It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbine Killer's Parents Refuse Apology

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree that medication was the sole cause of this. I think it's quite possible that it was a contributing factor, but you really need to read the diaries to see that these two just flat out degenerated into madness.

72.14.209.104...:06Xg_CNoQiEJ:columbine.free2host.net/diary.html+Klebold+and+Harris+diary&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

Those aren't the entire things, but is the best link I can find at the moment that provides a day by day degradation in their ability to reason and their losing touch with reality. It is important to know these two didn't just flip out one day, this was a planned assault that started far in advance of the actual deed.

Now as fair warning, the diaries have some very offensive content in them.

Anyway... the diaries read like neurotic escapism gradually turned into psychotic genocidal darwinism mixed with delusions of grandeur. These aren't the typical traits of one whose seratonin levels are being kept artificially low (which is typically depression and lack of energy).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I just found some very interesting quotes from the "Basement Tapes" (the tapes Eric and Dylan made leading up to their rampage).

April 11, 1999

[snip]

The video starts again and now Eric's alone. He's propped the camera on his knee or similarly close location, filming his face directly. Behind him his headboard can be made out along with a bulletin board above; he's in his bed at home. He talks about his parents and the cops who may want to have his "parents pay".

Eric: "My parents are the best #ing parents I have ever known. My dad is great. I wish I was a f@cking sociopath so I didn't have any remorse, but I do. This is going to tear them apart. They will never forget it." He then addresses his parents directly, if briefly: "There is nothing you guys could have done to prevent any of this. There is nothing that anyone could have done to prevent this. No one is to blame except me and Vodka. Our actions are a two man war against everyone else."

April 20th, 1999 tape - 30 minutes before the attack
Evidence item #200

Eric and Dylan are once more in the family room of the Harris residence. Eric is filming. Dylan is wearing a black baseball cap on backward, exposing a "B" embroidered in white on the back of the hat. He's wearing a plaid shirt, either dark blue or black with white; the shirt's untucked. There are several bags on the floor, including a large maroon one.

Eric: "Say it now."

Dylan: "Hey mom. I gotta go. It's about a half an hour till judgment day. I just wanted to apologize to you guys for any crap this might instigate as far as (inaudible) or something. Just know I'm going to a better place. I didn't like life too much, and I know I'll be happy wherever the f@ck I go. So I'm gone. Good-bye. Reb..."

Dylan takes the camera then and begins filming Eric. Eric's also wearing a plaid shirt that's either dark blue or black with white, with a white t-shirt on underneath. His lower half can't be seen.

Eric: "Yea... Everyone I love, I'm really sorry about all this. I know my mom and dad will be just like.. just f@cking shocked beyond belief. I'm sorry, all right. I can't help it."

Dylan: (interrupts) "It's what we had to do."

Source

Seems they were both fond of their parents and were fully aware that they'd take heat for their actions. They also express confidence that their parents would be shocked by their actions (implying that they had managed to hide their intent).

I find it very interesting that they were apoligetic in these tapes, both to their friends/parents and to their forth-coming victems. They make several comments about it being "something they had to do", yet felt remorse for knowing that they would do it. Other comments include "kickstarting the revolution", implying that their actions were geared towards making big social changes.

If they had understood that their attack would result in the opposite of what they were trying to do, I wonder if they would have done it.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty familiar with the Columbine massacre. Bullying played a role in it, no doubt, but there were many more factors involved that made the two boys go postal. Depression, anti depressants, social alienation, nobody to turn to in hard times (except themselves), feelings of hopelessness, the injustices in society, and on and on. They were victims of a perfect storm of circumstances. Instead of blaming their parents, (who had no idea what they were thinking) we should blame society. We should apologize for creating those "monsters".

It's too bad those "basement tapes" weren't released, because in them, the killers detail the attack and give their reasoning behind it all. They would've been interesting to say the least, but no, the cops thought they could inspire copycat killings, so they weren't released.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Anyway... the diaries read like neurotic escapism gradually turned into
psychotic genocidal darwinism mixed with delusions of grandeur. These
aren't the typical traits of one whose seratonin levels are being kept
artificially low (which is typically depression and lack of energy).

You do not understand how these drugs work my friend. They are serotonin re-uptake inhibitors.

SSRI drugs are designed to allow the available neurotransmitter serotonin
to be utilized more efficiently. A low level of utilization of serotonin is currently
seen as one among several neurochemical symptoms of depression. Low levels
of serotonin in turn can be caused by an anxiety disorder, because serotonin
is needed to metabolize stress hormones [citation needed].

These medications evolve their effects at the serotonin transporter. They
increase the extracellular level of the neurotransmitter serotonin by inhibiting
its reuptake into the presynaptic cell. They have no or only weak effects on
other monoamine transporters, thus having little direct influence on the level of
other neurotransmitters.

These drugs can cause people to slowly slip into the world of as you put it,
psychotic genocidal darwinism mixed with delusions of grandeur. I am sure it
is not the sole cause, but I think it is the main cause.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
These kids, I will repeat were taking Serotonin reuptake inhibitors. These drugs ... are causing people to lose their minds ... .

