It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article by a Jesuit about Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This article is interesting, and very even-handed. Father Tim mentions many of the 'Conspiracies' found here. I thought that many would be interested to see the opinions of a member of the Society of Jesus.

www.irishcentral.com...

Edit for typo

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Viking04]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yet, we condemn, as do many. Are we right to do so, when we know so little?

and here sports fans is the real deal. Nice article. It would be great if both sides would read it. Being a catholic mason, I had no idea about the hatred shared between the two until I came to this site. Either I suck as a catholic, or I just didn't pay attention. It's possible both are true.
Part of me wishes that the antis could have access to all the "secrets" so we could all get a good laugh, but I suppose this way is more fun. Have a great day Brother.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

I almost let this bit get me riled up...

If you're Catholic, and especially if you're Irish Catholic, you know that Masons hate us, and always have. So, we hate them. You know that they are conspiring against us, and have some sort of plan for global domination they have been working on since they started all this in the 16th Century. So far, the plan hasn't worked out so well, but global domination takes time. You also know that almost all the rich and powerful men (women aren't allowed) in the world are Masons — all the better to dominate the world, of course.
... but I kept reading...

As I simply don't believe there is evidence that this strange, ancient organization represents a threat to humanity, religion, spirituality, or peace -- and certainly not Our Loving God — I am content to let them go their way, as we go ours. So far, that approach seems to have worked out just fine. I don't understand them, and I'm not sure that even the Vatican theologians who have studied them for centuries — and they are far more-schooled and studied than I in this kind of painstaking research — do, either. Yet, we condemn, as do many. Are we right to do so, when we know so little?
It's refreshing to hear someone who admit he doesn't have all the answers. Too often those who condemn Masonry do so out of stubborn ignorance. To me it seems like one of the fundamental tenets of the Masons is that learning is a lifelong endeavor, while another is that squabbling over matters of faith is pointless as in the end, the only time you might ever know if you were right is after you've died.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
while another is that squabbling over matters of faith is pointless as in the end, the only time you might ever know if you were right is after you've died.

that is my fundamental reason for why I enjoy masonry so much. I don't know who is right or wrong in their religions, but after seeing what I wanted to see in the Bible, it is obvious to me that anyone who lives the life God intended us to live is on the right track. It is not nessesary to build a big church, or attempt to convert someone over to my way of thinking. In fact the opposite is true (IMHO), finding out why they feel the way they do should increase my knowledge and love of God.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Josh:

I appreciated the subtlety of his writing. I read the section about 'we hate them...they hate us' as a slap against the concept that it is accepted because 'that is the way it has always been'. I believe that by extension, it could be said (as this is an Irish Catholic publication) that he is also speaking, in this instance, of the Irish Catholic/Protestant conflict as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

That's a fair point. While I think the Twain quote got a little heavy-handed, personally, the message of not judging when you've only heard half the story is a good one in MANY situations, not just those he explicitly described.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
that is my fundamental reason for why I enjoy masonry so much. I don't know who is right or wrong in their religions, but after seeing what I wanted to see in the Bible, it is obvious to me that anyone who lives the life God intended us to live is on the right track. It is not nessesary to build a big church, or attempt to convert someone over to my way of thinking. In fact the opposite is true (IMHO), finding out why they feel the way they do should increase my knowledge and love of God.
---
Finally I understand the feelings of the few.
Ashes and diamonds
Foe and friend
We were all equal in the end. - Roger Waters
While we're having the Masonic love-in, I've been meaning to tell you for a while that The Final Cut has been my favorite Pink Floyd album for more than 25 years. He may be an egocentric jackass, but Roger Waters certainly influenced the way I look at the world, politics, war, etc. I think that quote from "Two Suns in the Sunset" is an apt summation of meeting on the level.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

what was funny is another member sent me a U2U and joked his friends told him that album must have come with 6 feet of rope to hang yourself after listening to it. I bought it back in the early eightys and kind of liked it but it made me depressed. Now that I am older, it has a profound meaning and I enjoy it when I am in the mood. I have to listen to the whole thing or none at all. It is scary how those thoughts could be translated to todays events. War and stupidity are timeless I suppose. The poetic words are amazing though.

OK group hug.

M74

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you're Catholic, and especially if you're Irish Catholic, you know that Masons hate us, and always have. So, we hate them. You know that they are conspiring against us...

What nonsense is this? I don't hate Catholics. I have tons of Catholic friends, many of whom I am proud to call Brother in my other fraternal organizations. I don't think they hate me, either. I even contemplated, for a time, about converting to Catholicism. This is the sort of slander that breeds the presumed hatred this man speaks of.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by M74

I read that bit as sarcasm, subtly presented, but sarcasm all the same. I also believe that he was also speaking about other forms of prejudice as well, as I noted above. I believe that the tipoff to sarcasm is his ongoing use of 'You know'.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Whats funny is roman catholics are part of freemasonary, and they working together to change the world.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by w....
Whats funny is roman catholics are part of freemasonary, and they working together to change the world.

And the wind and the rain work together to change the world through erosion. Is that a conspiracy? Is change always bad? Is there 'change' and 'change'?

Freemasonry, as it exists, and the Roman Catholic church do share some members, but there is no formal connection.

I know, the 'truth' about the Masonic/Catholic/Shape-shifter cabal is something that is known only to the super-double-secret reptilian
overlord Masons (and a few non-Masons who found out on the internet)

top topics

join