It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters in Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just a quick thread to inform UK people that there's an interesting True Stories documentary tonight (tuesday, 29th Sept) about an explosion in Siberia in 1908.

It's known as the Tunguska event and there's much speculation about what caused it, but my favourite is it may have been the result of an experiment by Nikola Tesla using the Wardenclyffe Tower, performed during one of Robert Peary's North Pole expeditions, as he wanted to show the power of wireless electricity and testing his "Death Ray" by aiming his beam towards the Arctic Cirle where he hopes Admiral Peary will see a visual display in the sky. Instead he got to see a 5-10 megaton fireball

Ofcourse, other speculations include the mandatory crashed UFO and even a possible black hole passing through the Earth.

Program is on More4 @ 10pm.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

S & F

Although I'm not in the UK...

I have always been fascinated by this event. After reading many books on the Tunguska event I feel it was a small comet. I read about the butterfly pattern at the impact location. Where it "Air burst" above ground and that was why there was no real crater or debris at the epicenter.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Apparently a crater has been found I read or saw somewhere and a team of boffins claim it is the site of a small lake.

I've believe I've seen the program the OP is talking about and some of the people in it come across as slightly barking mad.

Some people (russian) are claiming that Tunguska was caused by a UFO crashing.

Like yourself, when I first set eyes on the photos of the flattened forests around 1975, it blew my mind and I've been fascinated since it would be really nice to have an explanation after all these years.

Tesla ? Let's hope not

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Yeah I know about the tiny lake. Whatever the reason thank god it didn't happen over NY, London or [Insert a major City near you].

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I made a post on this the first time it was aired you can read it here.

It was a pretty good documentary, didn't really throw any new ideas into the mix but the documentary is well made. If I remember correctly the scientists conclude a comet was almost certainly the cause, they were pretty happy to find certain evidence they were looking for. Its also a pretty rare treat to see some Russian culture and hear their views, some are a little out there too.

Worth a watch for sure!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Sorry for the double thread refuse_orders, i posted once i saw the trailer without doing a search first.

Deathray or comet, guess we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Now I have even more video to watch and fear I will lose track.
The Tower would have the power of two Niagara Falls.
Stated by Tesla.
The energy of the voltages apparently 180 degrees out of phase
making loss less wireless power.
There is perhaps an ionosphere involvement.
There are stories the the Tower produced sparks and did have
operational periods.
It just might be the end of world wide wireless power.
Such an event would cause even Tesla to stop the project
and JP Morgan running out of money might have been at
government request.
Have no fear, there is still wireless power on a smaller scale.
If we knew the secret, but ETs or Illuminati or the von Braun
replacements are sitting on the lock to Tesla treasures at
Los Alamos basement of the Robert Oppenheimer Library.

Small cars to aircraft might still use wireless power.
Tesla's radio controlled boat had no battery only a generator.
If that is true then Tesla powered and controlled the boat
wireless with the hidden technology.
No one has achieved wireless power, only Tesla.
Power and communication in a new and different set of
electrical circuits.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No worries dude, Its worth letting people know its on again who might have missed it the first time.

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Hey T&L hows it going dude?
There have been quite a few advances in wireless transmission of electricity over the last couple of years with some positive results in the lab from what I have read. Still only very early prototype systems, but it will be here soon I think.

You might also be interested to check out this company Witricity they are definitely making some big leaps in using WiFi to transmit electrical power. I saw a segment on a documentary some time last year that showed some of their work in action, powering a TV and charging a mobile phone etc. Your post just reminded me to go look them up, they have been transmitting wireless electricity with out batteries too, I took this quote from their site.

Direct Wireless Power—when all the power a device needs is provided wirelessly, and no batteries are required. This mode is for a device that is always used within range of its WiTricity power source.

Automatic Wireless Charging—when a device with rechargeable batteries charges itself while still in use or at rest, without requiring a power cord or battery replacement. This mode is for a mobile device that may be used both in and out of range of its WiTricity power source.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Witricity is similar technology to SplashPower.

It works off induction coils and i know they had problems persuading mobile phone OEM's to incorporate their small induction chip in the phones, as the PCB real estate is very tight, so it will be difficult to roll out for the mass market. Especially when you consider the iPhone struggles with cramming hardware into their phones, so use crappy cameras instead, compared to higher end phones like the Nokia N95.

Not really novel technology, considering Tesla did this stuff 100 years ago, but Witricity managed to secure $4million in first-round seed capital

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh for sure, this kind of thing should have been already in place to long ago to even think about, without getting angry anyway. Once again though we the general public have to wait until those hell bent on holding us back throw us some scraps.

Anyway witricity was just something I remembered, they seem to be actually moving forward which was a nice surprise. As for the phone manufacturers it it seems a very illogical move, being able to remove the charging block inside the phone should be more than enough room to work. With the implementation of wifi almost anywhere you go eventually they will be able to do away with battery charging altogether and rely just on wifi powered devices, or maybe just a very small battery for emergencies.

