It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News 7.9/8.3-Magnitude Quake Shakes Ocean 120 Miles Southwest of American Samoa

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

On the West Coast, you have nothing to worry about, they were never really in any danger.

But, to answer your question, I would think that 100 feet above sea level is plenty high.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OH NOES!! Its haarp, its haarp!! Will say the ignorant *****. Nobody cant imagine earthquakes are naturals?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by lernmore
Getting early reports from eastern news outlets and live satellite feeds of as many as 40 dead so far.

40 dead? I thought there wasn't going to be a tsunami wave?

Update: at least 18 deaths confirmed so far, reports of more (unconfirmed), and waves of at least 6 meters in some places of Samoa.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Just stay out of the ocean.

A Tsunami Advisory is in effect which includes the coastal areas of California and Oregon from the California-Mexico border to the Oregon-Washington border.

This message is for Information Only for coastal areas of Washington, British Columbia and Alaska from the Oregon-Washington border to Attu, Alaska.

A Tsunami Advisory means that a tsunami capable of producing strong currents or waves dangerous to persons in or very near the water is imminent or expected. Significant, widespread inundation is not expected for areas under an advisory. Currents may be hazardous to swimmers, boats, and coastal structures and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 9/29/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

At least 50 people were killed in Samoa and neighbouring American. Unconfirmed reports said 40 people had been killed in the Samoan village of Lalomanu, at the southeastern end of the main island of Upolu.

At least a further 14 are known to have died in American Samoa.The death toll is almost certain to climb, officials said, but communications and power outages were hampering rescue efforts

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There have been 4 4.9-5.0 ones in the area in the last ten minutes. If you have Firefox download Equake. It shakes the screen according to the earthquake size, and tells you the size and location at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

On the West Coast, you have nothing to worry about, they were never really in any danger.

But, to answer your question, I would think that 100 feet above sea level is plenty high.

I was thinking so, and hoping so. My camper IS fully loaded and stocked though, JUST in case.

reply to post by Phage

OK, good to know, Thank you.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Are you sure that the Samoans weren't just playing jump rope?

Just kidding, I love those guys, they have good cookies.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
There have been 4 4.9-5.0 ones in the area in the last ten minutes. If you have Firefox download Equake. It shakes the screen according to the earthquake size, and tells you the size and location at the bottom.

Equake will also shake your screen whenever one has been upgraded or downgraded. Sometimes it will shake 2-3 times for one earthquake as they adjust the magnitude.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Aggie Man

Sorry, I wasn't trying to do either. It seemed to me that you were implying that there is some kind of conspiracy of silence about it.

It's all good Phage

And no, the conspiracy will come later...

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
WTH????? is up with this guy, ignore what he says, kinda creepy, but the last 15 seconds....what IS that??? Is this really a new video or some old fake one I don't know about.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic4life

Guy I used to know, whose name is 14 syllables long... would kick your arse if you mistook him as Samoan. He was Hawaiian.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
www.nzherald.co.nz...

-waves between 1m and 6m in Samoa
-villages flattened or underwater
-Samoa capital flooded

-waves now going to New Zeland. sensors detect them as small but powerful 0.5m-1m waves. last update about 15min ago

[edit on 29-9-2009 by segurelha]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
WTH????? is up with this guy, ignore what he says, kinda creepy, but the last 15 seconds....what IS that??? Is this really a new video or some old fake one I don't know about.

That's gotta be fake. It looks like a typhoon or something. As far as I know, the weather is sunny in Samoa.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
*I had a feeling a major disaster would hit today. Guess my gut feeling was right once again.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Me too! But I had a dream last night that a massive quake would hit the bay area in the next 72 hours...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well.. that's odd.

You guys remember the 9.1 Sumatran quake from 26 Dec 2004? The antipodal position for it is right next to the Galapagos Islands where the volcano on Fernandina Island erupted in April 2009. Almost directly on the opposite side of the world. I noticed this after I got curious about the antipodal position for this quake... which is somewhere just north of Central Africa.

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Originally posted by InterconnecteD
did the webbot make any predictions about this or an natural event in this time frame?

havent found anything yet myself

One of our OWN did...here is his very recent thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guilty as charged...

I still say webbot predictions are a bunch of BS!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My wife's parents live in American Samoa. Fortunately they are both ok. However, 3 villages have been wiped out. This is not good...still pulling bodies out of the ocean

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic4life

Not the slightest bit funny at this point in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join