It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/OVNI Footage -San Juan, Puerto Rico.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Another look at some OVNI footage from 1999 - did anyone ever come up with a
prosaic explanation for this one?

1999-San Juan, Puerto Rico. This is a very good clip of an anomalous object which seems to emit a white glowing light. The object seems to simply materialize above the city. None of the details of the film are known at this time. Object seems to hover for a time, and then quickly move to the left side of the screen and out of view.

Link:
www.youtube.com...
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Cheers Phi1618 -the Youtube embedding facility doesn't appear to like me very much.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hm - never seen that one.. pretty interesting if you ask me. Especially with the acceleration.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SolPower

SolPower- its certainly an interesting video and Puerto Rico has had more than its fair share of strange reports down the years:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Another look at some OVNI footage from 1999 - did anyone ever come up with a
prosaic explanation for this one?

1999-San Juan, Puerto Rico. This is a very good clip of an anomalous object which seems to emit a white glowing light. The object seems to simply materialize above the city. None of the details of the film are known at this time. Object seems to hover for a time, and then quickly move to the left side of the screen and out of view.

Link:
www.youtube.com...
Cheers.

I don't think anyone could come up with a prosaic or any kind of explanation for this kind of footage. What is there positive to say about it. The video quality is awful an it's night footage which has almost always turned out to be less reliable for discussion than daylight footage. I'm not saying it's a hoax but it could be easily hoaxed. It joins the pantheon of similar unusable videos. But thanks for bringing it out of storage!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I don't think anyone could come up with a prosaic or any kind of explanation for this kind of footage.

Skeptical Ed -thanks for the reply.

Care to take an educated guess as to what the object may be?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Did anyone ever come up with a good explanation for the 'Diamond Ovnis' in Costa Rica?

www.youtube.com...

This is funny to watch, just listening to the dude, too.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Venus, out of focus.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage - what do you think the thread subject video is?

www.youtube.com...

As for Venus explanation - I'd be interested to hear if you agree with the USAF about the Portage County Incident:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The quality is so bad that it's hard to tell much of anything about the video in the OP. It comes from a videotape made off of a TV screen from a 1974 documentary (not 1999). I don't think aircraft landing lights can be ruled out. I have a hunch the "acceleration" may be due to some trickery. Look at the street traffic at the base of the building in the center of the screen, it seems to me that the cars are moving faster toward the end of the video. I also notice something odd about the lighting on the building on the far left between 1:40 and 1:50.

My reference to Venus had nothing to do with eyewitness reports but with people claiming that out of focus videos of it are videos of UFOs. But Venus and other celestial objects have been and continue to be mistaken for UFOs. On April 17, 1966 Venus rose at about 5:00 AM in Ohio. It was relatively close to Earth and would have been very bright. The officers "chased" the object heading East (the direction in which Venus was rising) but, like chasing a rainbow, they never got closer to it.

Dr. Hynek has also noted that this sort of thing is not uncommon.

One evening during his visit he was in a police cruiser when a UFO report came over the radio. Several police vehicles converged on an intersection, and officers leaped out pointing and shouting excitedly at the mystery object. Hynek, the professional astronomer, recognized it as the star Arcturus. The episode, he said, was a 'sobering demonstration' to him.

Brookesmith, Peter. UFO: The Government Files. New York: Barnes & Nobles, 1996.
home.comcast.net...

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
@ karl 12

cool video , not sure what it is

i know there is a better copy of this video somewhere. i'll see if i can find it. i'm thinking it might be in a documentary ?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Another look at some OVNI footage from 1999 - did anyone ever come up with a prosaic explanation for this one?

Link:
www.youtube.com...
Cheers.

I don't think that this kind of video is subject to any kind of explanation least of all a prosaic one. It is just a video of an unknown light appearing and then moving right and left.

However, there is a similarity between this materializing light and what one sees in part of the STS-80 video where similar scenes are seen but from space. In the STS-80 video the light materializes from beneathe the cloud cover. In this video it's the opposite. Too bad it's not clear footage.

However, because this footage is edited we can't tell if the moving left object is the same one that materialized.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the video Karl

I really don´t understand why people expect to see HD videos of UFOs, if you have seen one you should agree with me that the first thing that happens is that you get petrified by fear, and only if you have time enough to react and have a cell phone around you might be able to get a picture, people that have been ready in that very special moment are very few, for me your video brings back memories of the only UFO I have seen in Bogotá, Colombia two years ago.

Keep up your excellent threads, I always enjoy reading them

All the best

C.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I don't think anyone could come up with a prosaic or any kind of explanation for this kind of footage.

Skeptical Ed -thanks for the reply.

Care to take an educated guess as to what the object may be?

I'll go out on a limb and say, simply, that it's a UFO just as the STS-80 objects are UFOs. There's a similarity in behavior.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Venus, out of focus.

Huh? You're saying the video I posted is 'Venus, out of focus'? I don't think so (?!?)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hi,
I think this version of the video has a better quality.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by derpif]

new topics

join