it to look normal and I'm sure its got something to do with you know who.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's good to hear. Yeah, we're putting on an All You Can Eat for $5 breakfast to the public. Funds go to our College Scholarship fund.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Its awfully cheap too! I only pay around 120$ / year....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
That's good to hear. Yeah, we're putting on an All You Can Eat for $5 breakfast to the public. Funds go to our College Scholarship fund.

All you Can Eat Public Breakfast for $5? Wow, your Lodge better be the ones controlling the IMF and World Bank because I can eat a lot! There won't be many College Scholarships left by the time the Vegas Bingo Bus makes a stop in.

Hey, to all you Freemasons who actually do community work and fund raisers... I tip my Fedora to you all. It might not be glamorous or worthy of all the "Freemasonry are Satanic Global Overlords" shtick that you are commonly branded with, but those are noble deeds and far more important to your communities than any Dan Brown book or yet another Freemason Conspiracy Theory. Keep up the good works!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

It might not be glamorous or worthy of all the "Freemasonry are Satanic Global Overlords" shtick that you are commonly branded with, but those are noble deeds and far more important to your communities than any Dan Brown book or yet another Freemason Conspiracy Theory. Keep up the good works!

Unfortunately these are the things that are dwelt upon. Seriously, I had a boss one time who wore the ring of someone important to the Masons. He was always busy with some kind of fund raising event. Either a college fund or hospital fund. He had a lot going on with them. He was a good guy. I never got into the whole conspiracy thing with him but I did buy some raffle tickets one or two times. The good works are the thing that should be brought to light.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

My Lodge is $100 and the York Rite is $100, per year each.

reply to post by fraterormus

lol...I can't wait.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
if the freemasons are not satanic global overlords as you say then why is it that you have to be a freemason in order to become a priest in the church of satan?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
if the freemasons are not satanic global overlords as you say then why is it that you have to be a freemason in order to become a priest in the church of satan?

Huh?

According to the Church of Satan, you have to a.) pay $200 to become affiliated with their Church, b.) apply to become an Active Member, c.) be invited into the "Higher" degrees for which they do not disclose the criteria, d.) be invited into the Priesthood of Mendes, of which there are only 9 people (why it is called the Council of the Nine...or Order of the Trapezoid). The Church of Satan doesn't affiliate with Accepted Free and Antient Freemasonry, nor do they infringe upon their jurisdiction, i.e. they don't use any Freemasonic Rites.

Now you do have to believe in Satan in order to join them...

So, you would have to be a Christian in order to become a priest in the Church of Satan as only Christians believe in a contra-deity who rivals their own deity.

So, is your logic thus:

Since some Freemasons are Christian.

And you have to be a Christian to believe in Satan.

Then members of the Church of Satan are therefore Freemasons?

That seems like a pretty warped train of logic there.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

One cannot be both a Freemason and a member of the Church of Satan. Freemasonry requires its candidates to believe in the existence of a Supreme Being. The existence of God is denied in both the Church of Satan and its basic document, the Satanic Bible.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Where does it say that?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I've never heard of such a thing myself. Like I said, the good works are what should be looked at.

Coming Soon: A Cardiac Rehab Program at St. James Medical Center

The total cost of bringing this program to St. James Medical Center is significant. The investment involves a variety of factors, including space, equipment, technology, patient education materials, and staff training. “A major piece of the funding has been given through a $50,000 matching grant provided by Minnesota Masonic Charities, and more than $65,000 donated by individual members of the Masons in St. James to redeem the match,” explained Margaret Derksen, St. James Medical Center foundation director.

www.stjamesnews.com...

Masons' grand fundraising effort

MEMBERS of a masonic lodge were thanked for raising more than £22,000 for charity. Joshua Nunn Lodge, in Parsonage Street, Halstead, raised the money for the Essex masons’ 2011 festival, which distributes money raised to several masonic and non-masonic charities.

www.gazette-news.co.uk...

Greer Masonic Lodge to Hold BBQ Fundraiser

Bailey Masonic Lodge 146 of Greer will be having a BBQ fundraiser on Saturday morning, Oct 24, starting at 10:00 am, till we are out of food or customers. All proceeds over costs will go toward replenishing Bailey Lodge's charities fund, recently depleted due to heavy demand. Bailey Lodge is located at the corner of Wade Hampton Blvd and Tryon Street. There is ample parking. Please come, bring the family, and have a great meal, on-site or to go. The BBQ plates will consist of pulled pork BBQ, slowly smoked on-site, slaw, beans, chips and a drink, all for 6 dollars. The Eastern Star's famous funnel cake will also be available.

www.greenvilleonline.com...

So I don't know. If I looked up satanic stuff I'm sure I'd find some site that will tell me exactly what I wanted to hear. Don't believe everything you find on the web about Masons wanting to rule the world and stuff. Conspiracy theories like that will always be there. Try checking out some of the good stuff instead.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Having been a mason myself I find no reason to hide any facts. In the past, the masonic ritual was hidden and quite secret. Today its printed, published, and even availible on the internet. If you want to know what its like to be a mason, either join, or take up an acting class. Both require a bit of play acting and both are easy enough to find.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Well I knew it. The biggest secret of the whole Masonic thing is revealed by the women. I guess they are really nothing at all. All the hoopla surrounding this organization is just bologna. I knew it all along.

"Okay. This is what I call it: day care for men. They let him come over at 6:30 after work, they feed him, let him play with his friends and he comes home all tired and ready for bed," she said.

LOL

TRUTH for sure......LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join