It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News 7.9/8.3-Magnitude Quake Shakes Ocean 120 Miles Southwest of American Samoa

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
An interesting past couple days! I'm not real savvy on earthquakes..but this has inspired me to d/l "gee". I have no idea how to make sense of the graphs (anyone wanna give me a quick lesson?) but, I'm scrolling over the map now of the most recent quakes and it's showing 1 quake at 80k km depth 7.6, and a separate one 80k km depth 7.9 in southern Sumatra?? Is this right??

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I guess gee isnt giving me the right data..hmm anyway cnn just posted an update on the situation

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
just watched the BBC news and they had an expert on and she said that the area is due a powerful quake between 8.5 - 9 magnitude in the next 2-3 years.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ok, what i've just heard from a bloke on a football forum (i told you on a seperate topic, football supporters are very intelligent!)

"It's not unusual because when pressure s released on one side of a plate it can load up the other side causing a chain reaction. Sumatra is right on the border of the Indo Australian and the Pacific plates, whereas Peru is right on the border of the Nazca and South American plates. The Pacific plate is the one getting loaded by the Sumatra quake, in turn loading the Nazca plate and that pressure gets released on the Nazca / South American border, in turn repressurising the Pacific plate"

www.waccoe.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Earthquakes are just a way of nature saying that a change is needed in our entire environmental lifestyle because at the current rate we are destroying the world.

Everything fits together in the bigger scheme of things. There are "reminders" that come to us via nature's ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join