It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it built nuclear plant in mountain, near military base, to shield it from air attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

That sounds like the argument Iraq made in the 1990s.
"You can drop all the bombs you want to. We have the
technology."
What happened to Iraq?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Fool me once.. shame on... Fool me.. twice, once.. three times .. I ugh. You can't fool me again.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by Tapped In

I don't know about all of you, but it seems to me that Iran is itching for a fight.

Yeah who do they think they are. Trying to become as well armed and have a decent power supply for when the oil runs out. Pure evil runs in their veins, cheeky beggars.

And the fact that they put it under the mountain, well that just goes to show they're sneaky little rats as well!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Somewhere in Iran a guy who works in an industrial plant under a mountain is filling out the paperwork to take a holiday on October 26th...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

LMAO, do they think we dont have planes that can fly higher than a mountain?

No, the idea is that the mountain will help defend against such an attack - just like NORAD HQ was built under Cheyenne mountain - it was designed to survive a 30 megaton blast within 1-nautical-mile (1.9 km). The United States does not have weapons even approaching that yield.

I am sure we can put a bomb right on the center of the door that leads to the nuke plant in the mountain,

Cheyenne Mountain has doors that are 500 meters (1/3rd a mile) inside the mountain. Destroying the outer door would do absolutely nothing; and good luck trying to fly a missile down it.

Are they really that stupid?

Was NORAD? What's your point?

Maybe we can just send them the nuke they been looking to build

The notion of using multiple nukes on Iran is absurd and would be political suicide, and will never happen. The fact that people actually starred your posts are mind boggling. Anyone who stars these posts is a moron. Period.

But was it designed to suffer a direct hit from 10 of them simultaneousy? That is the question.

Well given the US doesn't have nukes as big as that, probably.

Oh wait, he was banned. Good riddance to bad trash.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Of course, the regime wants Israel to bomb them to justify themselves in the eyes of Iranian's. They are desperate and will now resort to anything to get that fight. Israel know's this and will back-off accordingly, whilst this regime rots and goes to hell, and Iranian's have their freedom.

This very open concession that this facility should concern the world, and another recent admission that they would destroy Israel should Israel destroy these facilities in air-strikes. This regime either already has nuclear warheads, or are very close to building them in facilities that are recently becoming unearthed by opposition groups in Iran, or they are bluffing in order to provoke Israel into attacking them. This desperate last-ditch attempts to win over Iranian's will not work, and will only send themselves to hell (not literally), along with many poor innocent Iranian's, sooner than would have previously.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Not to burst anyones bubble but comparing Irans little reactor in the mountaint to the complexity, depth and scale of Norad is just stupid. If the US or Israel want thats mountain facility "collapesed" gthen collapsed it shall be.

NORAD was designed to withstand multiple nukes in close proximity. The USA would never dare to use Nuclear weapons against Iran, therefore, it doesn't need to be close to NORAD. Also, you also have no data on this Iran shelter. I am not trying to say that it is impossible to destroy it, but it makes it significantly more difficult.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Nobody should build, use or even test nukes in the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun

Originally posted by Harlequin

Apparently you have no knowledge of are military capability. We have the ability to jam radar, come in stealthly, or to use a cruise missle. Also we are smart enough to bomb the hell out of the immediate area before we even attempt an attack on the nuclear complex.

And don't forget the good ol US of A has been perfecting hyper-velocity bunker buster weapons for some time.

The first model was supposed to go on line early 2009. This model is basically a "Rod from God" that will come from a height underneath the level we consider "space."

A Hugh rod shaped tungsten steel projectile traveling at 13,000 MPH will do an enormous amount of damage when it slams into these "protected' facilities.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

The IAEA and America have known about this plant for at least a Year. There is something the media isn't telling you.

Iran has no obligations, under the NPT to advise of any facility until 6 months before it is due to go live.

The Iranians have done this and followed all their obligations under the NPT.

What is the west's problem? Well, it serves propoganda to portray this as a "secret" facility wheh it is nothing of the sort, at least it wasn't kept secret from the IAEA

[edit on 30/9/09 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by C0bzz

Nobody should build, use or even test nukes in the 21st century.

Why shouldnt they. Just because you said so? I think any sane country can build use or test nukes, but not that bunch of freaking lunatics in Iran or North Korea or any other little crap nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoupBoneDogSnake

But the "freaking loonatics" in America (Who wouldn't honour JK Rolwing because she promoted witchcraft ), or those "freakin loonatics" in Israel can have them?

That's fair enough, as long as only sane, civilised people can have them.

besides, there is no proof Iran is getting weapons and they submit FULLY to IAEA inspections. But then again, you probably won't even acknowledge that or even note my post directly above yours.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SoupBoneDogSnake

Well, look who's back.....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have this hellish thought at the back of my mind that above this site just happens to be a hospital/school/orphanage/refugee camp/mosque/place where innocent civilians gather.

The propaganda machines just love those.

Nobody wins in war. Someone might get more political clout/$$/mud/water/oil etc., but nobody 'wins'. Everyone loses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join