It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News 7.9/8.3-Magnitude Quake Shakes Ocean 120 Miles Southwest of American Samoa

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
At least it wasn't a huge Tsunami like the Indonesian one in 2004!!

But as i speak.... there has been an Earthquake in Indonesia now....

The Earth is dying for sure.... either that or it's bloody angry at us.....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
its starting.... up to 2012...weird solar minium and a mayor rice of cosmic radiation...

time that we investigate wat the influence is of cosmic waves ore gravity fields..
IMO its verrrrrry under estimated...

science.nasa.gov...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

WOW, Thank you so much for this link, I had never seen this!

With the amount of earthquakes striking, it would make a lot of sense that the cosmos effects us so much. The Maya had some kind of ability to understand this stuff I think.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
weird... just after my posting ..the topic went straght from the frontpage......

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry if posted, but here is a link to a new video of the second tsunami from a station broadcaster who was there when it hit. He says it was as slow as molasses compared to the first wave.

video link

He says "I just watched my car float past my second story window," and that the first wave was like 15 feet high.

Also, usually I would have been watching GEE and almost always monitor that area, so I would have been able to post a screen shot of the quake- but I have been working on a new 9/11 video so I've been a bit out of touch here lately.

[edit on Wed Sep 30th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is what I think thats intresting, looking at the earthquake usgs site, thier have been many many many medium sized earthquakes near and around the 8.0 earthquake site. The position of them seems to be lining the fault line or the shelf. While the 7.6 earthquake only had one aftershock.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Calon

even nicer..:-) open google earth with the USGC plugin... draw a line between the samoa an sumatra quackes... surprising to see that there is an certain path in the recent quack's
next step... level the 2 big ones horizontal on google earth...
then look at the compass in the richt above corner...
it seems to me that you than have the tumbling of oure planet earth...

the geografic lines are mesured from pole to pole not the exact pos. of the planet in space..
so a gravity wave may hit us in horizontal way lookin from the universe horizontal..

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Better yet something I have been tryinig to figure out, is thier a submarine volcano under the 8.0 earthquake point that might be contributing to the earthquakes seen centering around that one spot?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calon
Better yet something I have been tryinig to figure out, is thier a submarine volcano under the 8.0 earthquake point that might be contributing to the earthquakes seen centering around that one spot?

Lets just hope that the Earth will not implode or explode ay

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I heard that there was another large quake in Peru today.
This is getting wild.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SFKNOLEG74

9 All of these things happen every day and *have* happened every day for thousands of years.

Me Chapter 1

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

9 All of these things happen every day and *have* happened every day for thousands of years.

Me Chapter 1

Sorry, just replied to what you said about, things are getting wild.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I dont think this is as bas as it could have been. If we are talking about a huge biblical event thats caused by an earthquake, then it should have been bigger, much much bigger where everyone will stop and think "oh my god!" or something to that effect. I dont think these two earthquakes reached that point yet. Yes the tsunami was bad and I feel bad for every life that was lost or effected by it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Indeed they are.

I heard at work today that there was a 7.6 in Peru.
Turns out, that was false. It was a 5.9 and it wasn't even felt by people in the area because of the depth. 5.9 is substantial, I suppose, but nothing too noteworthy. 5.9 would be in the "slightly above ordinary" seismic activity for any given day.
However, there was a major quake on the same day. So it is interesting, and apparently they are "Thinking that the three quakes may be related."

Makes me say: "Duh!"

I mean, I saw a chart on one of these threads a while back, probably the Yellowstone thread, that told the reader that magnitude 8 quakes only occur about 5 times a year. We've had the equivalent of two of them in one 24 hour period.
Then, on their heels, a 6. I would say they are most definately related, but I'm not a geologist.

Would I be off base to predict a major volcanic eruption soon?
Probably so, but I'll throw that out there so people can't call it God, when it happens. And if it happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
**UPDATE**

Another 6.8 Quake just struck again in Indonesia a few minutes ago. Located very close to where the 7.6 mag Quake struck earlier today.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Did anyone catch that Jupiter were in view next to the moon last night and ironically we had to large scale Earthquakes.

Don't worry if you missed it, it will be back on October 26th, the same time as the Timewave zero prophecy

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Update:

BreakingNews URGENT -- Major earthquake, a preliminary 7.0 magnitude, rocks Southern Sumatra: news.bnonews.com...

*twitter, 16 mins. ago^

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow!
This HAS to be truly unheard of.

7.0 is a major quake.
ANOTHER ONE?
Three in less than 48 hours?

Something is going down. I hope people are working to figure out what it is.

Would it be in bad taste to blame HAARP?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Magnitude 8.0 - SAMOA ISLANDS REGION
2009 September 29 17:48:10 UTC

Holy batman:|

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join