It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Element 114 Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They are about 20 years late. Bob Lazar said element 114 existed several years ago.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
fox needs a better science advisor team: en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add: nonetheless, even that this element has already been confirmed, yet another replication of such laboratorial results holds plenty of merit. so: kudos for Berkeley Labs.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by maoklein]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

It is actually element 115 that Lazar was talking about, not 114...All of these super-heavies have been known to exist, the problem has always been finding stable isotopes...So apparently one was found with 114.

It is placed as the heaviest member of group 15 (VA) although a sufficiently stable isotope is not known at this time that would allow chemical experiments to confirm its position. It was first observed in 2003 and only about 30 atoms of ununpentium have been synthesized to date, with just 4 direct decays of the parent element having been detected. Two isotopes are currently known, Uup-287 and Uup-288, with 288Uup having the longer half-life of ~100 ms.

en.wikipedia.org...
(EX source describing short half lives of the heavies..not anything in particular other than that
)

[edit on 9/30/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Bob Lazar said a LOT of things infact so many things i do not believe he can post on ATS anyomore. But jkrog was right bob lazar was talkin about 115.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Bob Lazar said a LOT of things infact so many things i do not believe he can post on ATS anyomore. But jkrog was right bob lazar was talkin about 115.

As far as I know Bob Lazar never posted on ATS.

Aren't you perhaps thinking of John Lear?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
lol sorry yeah my bad

top topics

join