Do you think there is a drug company connection that is either forgotten about or is being hiden from the public view by big drug company money and connections??

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
[edit on 20-2-2008 by evanlong]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Old post

sorry

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Styki]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The two boys had been tortured mentally and physically for years. They were still children and didn't have the maturity to deal with it.

I was bully tortured in school to the point that I wanted to do what they did. In one incident alone, one of the men responsible for torturing me (he was a legal adult) wrapped a metal pipe up in his jacket (I guess to sneak it in the school) and snuck up behind me and slammed it into the back of my head. The other students thought it was hilarious and were laughing. I had literally no one on my side. I was forced by law to endure this type of treatment every day of my life my entire childhood. The teachers and other adults said that it only happened because I enjoyed it and that if I wanted it to stop I would. After years of being told "if you ignore them they will leave you alone" I figured out that they lied and I was angry. I kept ignoring it and ignoring it but it wouldn't go away. Finally, I stopped ignoring it and kept trying to get the adults to do something about it and wouldn't listen when they told me the usual lie of "if you ignore them they will leave you alone." So they went to the lie that I must like it or it wouldn't happen and that I could make it stop if I wanted to make it stop. The only way I could think of to make it stop was by killing every last one of them. I became consumed with rage and wanted them all dead so they could never harm me again.

I obeyed, paid anyway. Where was my reward? I obeyed society. I obeyed the adults. I obeyed the "if you ignore them they will leave you alone" through beatings, threats of rape, attempted kidnapping, name calling and more threats, etc for several years. I was labeled a troublemaker for complaining about it. No apologies. Nothing but blaming me for it. I was a 94 pound girl being targeted by dozens for the pure pleasure of torturing someone with perfect immunity from consequences. They would gang up on me when they'd beat me. They'd laugh with glee from all the fun they had torturing me. And they've never had to pay a consequence. And I got labeled a "troublemaker" for complaining after years of torture, ignoring it with the promise of the adults I was supposed to obey that "if you ignore them they will leave you alone." The adults get to stay in this system, allowing the torturing of many more girls.

Why was I singled out? I'll never know. It started when I was little and got worse and worse through the years until I finally left high school with nothing but bad memories and nightmares. And I'll never know why. I'll never know why.

I am much older now and I still cannot get rid of those bad memories. It was all society ever let me know as a child. Nothing but bad memories.

I have total empathy for these shooters. Only thing is, it's not what God would have wanted them to do. Now, it's too late for them to repent. That's the saddest part of it all. In the end, that's all that matters.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Just who's definition of a bully would you go by?
Everyone sees things diffrent and how do you know that someone is telling the truth about being bullied or are they just very sensitive, or maybe they like the attention they get when they are a victim of somthing.

I don't know if I should be insulted right now or not.

Funny, my principle of my highschool had a similar attitude. That was until, of course, I snapped, broke a kids nose and knocked out another one. I was the guy the attempted to just mind his own. I didn't say a word to most these people. You know what happen 2 weeks into school, I was getting stomach pains everyday on the way to school. It was stress related to the amount of verbal abuse (and physical) I was getting on a daily basis. I won't get into details, because its still very real to me 4-5 years later.

When the principle finally took the situation seriously, he looked into it, and immediately decided the best action was to let me go to another school. I have no detentions, suspensions, or expulsions on my highschool record either. One teacher was fired, two kids were kicked out of school, and I was transfered to a new highschool.

Let me ask you this. Have you ever gone up to a person in class, talk to them, and everything seems cool until you mention your name, then they just walk away? They walk away because they don't even want to be seen talking to you. Between the rumors that get thrown around and the possibility of getting bullied themselves, they want no part of you. Thats not a good feeling to have when you wake up everyday to go to your "learning environment".

You can not hide your kids from the world and you have to teach them to stand up and hold their chin up and face it head on or when they do get out in the world they will be victims.

Yes I agree you cant shelter your kids...but you can't ignore them either. They are kids for a reason. They are not mentally as strong or as wise as an adult. You can't expect a 15 year old kid to just blow off the fact hes being alienated. Then to come home and have his parents tell him "get over it". Thats not how PARENTING works.

I do know that bullies exist but they are usually mentaly weak people and can be beat in more ways than one.

Yea, but they usually aren't physically, and they usually travel in packs now. It's no longer that one stupid bully walking around through the hallways. Its about 5 guys weighing somwhere between 210-260 getting in your face and saying to you "hey queer, you want to know what it feels like to get your finger broken?" They may not be bright, but 5 big guys aren't "weak" either.

When I was a kid I was short and fat with real ugly glasses so I had to learn to run or fight or keep my mouth shut. The workplace and the rest of the world are no diffrent.

That is the problem, the rest of the world is no different. They act like a bunch of immature kids forming a picking order to boost their egos because they never did anything with their lives.

Just because the "real world" tries to kick the hell out of you doesn't mean you have to sit their and take it or run away from it. That shouldn't be your only options.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Links to 30K+ pages of government documents related to the April 20, 1999 attack on Columbine High School have been posted to the internet.

www.xmail.net...

I've also created a video on the documents called "The Columbine Cause".

www.xmail.net...

Sincerely,
Evan Long

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join