Back to Tunguska (didn't mean to threadjack), Is there any real correlation between the event and Dr Tesla? Personally I think its a long shot, although its Tesla so nothing is impossible. From what I have read elsewhere the dates for the expedition, Tunguska incident and the experiment do not correlate? Can anyone confirm this?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i remember reading about this when i was young, and seeing pics, really really sparked my interest in stuff like that.

first time ive heard the tesla theory though, some of his stuff was show for sure, but he certainly had some strange inventions, deffinitely ahead of his time.

i have this show recording so will watch it later, i only caught the end of it the last time it was on

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

This means that somebody had to feed this power to the tower, or there was a massive device capable of accumulating such energy. There is no evidence of either, so I'd have to call it bull.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Tesla wanted to saturate the globe with electricity as a dynamo so that everyone on the surface of the globe could obtain electrical light just by sticking wires into the soil and a electrical bulb would light. When J.P. Morgan heard about the Tesla project, he was asked: "How can we get money from the electricity which Tesla is supplying to every part of the world?" After that Morgan cut the funds and the Tower was never finished.

Tesla wanted to bring electricity from the huge resources at Niagara Falls Power Plant and disperse it all around the globe.

Link

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It is not certain if Tesla ever used the death ray, or indeed if he even succeeded in building one. But the following is the often-related story of what happened one night in 1908 when Tesla tested the foreboding weapon.

At the time, Robert Peary was making his second attempt to reach the North Pole. Cryptically, Tesla had notified the expedition that he would be trying to contact them somehow. They were to report to him the details of anything unusual they might witness on the open tundra. On the evening of June 30, accompanied by his associate George Scherff atop Wardenclyffe tower, Tesla aimed his death ray across the Atlantic towards the arctic, to a spot which he calculated was west of the Peary expedition.

Tesla switched on the device. At first, it was hard to tell if it was even working. Its extremity emitted a dim light that was barely visible. Then an owl flew from its perch on the tower's pinnacle, soaring into the path of the beam. The bird disintegrated instantly.

That concluded the test. Tesla watched the newspapers and sent telegrams to Peary in hopes of confirming the death ray's effectiveness. Nothing turned up. Tesla was ready to admit failure when news came of a strange event in Siberia.

On June 30, a massive explosion had devastated Tunguska, a remote area in the Siberian wilderness. Five hundred thousand square acres of land had been instantly destroyed. Equivalent to ten to fifteen megatons of TNT, the Tunguska incident is the most powerful explosion to have occurred in human history -- not even subsequent thermonuclear detonations have surpassed it. The explosion was audible from 620 miles away. Scientists believe it was caused by either a meteorite or a fragment of a comet, although no obvious impact site or mineral remnants of such an object were ever found.

Nikola Tesla had a different explanation. It was plain that his death ray had overshot its intended target and destroyed Tunguska. He was thankful beyond measure that the explosion had - miraculously - killed no one. Tesla dismantled the death ray at once, deeming it too dangerous to remain in existence.

[url=http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others-Doc-Science&Forteana/+Doc-Science-StrangePhysics/Tunguska-PossibleTeslaDeathRayExperiment.htm]Link[ /url]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

This means that somebody had to feed this power to the tower, or there was a massive device capable of accumulating such energy. There is no evidence of either, so I'd have to call it bull.

Nikola Tesla in a March 5, 1904 article states:
"The best design of which I knew has been adopted, and the
transmitter will emit a wave complex of a total maximum activity
of ten million horse-power, one per cent of which
is amply sufficient to "girdle the globe." This enormous rate
of energy delivery, approximately twice that of the combined
falls of Niagara, is obtainable only by use of certain artifices,
which I shall make known in due course."

Tapping an Earth to ionosphere voltage might just do something.

We understand very little indeed.
Well there are some around that are narrowing down on Tesla
and all the things the MIT official said was worthless in 1943 when
everything of Tesla's was packed up.
Von Braun and his crew ran to get all of Tesla's material and
dropped the V2 like a hot potato to work on the saucer which
he showed off going over Washington D.C.

With all the lies about Tesla how do we know if Tesla had the
Tower running like some suggest.
No one knows anything about Tesla except from reading his
works and many are locked up. A log on the Tower operation
would be nice except hand writing experts that examine Tesla
Colorado Springs Notes might also be able to present falsified
material.

A science detective and quite discerning ability to understand
Tesla is needed and not place anything into a different agenda.
ED: To show how unknown some coil operations are, it is
quite possible that the Tesla coil builders might tune the coil to
power a car. This would be a voltage drive car. Unless it
got airborne first. Coil tuning and operation is still left in the
published writings so why don't the coil builders follow his
directions.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join